Halo 6 - Halo Reboot

who would welcome a total reboot of halo with the focus back on master chief and picking up where Halo 3 left off?

That’d be a horrible direction to take the story.

No the second Halo gets a reboot I’m done. Plus weave had Master chief be the main focus for almost 15 years, he might not have been playable for all 15 years but he has always been the focus.

I wouldn’t be very interested in this. I look forward to the story progressing, not being rewritten.

> 2533274869777895;1:
> who would welcome a total reboot of halo with the focus back on master chief and picking up where Halo 3 left off?

ism’t that halo 4? or were you thinking of spending the whole game in a cryotube?

Reboot ??? NO THANKS
The show must goes on , we dotnneed to go back

I mean a proper reboot, halo 4 would have a new story, and would be a totally new direction canon wise…as in not written yet…

No please

Halo 4 is what you’re asking

That would be great if the train wreck that is everything after halo 3 could get scrapped from the Canon like it never even took place but it’ll never happen.

That’s not a reboot what you’re talking about, that’s a retcon.

And while nothing would make me happier to see all the plotholes and bad storylines thrown out of the window, I don’t agree that this is the way to go. A lot of the new stuff that came as a consequence of the Reclaimer saga war pretty decent, and I wouldn’t want to get rid of those parts as collateral damage. You don’t throw away everything that was great just because of a few bad apples. (Looking at you, Star Wars.)

> 2533274876457142;9:
> Halo 4 is what you’re asking

New story - no Promethean terminators, total reboot, halo 3 was the last respectable campaign

> 2533274869777895;12:
> > 2533274876457142;9:
> > Halo 4 is what you’re asking
>
>
> New story - no Promethean terminators, total reboot, halo 3 was the last respectable campaign

Except Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 4 was flawed, but Halo 3 was a slap-job compared to Halo 4.

> 2533274812652989;13:
> > 2533274869777895;12:
> > > 2533274876457142;9:
> > > Halo 4 is what you’re asking
> >
> >
> > New story - no Promethean terminators, total reboot, halo 3 was the last respectable campaign
>
>
> Except Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 4 was flawed, but Halo 3 was a slap-job compared to Halo 4.

Save “Cortana”, Halo 3 had the superior campaign. Bombarding two scarabs at once in a huge arena while dogfighting dozens of Banshees, with Scorpions and Warthogs cruising around? Nothing in Halo 4 comes even remotely close to that. Halo 3 even made the flood fun to fight, which its predecessors failed to do so. (Again, except the level “Cortana”.) Instead, Halo 4 gave us prometheans, which were boring at best, frustrating at worst. They were even more bullet-sponges than Brutes in Halo 2, except they can now teleport and have a recharging shield, making them unfair to fight and hard to kill.

> 2533274801176260;14:
> > 2533274812652989;13:
> > > 2533274869777895;12:
> > > > 2533274876457142;9:
> > > > Halo 4 is what you’re asking
> > >
> > >
> > > New story - no Promethean terminators, total reboot, halo 3 was the last respectable campaign
> >
> >
> > Except Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 4 was flawed, but Halo 3 was a slap-job compared to Halo 4.
>
>
> Save “Cortana”, Halo 3 had the superior campaign. Bombarding two scarabs at once in a huge arena while dogfighting dozens of Banshees, with Scorpions and Warthogs cruising around? Nothing in Halo 4 comes even remotely close to that. Halo 3 even made the flood fun to fight, which its predecessors failed to do so. (Again, except the level “Cortana”.) Instead, Halo 4 gave us prometheans, which were boring at best, frustrating at worst. They were even more bullet-sponges than Brutes in Halo 2, except they can now teleport and have a recharging shield, making them unfair to fight and hard to kill.

Most of those points are merely subjective and gameplay-related; and I don’t see how putting TWO scarabs is somehow supposed to be that mind-blowingly original… And that fight wasn’t that hard on legendary.

Board Scarab, destroy, get on hornet, go to the other, repeat, go to the bridge; no need to kill the others and insultingly simple; like most of Halo 3’s encounters, sadly.

And yes, Halo 3’s story does have quite a lot of holes that have been fixed over the years.

343 really needs to do something now because the new CoD’s are really catching up to Halo.

> 2533274801176260;14:
> > 2533274812652989;13:
> > > 2533274869777895;12:
> > > > 2533274876457142;9:
> > > > Halo 4 is what you’re asking
> > >
> > >
> > > New story - no Promethean terminators, total reboot, halo 3 was the last respectable campaign
> >
> >
> > Except Halo 4. Don’t get me wrong, Halo 4 was flawed, but Halo 3 was a slap-job compared to Halo 4.
>
>
> Save “Cortana”, Halo 3 had the superior campaign. Bombarding two scarabs at once in a huge arena while dogfighting dozens of Banshees, with Scorpions and Warthogs cruising around? Nothing in Halo 4 comes even remotely close to that. Halo 3 even made the flood fun to fight, which its predecessors failed to do so. (Again, except the level “Cortana”.) Instead, Halo 4 gave us prometheans, which were boring at best, frustrating at worst. They were even more bullet-sponges than Brutes in Halo 2, except they can now teleport and have a recharging shield, making them unfair to fight and hard to kill.

I’m thinking that the Doc is talking about the narrative, not the set pieces or the enemies. To which I kind of agree, I liked the parallels of Cortana becoming rampant to a person suffering Alzheimer’s disease. I have a grandparent that is suffering from dementia so having a story like that tugged heart strings, to me. However, I still like Halo 3 for what it was going for, the overarching theme of the story: Finish the Fight.

> 2533274848322419;16:
> 343 really needs to do something now because the new CoD’s are really catching up to Halo.

In terms of story? no. Not even close to Halo. -Yoink!- it, I just realized that this means that most video games are indeed -Yoinking!- garbage when it comes to building a proper universe and developing a good story with some very few exceptions (Halo, Mass Effect, Deus Ex, The Witcher,…).

Do you people even realize what the word “reboot” means? NOTHING that happened after Halo 3’s Epilogue would be canon ever again unless stated in-universe or officially. That would tear everything -Yoinking!- apart. Do not do that. Not even Crysis had to do a reboot when they wanted bipedal enemies, they just found a way around the stablished lore without breaking any of what was already there.

And if everything you have to support it is “Halo 4 and 5 sux” then that is your opinion and thank the Rings you are not in charge and able to perform such a tedious task of taking half the Expanded Universe to the dump.

> 2533274812698627;15:
> Most of those points are merely subjective and gameplay-related; and I don’t see how putting TWO scarabs is somehow supposed to be that mind-blowingly original… And that fight wasn’t that hard on legendary.
>
> Board Scarab, destroy, get on hornet, go to the other, repeat, go to the bridge; no need to kill the others and insultingly simple; like most of Halo 3’s encounters, sadly.

Sure it’s subjective. And in my subjective opinion, having a huge sandbox warzone with countless AIs beats every bland hallway that Halo 4 could throw at me.

> 2533274812698627;15:
> And yes, Halo 3’s story does have quite a lot of holes that have been fixed over the years.

In the context of the franchise, Halo 3 probably had the least amount of plotholes compared to the other titles, with the sole exception possibly being ODST, just because there wasn’t much going on plotwise in that game.

I am not just talking about the story, enemies and campaign set pieces are also a target for a reboot along with aesthetics such as armor for campaign and multiplayer