Halo 6 Forge...

One of the main things I want to see in Halo 6’s forge, is the ability to modify gravity for the whole map. You could change the strength and direction, and players would rotate with the direction of gravity. Also, there would be an option to make forge monitors also rotate. What would you like to see in Halo 6 forge?

I would really want this. Because not all planets have Earth’s gravity, and it would add a lot more immersion. I also think we should have gravity volumes similar to kill volumes where you can change the size rather than having set sizes.

The number one thing I want in Halo 6’s Forge, is for it to be available offline, without having to have a Gold account to play with. Every Forge until Halo 5 could be played with off-line, building settings either with a friend or by yourself, but that option wasn’t available in Halo 5, I’d like to see it return in Halo 6, with or without splitscrene gameplay.

[deleted]

I’ve mentioned this one myself a few times, and people mostly said, “Huh? What for?” I said, “Just give it to me and I’ll show you.” Time will tell.

> 2533274926570841;4:
> I want halo 6 to include forge tools and objects from halo 3, 4, and reach. Sorry but halo 5 was a bit much.

I think it should have 2 different forge modes. Modern, and classic. Modern would have the modern controls and objects, while classic would basically be halo 2 anniversary’s forge. In modern mode you’d have all the classic objects too. To activate modern mode you would hit down on the d pad when in player mode like you currently do, and for classic mode you’d hit up. When editing in classic mode, you wouldn’t be able to grab or affect any of the modern objects that are primitives, structures, or terrain, as everything else would be available in both modes.

Offline mode. firefight forge or a snapmap campaign forge would be sweet. some of the older objects from reach/4/2A. and an option to import map files from halo 5 so maps no longer need to be entirely rebuilt. it would be great to have a community map playlist soon after launch.

> 2533274926570841;4:
> I want halo 6 to include forge tools and objects from halo 3, 4, and reach. Sorry but halo 5 was a bit much.

But with too many objects came greater detailed maps.
If Halo 6 uses the older tools and stuff, it would be a downgrade from H5.

I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer

> 2533274916180958;9:
> I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer

I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.

> 2533274883501878;3:
> The number one thing I want in Halo 6’s Forge, is for it to be available offline, without having to have a Gold account to play with. Every Forge until Halo 5 could be played with off-line, building settings either with a friend or by yourself, but that option wasn’t available in Halo 5, I’d like to see it return in Halo 6, with or without splitscrene gameplay.

It was one of the things I hated with Halo 5. You could not play custom games or forge without Xbox Live Connection or without Xbox Live Gold Membership. These are features I do miss from the previous Halo titles.

> 2533274873843883;10:
> > 2533274916180958;9:
> > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
>
> I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.

I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex

> 2533274916180958;12:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274916180958;9:
> > > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
> >
> > I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.
>
> I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex

There is complexity in the control scheme, but to be honest I think that it only seems complex to people who were already used to the old control scheme… people like me!

There is complexity in the map and environment options, but no one is forcing anyone else to use them. They’re just there for people who want to go to that next level.

There is complexity in the sheer number of available building blocks, but not so many that I can’t find the things I’m looking for whenever I want them. It just doesn’t take that long to learn where things are. And again, no one is forcing anyone to use anything they don’t want to use.

There is complexity in the add-ons like location volumes, fx, sounds, and such, but again none are mandatory except location names, and those are only mandatory if you’re trying to get a map into matchmaking.

There is complexity in scripting. Needless, pointless complexity. Nothing is easy to do with scripting, and very little of it does what you actually intend it to do. This one I have to give you.

I can understand what you’re saying about pre-built buildings making the process faster, but I’ll respond with a couple of things: First, for me the buildings always felt like a cheat for people who were too lazy to build their own, and there were few enough of them that they became repetitive very quickly, visually and from the standpoint of game play. Second, now that prefabs are a thing you can build your own buildings and just keep re-using them just like you would have in Reach or H4. Or better still, you can rifle through other people’s prefabs and borrow where it suits you.

In the end I absolutely have to concede that this forge is on pretty friendly terms with complexity. But in many respects it’s really only as complex as you choose to make it. And as with all things Halo, it forces you to practice and to appreciate challenge or otherwise we’d all be stuck playing Call of Duty.

> 2533274873843883;13:
> > 2533274916180958;12:
> > > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > > 2533274916180958;9:
> > > > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
> > >
> > > I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.
> >
> > I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex
>
> There is complexity in the control scheme, but to be honest I think that it only seems complex to people who were already used to the old control scheme… people like me!
>
> There is complexity in the map and environment options, but no one is forcing anyone else to use them. They’re just there for people who want to go to that next level.
>
> There is complexity in the sheer number of available building blocks, but not so many that I can’t find the things I’m looking for whenever I want them. It just doesn’t take that long to learn where things are. And again, no one is forcing anyone to use anything they don’t want to use.
>
> There is complexity in the add-ons like location volumes, fx, sounds, and such, but again none are mandatory except location names, and those are only mandatory if you’re trying to get a map into matchmaking.
>
> There is complexity in scripting. Needless, pointless complexity. Nothing is easy to do with scripting, and very little of it does what you actually intend it to do. This one I have to give you.
>
> I can understand what you’re saying about pre-built buildings making the process faster, but I’ll respond with a couple of things: First, for me the buildings always felt like a cheat for people who were too lazy to build their own, and there were few enough of them that they became repetitive very quickly, visually and from the standpoint of game play. Second, now that prefabs are a thing you can build your own buildings and just keep re-using them just like you would have in Reach or H4. Or better still, you can rifle through other people’s prefabs and borrow where it suits you.
>
> In the end I absolutely have to concede that this forge is on pretty friendly terms with complexity. But in many respects it’s really only as complex as you choose to make it. And as with all things Halo, it forces you to practice and to appreciate challenge or otherwise we’d all be stuck playing Call of Duty.

Now that i’ve read this. Yeah a simpler scripting system would be great. And Pre built buildings are sorta handy especially ones that are ripped from older maps to save time and perhaps allow more classic maps at launch as a sort forge showcase for newer/returning players. Id also like a mirroring system where you could build half a map and auto generate a mirrored half to complete symmetrical maps. Damn that just became my most wanted feature haha.

> 2533274916180958;12:
> > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > 2533274916180958;9:
> > > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
> >
> > I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.
>
> I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex

I like how complex the forge in Halo 5 has become. It’s not that friendly to new players but it do open up so many opportunities for the dedicated forgers that the haven’t got before.

The solution in my opinion to make new players learn how to use forge would be that 343 Industries made dedicated forge tutorials to learn the new forgers the controls, show what different things mean and other object properties. There is nearly impossible to make the Halo 5 forge more simple and still keep its freedom. There was so many more limits in the previous Halo titles with forge that made the process slow and tedious.

My best recommendation for new players is to get a feel for the Halo 5 forge before starting any major projects.

Gravity modifier would be cool. I’d like to see more detailed weather effects and prop’s that would react to said effects. Like maybe if you put heavy wind on, all the trees and long grass, etc. would sway in the wind. Or maybe if there was snowfall on a map everything would accumulate more snow as time passes through the match. Stuff like that.

> 2535469120778295;15:
> > 2533274916180958;12:
> > > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > > 2533274916180958;9:
> > > > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
> > >
> > > I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.
> >
> > I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex
>
> I like how complex the forge in Halo 5 has become. It’s not that friendly to new players but it do open up so many opportunities for the dedicated forgers that the haven’t got before.
>
> The solution in my opinion to make new players learn how to use forge would be that 343 Industries made dedicated forge tutorials to learn the new forgers the controls, show what different things mean and other object properties. There is nearly impossible to make the Halo 5 forge more simple and still keep its freedom. There was so many more limits in the previous Halo titles with forge that made the process slow and tedious.
>
> My best recommendation for new players is to get a feel for the Halo 5 forge before starting any major projects.

Simple solution: push up on the D-pad to go into classic edit mode, where you have the classic controls and objects, and if you push down you get modern edit mode. In modern mode you would have all the classic objects, and all the modern objects. There should also be 1 retangular primitive, 1 spherical primitive, and 1 triangular primitive. Then you could just adjust the size of that primitive(maximum 512’).

> 2535419747745609;17:
> > 2535469120778295;15:
> > > 2533274916180958;12:
> > > > 2533274873843883;10:
> > > > > 2533274916180958;9:
> > > > > I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer
> > > >
> > > > I can agree that there are things that could be done to stream-line the building process, but dumbing down the entire forge just so some kids can throw together a bad map in less time? That is most definitely not what forge is all about, at least not to me.
> > >
> > > I can understand it but I feel that there should be at least some simplicity to forge because it is quite complex
> >
> > I like how complex the forge in Halo 5 has become. It’s not that friendly to new players but it do open up so many opportunities for the dedicated forgers that the haven’t got before.
> >
> > The solution in my opinion to make new players learn how to use forge would be that 343 Industries made dedicated forge tutorials to learn the new forgers the controls, show what different things mean and other object properties. There is nearly impossible to make the Halo 5 forge more simple and still keep its freedom. There was so many more limits in the previous Halo titles with forge that made the process slow and tedious.
> >
> > My best recommendation for new players is to get a feel for the Halo 5 forge before starting any major projects.
>
> Simple solution: push up on the D-pad to go into classic edit mode, where you have the classic controls and objects, and if you push down you get modern edit mode. In modern mode you would have all the classic objects, and all the modern objects. There should also be 1 retangular primitive, 1 spherical primitive, and 1 triangular primitive. Then you could just adjust the size of that primitive(maximum 512’).

I feel like the current mode can be pretty good when the players get used to it. It’s only a matter of time and if the change has been made, stay like it and improve the Halo 5 concept of forge. Forge in Halo 5 is just for those who want to push the borders of forge and classic editing mode would only be confusing if there are 2 different control schemes.
Halo 5 forge has a lot of room for improvements that would allow us to facilitate even greater ideas into the maps.

I would like them to add official pelicans and also the falcon but i would also be nice if we could have the full alphabet for forge so you can actually put names on your bases or UNSC ships.

> 2533274916180958;9:
> I feel halo 6 needs a less complex forge like 3 4 and reach so people can just hop on build a base with pre built building and fight with their friends because that’s what forge is really about, not who could make the best map to be in multiplayer

But if that happens, then it would just be a downgrade.
And it would get hate. Which 343i can’t have.