Halo 6 in 2017? According to Halo: Mythos, yes

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Mythos-343-Industries/dp/1681193566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455479477&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+mythos

If you look at the description for the Halo: Mythos book, you’ll see a mention of Halo 6 being released next year. Now, I’m willing to be skeptical about this as it may just be a placeholder like those dates for games you’ll find at GameStop. But for some reason it feels more legit. If so, this worries me. Halo 5 launched in a questionable state with updates adding in features that were standard in old games, certain gametypes for example and now apparently better color selection for armor and emblems, despite three years of development. Now it will only have roughly two years. I’d love to see this disproved, but I’m not so sure.

That would be interesting. I guess a majority of 343i are working on the H6 wile I small team was assembled to keep working halo 5 for the post content

Huh. That’s interesting… Curious to see where this goes…

Halo 5 didn’t have an exact base to build from—they completely re-invented the gameplay, as well as Forge and Warzone. There are also some theories that the main lead writer left during 2013, prolonging the writing. Still, let’s assume that they’re building Halo 6 off of Halo 5: they basically have most things done for them, so they only need to add improvements and up the graphics. The only thing that needs to be re-worked is the campaign, of which I hope they hire a new, more competent lead writer.

It’s just cautious optimism.

2016 would seem rushed to me. At least for a whole new game.

there is always a few years in between halo games to make a quality game! patience is a virtue!

> 2533274792639271;6:
> there is always a few years in between halo games to make a quality game! patience is a virtue!

That isn’t the point. Releasing Halo 6 is less time than prior main Halo games isn’t a good idea.

No way I hope so I can’t wait

I doubt it. Amazon has been the source of many false dates in the past.

That said, it could be true if they’re reusing more assets than usual. Its become more common place in the industry to make extremely high detailed versions of models and textures, and then scale that quality down as needed. I know they’ve been doing that with their Halo 4 and 5 models, in fact much of the returning armour seems to have been done this way.

Its a more efficient way of doing these things in the long run, and doesn’t stop the quality of the game and visuals increasing in the future. I honestly wouldn’t mind Halo 5 being use as a base and then fixing what needs fixing, readding what shouldn’t have been removed and expanding on the overall product.

> 2533274848539555;9:
> I doubt it. Amazon has been the source of many false dates in the past.
>
> That said, it could be true if they’re reusing more assets than usual. Its become more common place in the industry to make extremely high detailed versions of models and textures, and then scale that quality down as needed. I know they’ve been doing that with their Halo 4 and 5 models, in fact much of the returning armour seems to have been done this way.
>
> Its a more efficient way of doing these things in the long run, and doesn’t stop the quality of the game and visuals increasing in the future. I honestly wouldn’t mind Halo 5 being use as a base and then fixing what needs fixing, readding what shouldn’t have been removed and expanding on the overall product.

No doubt what you said about Amazon, so hopefully someone from 343 blows this up as not true and we can move on.

Yer that would be about right 2017 release for halo 6, if 343i have been working on H6 for the last 6 to 8 months maybe a 1 year.

Well, it is possible tho, the story already have been developed and because the next is a sequel there will be something that’s gonna be reused and that saves a lot of time…

I’m with you, artist formerly known as Cobra. This is frightening. Other than 2013 (when 343 was still recovering/hoping to implement Halo 4 as the mainstay game just as Halo 3 was), there’s been a “full installment” Halo game every year since 2008. We don’t need Halo 6 in 2017. There was 3 years between 4 and 5 and not only did we get a jacked up story, but multiplayer wasn’t even fully thought out. Hell, the lobby menu is still a hilarious disaster, and it baffles me that nobody in testing caught that at all.

It seems that 343 is the most bipolar company on the planet. They’ll release things the community really wants - fun campaign easter eggs, 60 FPS, the Halo 2 BR, smoother gameplay and a fun new game mode - but then they’ll completely miss the basics, like splitscreen, offline multiplayer, and game modes like infection and assault. And instead they’ll give us a Pizza and Fries skin for our guns.

I love Halo to death, but the future is scary.

halo 6 that great by i wish they bring back some of the vehicles in halo reach

> 2533274812652989;1:
> http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Mythos-343-Industries/dp/1681193566/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455479477&sr=8-1&keywords=halo+mythos
>
> If you look at the description for the Halo: Mythos book, you’ll see a mention of Halo 6 being released next year. Now, I’m willing to be skeptical about this as it may just be a placeholder like those dates for games you’ll find at GameStop. But for some reason it feels more legit. If so, this worries me. Halo 5 launched in a questionable state with updates adding in features that were standard in old games, certain gametypes for example and now apparently better color selection for armor and emblems, despite three years of development. Now it will only have roughly two years. I’d love to see this disproved, but I’m not so sure.

I don’t see it

I sure hope not. It took them 3 years to make Halo 5 and it had almost no content at launch. If Halo 6 is out within a year or two or Halo 5 its not going to look very good.