Halo 6: Ending of the Master Chief

First I will give you the link, this is official stuff right here:

My greatest fears have become true. No more Master Chief beyond Halo 6. I’ve been a halo fan since Halo CE and watched the franchise grow and become what it is right now since I was a little kid. Now it is confirmed that Master Chief story will end at halo 6, however the halo franchise will continue. Personally, I will go when the Master Chief is gone because I have a bad feeling that now “our hero” will be Locke… and I HATE this guy already. What do you think guys about this?

This has been posted multiple times broseph.

Then you must have hated the Arbiter too.

> 2533275011491088;3:
> Then you must have hated the Arbiter too.

I keep saying it, Arby’s dies this game.

Thanks for the spoilers -Yoinks!-.

It had to happen eventually. I love MC, but i don’t want him to still be around 15 years from now. If he really is gonna die, I’m quite confident he’ll have a fitting end. Also, the comment about ODST and reach “laying the groundwork” is interesting. That means, a LOT of spinoffs- which is awesome. There’s so much more to the halo universe than just chief, and with 343s writing team I’m super excited for everything coming

Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??

> 2533274800110367;7:
> Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??

I didn’t say they will kill him, I said finishing his story.

“O’Connor wasn’t ready to commit to any specifics about Halo 6 or other future games, saying, “If you start making those stepping stones too rigid, then you’re not being realistic about the game development process.”
But O’Connor, who has worked on the Halo franchise for more than a decade, first at Bungie and now with Microsoft, said the story planning team already has a good idea where Master Chief’s story will end.
“We know what’s going to happen in the next game, and we kind of know what’s going to happen to the Master Chief ultimately,” he explained.”

Wow. The article didn’t say that at all. It said they know how the Chief’s story will end in the longer term. Which could be well after Halo 6.

> 2533274851989634;8:
> > 2533274800110367;7:
> > Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??
>
>
> I didn’t say they will kill him, I said finishing his story.
>
> “O’Connor wasn’t ready to commit to any specifics about Halo 6 or other future games, saying, “If you start making those stepping stones too rigid, then you’re not being realistic about the game development process.”
> But O’Connor, who has worked on the Halo franchise for more than a decade, first at Bungie and now with Microsoft, said the story planning team already has a good idea where Master Chief’s story will end.
> “We know what’s going to happen in the next game, and we kind of know what’s going to happen to the Master Chief ultimately,” he explained.”

That’s fine by me…as long as they do not kill him off to be #cooldarkandedgy

> 2533274851989634;8:
> > 2533274800110367;7:
> > Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??
>
>
> I didn’t say they will kill him, I said finishing his story.
>
> “O’Connor wasn’t ready to commit to any specifics about Halo 6 or other future games, saying, “If you start making those stepping stones too rigid, then you’re not being realistic about the game development process.”
> But O’Connor, who has worked on the Halo franchise for more than a decade, first at Bungie and now with Microsoft, said the story planning team already has a good idea where Master Chief’s story will end.
> “We know what’s going to happen in the next game, and we kind of know what’s going to happen to the Master Chief ultimately,” he explained.”

Technically they didn’t say that he was going to be having his story ended next game either. They gave vague indications, but not those words. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was put into cryogenic stasis forever.

> 2535447317427844;11:
> > 2533274851989634;8:
> > > 2533274800110367;7:
> > > Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??
> >
> >
> > I didn’t say they will kill him, I said finishing his story.
> >
> > “O’Connor wasn’t ready to commit to any specifics about Halo 6 or other future games, saying, “If you start making those stepping stones too rigid, then you’re not being realistic about the game development process.”
> > But O’Connor, who has worked on the Halo franchise for more than a decade, first at Bungie and now with Microsoft, said the story planning team already has a good idea where Master Chief’s story will end.
> > “We know what’s going to happen in the next game, and we kind of know what’s going to happen to the Master Chief ultimately,” he explained.”
>
>
> Technically they didn’t say that he was going to be having his story ended next game either. They gave vague indications, but not those words. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was put into cryogenic stasis forever.

“Wake me when you need me” and all that good stuff again?

Honestly, the universe can use more heroes. And we’ve got some good ones other than John lying around too. Yes, it will be a sad day if/when he’s gone, but come on - the series won’t cease to exist just because he’s not around anymore. The universe won’t implode in upon itself and all of reality just ends because he’s gone. Other heroes will pick up the torch and continue the fight wherever it leads us, and do their best to honor his legacy. The universe can continue on without him, sad as it may be, when that day comes no one but the storywriters know - but someday, it will come.

> 2533274850869596;12:
> > 2535447317427844;11:
> > > 2533274851989634;8:
> > > > 2533274800110367;7:
> > > > Sorry but uhm…where are they saying they are killing him off??
> > >
> > >
> > > I didn’t say they will kill him, I said finishing his story.
> > >
> > > “O’Connor wasn’t ready to commit to any specifics about Halo 6 or other future games, saying, “If you start making those stepping stones too rigid, then you’re not being realistic about the game development process.”
> > > But O’Connor, who has worked on the Halo franchise for more than a decade, first at Bungie and now with Microsoft, said the story planning team already has a good idea where Master Chief’s story will end.
> > > “We know what’s going to happen in the next game, and we kind of know what’s going to happen to the Master Chief ultimately,” he explained.”
> >
> >
> > Technically they didn’t say that he was going to be having his story ended next game either. They gave vague indications, but not those words. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was put into cryogenic stasis forever.
>
>
> “Wake me when you need me” and all that good stuff again?
>
> Honestly, the universe can use more heroes. And we’ve got some good ones other than John lying around too. Yes, it will be a sad day if/when he’s gone, but come on - the series won’t cease to exist just because he’s not around anymore. The universe won’t implode in upon itself and all of reality just ends because he’s gone. Other heroes will pick up the torch and continue the fight wherever it leads us, and do their best to honor his legacy. The universe can continue on without him, sad as it may be, when that day comes no one but the storywriters know - but someday, it will come.

I agree, I just mean there is a chance that it goes one of three ways.

• They have him actually die.
  • They have him fake his death to get out from under the UNSC, either leave behind his helmet (gasp!), or his dog tags or something in like a huge explosion, etc.
  • He gets put into cryogenic stasis to allow for his legend to live on, and for them to say ‘he’s still around’, or something. No one ever said he would actually END this next game, but the story might fall off for a bit.

“No Spartan has ever died of old age.”

New Blood

> 2533274804813082;9:
> Wow. The article didn’t say that at all. It said they know how the Chief’s story will end in the longer term. Which could be well after Halo 6.

This.

Take a reading comprehension class, OP.

Most people hated the Arbiter, and now he’s a fan-favorite character. Even if Master Chief dies—and I’m sure he will—the Halo franchise could still have great stories.

And this is why games like Destiny appeal to me in a different way than halo. You KNOW bungie is not going to force kill your character…

I’m really not surprised and not upset that chief will go eventually. I love him as a character but you can’t use the same one forever. On top of that Steve Downes isn’t going to voice act him indefinitely either.

The Halo universe has grown beyond just master chief and I’d like to see other characters stories in the future.

> 2533274800110367;17:
> And this is why games like Destiny appeal to me in a different way than halo. You KNOW bungie is not going to force kill your character…

LMfao, yea, they just killed the story before you got to it.

I’m kidding, Christ, don’t ban me.

> 2535447317427844;19:
> > 2533274800110367;17:
> > And this is why games like Destiny appeal to me in a different way than halo. You KNOW bungie is not going to force kill your character…
>
>
> LMfao, yea, they just killed the story before you got to it.
> I’m kidding, Christ, don’t ban me.

Yes…the story suffered but it’s still peace of mind