Halo 6: Armor Design

Ok. When it comes to the direction of the armor design in the Reclaimer Saga, 343… it's time to stop - YouTube
What I mean here is that, sure u want to make the armor look very sleek and stylish, but u need to make it look PRACTICAL and REALISTIC! For Halo 6, look at the designs from Halo Wars 2, Halo Reach, and the previous Halo games and combine their style with the current modern style to give it a believeable evolution. Why? Trust me, we DON’T want the Seeker armor to return in Halo 6 or the Wetwork. We need armor sets like the Indomitable and Wrath armor to be in Halo 6. Sure they acted as fan service, but they look believeable. Look to those sets as inspiration for Halo 6’s armor. Please. Thank u.

I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!

> 2533274861849532;2:
> I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!

No, the visor isn’t only to see out of. It has the tracking system, health, radar, comms, vid screens, and a lot more. Visual enhancers and stuff. But While I like some of the new armours, the majority looks weird, ugly, or unrealistic.

Key word here: SOME

While I may disagree on the specific model-to-model debate, I agree with the collective here about the priority being balancing functionality/realism alongside style. I’m willing to stretch and bend the rule, but I don’t think we’re quite at the technological level to just outright ignore it entirely.

> 2533274861849532;2:
> I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!

Not everything needs to have an old-fashioned visor.

Just give us the black techsuit option and all the old armors. That will let us be ninja power ranger superheroes with guns or spartans.

Well realistic and believable in your opinion. It’s not the same for everyone. And the year is 2558 , who the -Yoink- knows what will be realistic and believable by then

> 2535410648744984;3:
> > 2533274861849532;2:
> > I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!
>
>
> No, the visor isn’t only to see out of. It has the tracking system, health, radar, comms, vid screens, and a lot more. Visual enhancers and stuff. But While I like some of the new armours, the majority looks weird, ugly, or unrealistic.
> Key word here: SOME

No, you misinterpret me. I know you can see out of any Mjolnir helmet. I’m saying style wise the only good looking ones are those that if their visors were pure glass like a window that you could still see out of. So take infiltrator or network, you couldn’t see -Yoink- and they also look like -Yoink-, but Recon, CQC, Mk V, Centurion…these are all great helmets. Style wise.

> 2533274916736578;7:
> Well realistic and believable in your opinion. It’s not the same for everyone. And the year is 2558 , who the -Yoink- knows what will be realistic and believable by then

I wouldn’t go that far, because we can look out across the rest of the extensive canon to generally get a pretty accurate baseline of what’s legit and what is not. For example, we know humans use bullets, not hardlight, in their weaponry. While a visor’s internal electronics may help compensate for some of the visuals, it hasn’t explicitly shown it can accomplish a 100% solid helmet interface with no view openings.

Some of the armor and helmets in Halo 5 were ridiculous, they really need to remove the filler armor.

> Some of the armor and helmets in Halo 5 were ridiculous, they really need to remove the filler armor.

Absolutely. <<cough>> Seeker<<cough cough>>. For Halo 6, I hope that 343 takes reference to Halo Wars 2’s Art style and bring it into the Reclaimer Saga. I want to have gritty looking armor again like in Halo Reach. Hell, I’m even designing my own armor set for a school project that fits in with that specific art style.

I’d like to have an armor with a MK. V style chestpiece while adding some new twist to the armor, while still retaining the traditional looks for a Spartan, of course.

Recently i saw a video (the channel was late night gaming) in that video the Halo’s old armor styles were compared with the new 343 ones, and the conclution was that: there are some really good original designs, but the big problem with these armor sets is the colorful undersuit and the bunch of pieces and details that the armors have. If we are looking for a very good old style Halo armor, the first that i have to say is ATHLON, it’s a very good design, why?: it’s a very simple design, it seems very realistic, it seems like something that a real spartan would use in the battlefield, it seems like something that Bungie would made, and 343 could make it better…

They should just take Halo: Reach’s armor customization system and port in over to Halo 6. Seriously; just chuck all the new armor they created with Halo 4 and Halo 5. Especially Halo 5; like you said, no one wants Seeker to come back, or any of the other throwaway power ranger armor they used to flood the REQ pool.

I’ve been looking at the concept armor of Johnson Ting lately and I would love to see some of the designs made to work in the Haloverse. 343, if you’re hiring an armor guy I have a recommendation for you:

https://www.artstation.com/artist/johnsonting

I love the sleek, futuristic, and purposeful look of all of his concepts. Beautiful work, a very talented artist. Note that some of the work is based on games that exist. Check out the concepts he has displayed to get a sense of the creative direction he excels at.

I like the armor in Halo 5. It is extremely sleek looking and I’m glad 343 has created a unique entry into the series. It’s fun mixing up the way Halo games look every now and then. Continuing that trend, I’m hoping H6 continues to mix up the armor design. Variety is the spice of life!

All of your responses are great. However, Halo 6’s art style needs to strike a balance between sleek and stylish to classic and practical. Halo Wars 2’s art style shows that this method is possible. It just has to be implemented effectively in Halo 6. Do I like some armor sets that 343 made? Yes. The Raijin, Dynast, Cinder, and Achilles are my favorites by their look alone. They’re all sleek yet aggressive looking designs. The Prefect from Halo 4 is also my favorite because it has the angular Forerunner aesthetic that the original trilogy had. So, there are some great designs that 343 made. But, it’s time that they evolve.

> 2533274861849532;8:
> > 2535410648744984;3:
> > > 2533274861849532;2:
> > > I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!
> >
> > No, the visor isn’t only to see out of. It has the tracking system, health, radar, comms, vid screens, and a lot more. Visual enhancers and stuff. But While I like some of the new armours, the majority looks weird, ugly, or unrealistic.
> > Key word here: SOME
>
> No, you misinterpret me. I know you can see out of any Mjolnir helmet. I’m saying style wise the only good looking ones are those that if their visors were pure glass like a window that you could still see out of. So take infiltrator or network, you couldn’t see -Yoink- and they also look like -Yoink-, but Recon, CQC, Mk V, Centurion…these are all great helmets. Style wise.

Yes. I don’t understand the logic behind the Wetwork or even the Seeker!! How is a Spartan supposed to see and look badass in their armor without all of these pointless designs that either a) makes them look like robots or b) look alien, or c) makes them look like Potty Mouth from Codename Kids Next Door?

> 2533274895486153;17:
> > 2533274861849532;8:
> > > 2535410648744984;3:
> > > > 2533274861849532;2:
> > > > I agree. Every helmet used by Blue team, Osiris, Majestic & Noble are good Halo helmets. Ones that if the Visir was clear glass you could see out of!!! Seeker & ones like it are god awful! Every single helm from Reach worked perfectly. This new crap is awful!
> > >
> > > No, the visor isn’t only to see out of. It has the tracking system, health, radar, comms, vid screens, and a lot more. Visual enhancers and stuff. But While I like some of the new armours, the majority looks weird, ugly, or unrealistic.
> > > Key word here: SOME
> >
> > No, you misinterpret me. I know you can see out of any Mjolnir helmet. I’m saying style wise the only good looking ones are those that if their visors were pure glass like a window that you could still see out of. So take infiltrator or network, you couldn’t see -Yoink- and they also look like -Yoink-, but Recon, CQC, Mk V, Centurion…these are all great helmets. Style wise.
>
> Yes. I don’t understand the logic behind the Wetwork or even the Seeker!! How is a Spartan supposed to see and look badass in their armor without all of these pointless designs that either a) makes them look like robots or b) look alien, or c) makes them look like Potty Mouth from Codename Kids Next Door?

Agreed. The other aspect is that you want your Spartans to look Heroic & Human!!! Noble Team does, Majestic, Red & Blue Team do. No idea whats with these non-heroic Alien robot-looking helmets…