Halo 6 Needs a 5 Year Development

Honestly, I think it’s become abundantly clear that 3 years just isn’t enough time to make a great Halo game. Back when Bungie was developing, they were allowed to do whatever, and Microsoft wouldn’t really mess with them. Now, Microsoft is screwing with 343 while they’re trying to develop Halo, just to accommodate their weird–Yoink- vision of Windows 10 and Halo. If this is going to continue, I’d really much appreciate a 5 year development. That way, 343 can spend 1 year with storyboard writing and engine modifications, to get their vision of the game right, and to make sure it doesn’t rub Microsoft the wrong way, 2 years developing the campaign, and 2 years making multiplayer. With that, it’s really impossible for the game to go wrong. These days, all the games being churned out at a 3 year development pace are just full of disappointment, the industry has simply become saturated with broken promises. You can’t really go wrong with an extended development period. All the great games that have come out over the past decade have benefited from 4 year or even 5 year developments; Playdead’s Inside, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Fallout 4, Grand theft Auto V, The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, etc… Games only get better the longer they’re developed. Halo 6 is going to be (arguably) the most important Halo game of all time, as it’ll be the end of the main series, and likely the end of Master Chief. I don’t want to see the finale to my favorite franchise of all time ruined by interference by Microsoft, or even worse, a lack of development time. I can truly and honestly say, that I have NO PROBLEM waiting until 2020 for Halo 6, instead of 2018. If you agree with me, I’m starting a petition you guys can sign:
Petition · 5 Year Development for Halo 6! · Change.org
If you don’t have a change.org account, making one only takes a minute or two, so don’t be afraid!
If you disagree with anything I’ve said, feel free to let me know in the comments section.

I think there’s something in the rules about petitions, but I totally agree that if Halo 6 takes an extra year or two to make, the fanbase won’t waste away provided there’s still some supplemental material in the meantime (like a Halo TV series cough cough wink).

There’s no need for a 5 year cycle. H6 now can go off h5 when it comes to an established engine but with minor tweaks. They have information from the original series and the new series on what works and what doesn’t work, they have the budgets, the staff, ect ect.

As long as they put actual effort into the story I’ll be happy.

It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.

> 2535446258961514;5:
> It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.

Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign

I don’t think they need five years for the next mainline title. They could use Halo 5 as a foundation. All I feel that they need is time to design campaign missions and write a better story, which really just means Microsoft needs to stay the hell away from storywriting.

> 2533275033043318;6:
> > 2535446258961514;5:
> > It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.
>
>
> Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign

343=Microsoft as they’re a subsidiary of Microsoft specifically made to make halo games and halo games only. They’re one and the same, not to mention 343s head is also the vice corporate of Microsoft as well. You telling me she has no power to influence her own franchise? Do you also see the reasons why they add certain things to the game? Some of those explanations they give are lame. “It’s 2016, people expect this to be in it”. Just wow, and you say they’re honest? H4 while I’ll agree the story was good, ruined the multiplayer further than reach and continued on what reach did. Mcc was a total failure and still is to this day, and h5 has the worst (and first bad) campaign to a halo game, they also continued on having abilities to the game even if it’s dumbed down in a sense. Then there’s the false ads, the lack of many game modes and playlists, the downgrades in other features. Honest? Honest? How many more failures will it take before peope realize they -Yoink- at least one thing up with every single game they touch? H6 will be do or die for em, I’m calling it.

Microsoft didn’t mess with Bungie? Friend, you do realize how false that is right? Halo 2 itself, while still a decent game, was a shadow of what Bungie wanted it to be because of how Microsoft rushed their development.

wears blindfold

throws dart at target

Ah. 6 years and 2 months is the minimum development time, if you ask me.

By the way, development doesn’t work the way you think it does. All the things you’re talking about happen concurrently. And anyway, if you’re going to argue about which 343 Halo is the most important, it was Halo 5. Had to launch a working product after MCC. If anything, Halo 6 would be the least important of the main titled launches if it proves to be the last because it doesn’t matter whether it bombs or succeeds.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2533275033043318;6:
> > > 2535446258961514;5:
> > > It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.
> >
> >
> > Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign
>
>
> 343=Microsoft as they’re a subsidiary of Microsoft specifically made to make halo games and halo games only. They’re one and the same, not to mention 343s head is also the vice corporate of Microsoft as well. You telling me she has no power to influence her own franchise? Do you also see the reasons why they add certain things to the game? Some of those explanations they give are lame. “It’s 2016, people expect this to be in it”. Just wow, and you say they’re honest? H4 while I’ll agree the story was good, ruined the multiplayer further than reach and continued on what reach did. Mcc was a total failure and still is to this day, and h5 has the worst (and first bad) campaign to a halo game, they also continued on having abilities to the game even if it’s dumbed down in a sense. Then there’s the false ads, the lack of many game modes and playlists, the downgrades in other features. Honest? Honest? How many more failures will it take before peope realize they -Yoink- at least one thing up with every single game they touch? H6 will be do or die for em, I’m calling it.

I’ve already called it for me… H6 will be the first Halo game I won’t bother getting day one, if at all. It’ll be added to my rental list and if it shows up day one, fine. If not, whatever. If it’s a good game, I’ll eventually buy it and if not, I won’t have wasted my money. I’m done voting with my wallet in the hopes that I’m not wasting my money on a franchise I used to not have that concern with. I don’t have to hunt the truth. I’ve already found it… and it goes like this; Fool me once, shame on you, Fool me twice…

You lost me at the “great” games you listed. Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Witcher 3 were all pretty good, but not great, and slight letdowns in my opinion. None of them really held my interest for more than one playthrough. Halo 5 still has me though. Development time is fine probably, I’m sure Halo 6 will be good, don’t worry too much about it.

> 2533274812652989;9:
> Microsoft didn’t mess with Bungie? Friend, you do realize how false that is right? Halo 2 itself, while still a decent game, was a shadow of what Bungie wanted it to be because of how Microsoft rushed their development.

WELL, either way, everyone would benefit from a longer development

I agree, but I think Halo 6 is supposed to come
out in late 2018.

> 2533274923562209;8:
> > 2533275033043318;6:
> > > 2535446258961514;5:
> > > It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.
> >
> >
> > Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign
>
>
> 343=Microsoft as they’re a subsidiary of Microsoft specifically made to make halo games and halo games only. They’re one and the same, not to mention 343s head is also the vice corporate of Microsoft as well. You telling me she has no power to influence her own franchise? Do you also see the reasons why they add certain things to the game? Some of those explanations they give are lame. “It’s 2016, people expect this to be in it”. Just wow, and you say they’re honest? H4 while I’ll agree the story was good, ruined the multiplayer further than reach and continued on what reach did. Mcc was a total failure and still is to this day, and h5 has the worst (and first bad) campaign to a halo game, they also continued on having abilities to the game even if it’s dumbed down in a sense. Then there’s the false ads, the lack of many game modes and playlists, the downgrades in other features. Honest? Honest? How many more failures will it take before peope realize they -Yoink- at least one thing up with every single game they touch? H6 will be do or die for em, I’m calling it.

Well, if you’ve seen the LateNightGaming video, you’d understand that the “misleading ads” were due to a massive storyboard re-write before launch. Also, no, 343 IS NOT Microsoft. They’re a developer, and Microsoft STUDIOS is a publisher. Just because Bonnie Ross is the “vice president” of Microsoft studios, doesn’t mean she has the power to override the demands of higher-ups in Microsoft Studios or Microsoft itself, that’s not how multi-billion dollar corporations operate

> 2533275033043318;15:
> > 2533274923562209;8:
> > > 2533275033043318;6:
> > > > 2535446258961514;5:
> > > > It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.
> > >
> > >
> > > Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign
> >
> >
> > 343=Microsoft as they’re a subsidiary of Microsoft specifically made to make halo games and halo games only. They’re one and the same, not to mention 343s head is also the vice corporate of Microsoft as well. You telling me she has no power to influence her own franchise? Do you also see the reasons why they add certain things to the game? Some of those explanations they give are lame. “It’s 2016, people expect this to be in it”. Just wow, and you say they’re honest? H4 while I’ll agree the story was good, ruined the multiplayer further than reach and continued on what reach did. Mcc was a total failure and still is to this day, and h5 has the worst (and first bad) campaign to a halo game, they also continued on having abilities to the game even if it’s dumbed down in a sense. Then there’s the false ads, the lack of many game modes and playlists, the downgrades in other features. Honest? Honest? How many more failures will it take before peope realize they -Yoink- at least one thing up with every single game they touch? H6 will be do or die for em, I’m calling it.
>
>
> Well, if you’ve seen the LateNightGaming video, you’d understand that the “misleading ads” were due to a massive storyboard re-write before launch. Also, no, 343 IS NOT Microsoft. They’re a developer, and Microsoft STUDIOS is a publisher. Just because Bonnie Ross is the “vice president” of Microsoft studios, doesn’t mean she has the power to override the demands of higher-ups in Microsoft Studios or Microsoft itself, that’s not how multi-billion dollar corporations operate

Late night gaming will continue to mean nothing untill he gets some balls to show proof. For now saying “don’t want to get anyone in trouble if I release the information” isn’t good enough and can easily be made up. I could literally do what he’s doing right now. You’re flat out ignoring what I said about 343/Microsoft. While true one is a dev and the other a publisher it still changes nothing about 343s subsidiary state. 343 was never going to have free will to begin with, hence why they’re both one and the same. I could get so much deeper In this as well in stuff Microsoft didn’t tell 343 to do. Mcc anyone? 343 chose to do a whole collection, Microsoft just wanted a h2A. H4? 343s own fault for continuing Bungies “-Yoink- you” to the fans with making h4 based off reach. H5? No Splitscreen, something 343 admitted to, hiring people who “hate” halo to help make the game more appealing to an audience that isn’t for halo to begin with! Seriously? And you say they’re honest? They’re ditching the old and bringing in peope who would play it for a week and then drop it for a different game. It’s really only the hardcore of hardcore fans that are still trying to get 343 to stop and listen.

Last but not least, if Bonnie ross’s position as head of 343 and Vice President of Microsoft has no power over her own franchise, then why should people have expectations out of a pawn? When has she shown to even fight back? You don’t think the fans would support 343 if they even showed a little emotion vs Microsoft? But no, 343 continues to do what 343 does best, pretend to listen, but then do nothing upon that untill they absolutely have to.

Id love to chat more, but I believe you’re one of the guys whom also said that h5 is the best game in the world and could beat CS:GO into nothing. That tells me all I need to know.

5 year development? wtf?? this isnt a nasa satellite being built, lad

> 2535472439881065;17:
> 5 year development? wtf?? this isnt a nasa satellite being built, lad

Like he said earlier though, lots of games still have that length of a development cycle so it wouldn’t be that far fetched.

It would be cool if they had maybe two studios making different halo games, that way they could release halo games with 4-5 year development times without having to wait 5 years to play a new halo game. They’d have to time development t between the two studios perfectly though.

> 2533274923562209;16:
> > 2533275033043318;15:
> > > 2533274923562209;8:
> > > > 2533275033043318;6:
> > > > > 2535446258961514;5:
> > > > > It doesn’t need 5 years for development. Just because they released a empty game after 3 years of development means nothing. They released Halo 5 on purpose with no content so they could do updates. They can easily finish it in 3 years if they hire enough employees. Adding 2 extra years would just mean they would spend less on people per year.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Personally, I thought the multiplayer was perfect, and that the campaign was lacking. LateNightGaming released a youtube video a while back talking about how Microsoft had interfered with Halo 5’s original campaign structure, and 343 had to restart all the work they’d done on the campaign. I don’t think 343 is the problem. They’re an honest developer that clearly loves Halo, and i think they did a pretty damn good job with Halo 4’s campaign
> > >
> > >
> > > 343=Microsoft as they’re a subsidiary of Microsoft specifically made to make halo games and halo games only. They’re one and the same, not to mention 343s head is also the vice corporate of Microsoft as well. You telling me she has no power to influence her own franchise? Do you also see the reasons why they add certain things to the game? Some of those explanations they give are lame. “It’s 2016, people expect this to be in it”. Just wow, and you say they’re honest? H4 while I’ll agree the story was good, ruined the multiplayer further than reach and continued on what reach did. Mcc was a total failure and still is to this day, and h5 has the worst (and first bad) campaign to a halo game, they also continued on having abilities to the game even if it’s dumbed down in a sense. Then there’s the false ads, the lack of many game modes and playlists, the downgrades in other features. Honest? Honest? How many more failures will it take before peope realize they -Yoink- at least one thing up with every single game they touch? H6 will be do or die for em, I’m calling it.
> >
> >
> > Well, if you’ve seen the LateNightGaming video, you’d understand that the “misleading ads” were due to a massive storyboard re-write before launch. Also, no, 343 IS NOT Microsoft. They’re a developer, and Microsoft STUDIOS is a publisher. Just because Bonnie Ross is the “vice president” of Microsoft studios, doesn’t mean she has the power to override the demands of higher-ups in Microsoft Studios or Microsoft itself, that’s not how multi-billion dollar corporations operate
>
>
> Late night gaming will continue to mean nothing untill he gets some balls to show proof. For now saying “don’t want to get anyone in trouble if I release the information” isn’t good enough and can easily be made up. I could literally do what he’s doing right now. You’re flat out ignoring what I said about 343/Microsoft. While true one is a dev and the other a publisher it still changes nothing about 343s subsidiary state. 343 was never going to have free will to begin with, hence why they’re both one and the same. I could get so much deeper In this as well in stuff Microsoft didn’t tell 343 to do. Mcc anyone? 343 chose to do a whole collection, Microsoft just wanted a h2A. H4? 343s own fault for continuing Bungies “-Yoink- you” to the fans with making h4 based off reach. H5? No Splitscreen, something 343 admitted to, hiring people who “hate” halo to help make the game more appealing to an audience that isn’t for halo to begin with! Seriously? And you say they’re honest? They’re ditching the old and bringing in peope who would play it for a week and then drop it for a different game. It’s really only the hardcore of hardcore fans that are still trying to get 343 to stop and listen.
>
> Last but not least, if Bonnie ross’s position as head of 343 and Vice President of Microsoft has no power over her own franchise, then why should people have expectations out of a pawn? When has she shown to even fight back? You don’t think the fans would support 343 if they even showed a little emotion vs Microsoft? But no, 343 continues to do what 343 does best, pretend to listen, but then do nothing upon that untill they absolutely have to.
>
> Id love to chat more, but I believe you’re one of the guys whom also said that h5 is the best game in the world and could beat CS:GO into nothing. That tells me all I need to know.

Well, I’m sorry you feel that way, but I choose to believe LateNightGaming. His story fits quite well, despite accessible proof. In his video, he even showed some screenshots of the Artemis in action, proving that 343 had a different design scheme for Halo 5 as a whole, instead of just using it to find those stupid caches. I think it’s a bit inconsiderate and arrogant to say he has no “balls”. If what he said was true, people could lose their jobs, and he was making the right choice. He already explained that he didn’t have much to gain if he was lying. Sure he’d gain a few subscribers from people like me who believe him, but he’d also receive hate and accusations from people like you. He had no real incentive. he didn’t jump 100,000 subscribers overnight, nothing changed, yet he still stands by what he said. Moving on, yes you’re right 343 is a subsidiary of Microsoft Studios, and DUH, obviously they have no “free will”, That was the point of this thread, to get someone’s attention, to emphasize the point that Halo 6 deserves a 5 year development. I simply don’t understand why everyone here thinks that a game will sour with a longer development. Does anyone remember the the Halo 2 Limited Collector’s Edition? It came with two disc, a game disc, and a documentary. In the documentary, Bungie devs were interviewed, and they were asked what they’d like to see, what they’d love to have. Then there was a brief montage: “More time. More time. More time to develop. More time. Time. More time. Time. Time. Time.” They’d all love more time, because they want their game to be good, they want it to sell, they want it to be remembered. I’ll always take everyone’s opinion into account here guys, but everyone here who thinks it should only take 3 years aren’t really explaining themselves, They’re all just saying “they just need to make it good” while (in my opinion) failing to understand that it takes TIME to make a game good. Moving on again UEG, I don’t really blame 343 for the changes they’ve made to Halo. Of course, not EVERY change was for the better, but everyone complains about how Halo should be the same as it was in 2001, how it should NEVER change. But what would be the point? Why buy the game if it doesn’t change? Like, you can always go back and play the old ones, Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3. While indeed, Halo 4’s multiplayer was atrociously bad, it managed to market the game to a broader audience, like CoD fanboys. Halo 5, on the other hand, markets the game to a broader audience, while still managing to create flawless arena multiplayer, introduce new mechanics, and preserve core elements of Halo. You complain about how 343 doesn’t listen to “the fans”, when in reality, “the fans” are a conservative minority living on waypoint, because the majority, the people who enjoy Halo 5’s multiplayer, are too busy playing the game to be on waypoint. It may seem to you that everyone who plays Halo 5 hates 343, but that’s just because waypoint is composed of a couple thousand regular users who dislike 343. There’s MILLIONS of people playing Halo 5, and enjoying it. So all I’m saying is, why should they listen to this small group of people? why not the millions like me, who are ok with the game?