Halo 6: A Way Forward

Hello Halo Community,
I hope everyone is doing well. I recently wrote this opinion piece on Halo 6 and the areas where I would like to see the development of the game go.
If you have the time, please check it out at the link below:
http://www.playsomevideogames.com/halo-6-forging-a-path-forward/
I’d love to hear your thoughts on it!
Peace and go play some Halo!

Great Article! I couldn’t agree with you more on what you wrote. I really think your article should get much more attention from fans and 343 alike!

I’m not in an argumentative mood, but I don’t agree that one of the main problems with Halo 5’s Campaign was it’s reliance on alternative media.

I would go so far to say that Halo 5 tried too hard to ignore alternative media, as the stories leading up to Halo 5 seemed to have little impact in the end (Halo 4 anyone?).

Halo 4’s approach to narrative consolidation was to dump most of the relevant information in a single cutscene, which was obviously a bad idea.

It shouldn’t be that hard to lay the foundation and slowly inform the player of the events at large throughout the Campaign, instead of dropping it all at one or just ignoring it altogether.

I should just get over it, but I used to love how cleverly constructed Halo’s stories used to be when compared to the works of other shooters.

My only other “problem” with your piece on Halo 5 is your opinion that the great majority of players think it’s the best multiplayer yet.

If you needed evidence that a large group of players aren’t so happy with Halo 5’s multiplayer, look no further than teambeyond.net, which ironically is the crowd that 343 have pushed so hard to cater for with Halo 5’s apparent focus on “competitive” gameplay.

Despite a long list of gripes that didn’t exist prior to Halo 5, I still love the multiplayer, but I would change a lot if I could.

I hope you don’t take offence, I just like to have long conversations and I don’t agree with everything you have posted.

Excellent article! I more or less agree with most of your points.

On PvP, I agree that it is the best in the series, but with some caveats:

• Maps are simply not as fun as some of the maps in CE/2. This is painfully evident when playing the throwback playlist, no Halo 5 map is as fun as Ratrace, Damnation, or Lockout. - There must be easy access to commendations and armor unlock/upgrade systems. - Spartan Charge is a problem. Not a damning one, but definitely needs attention. - Bullet magnetism needs to decrease - Radar needs to increase.Like I said, you are right in that Halo 5 technically is the best, but it certainly lacks some replay value, which matters most. I think addressing point 1 and 2, which is not a huge deal breaker as far as game design goes, would make Halo 6 top nutz and all will agree (hopefully :))

On lore/campaign. Yes, a more destiny-like approach with rotating weekly replay missions with great variability is necessary. But the problem is, what are the rewards? Lacking a loot based system, the only thing I can think of is armors and weapon skins, and I’m not sure how that will work long-term.

I don’t think that 343i has a problem with too many story lines, and I adamantly disagree that you needed to do a lot of research to understand Halo 5, in fact I think the exact opposite. 343i seems to lack follow through on iits established storyline. I’m really hoping tthey prove me wrong in Halo 6.

Great article man, in general, it’s the best summation of my perspective as well.