Halo 6: 343...This Is Your Last Chance

After playing Halo 5 for 2 years now, I think it’s safe for me to say that Halo’s in an identity crisis, and that’s scary. The multiplayer’s great, however the campaign disappointed me. Also, Halo 5’s art design isn’t the iconic art design that we know and love. Yes, there’s lore reasons behind the change, but it has to have some callbacks to the art design that came before and carry that torch. Halo Wars 2 is giving me hope for the future, however, it’s a fleeting one at best. So, 343, this is my final straw. If Halo 6 doesn’t impress ME and everyone else, then I’m done with the Reclaimer Saga. U -Yoinked!- up with Halo 5. ROYALLY -Yoinked!- UP. This is your chance to redeem yourself. Take note from the Halo games that came before and improve on them, truly carry the torch that Bungie gave u, or don’t and let the Halo fan base suffer because of it. This is your FINAL chance 343. Don’t screw it up.

Halo 5 has only been out for a year and a few months though…

As far as the art side of things goes HW2 makes me hopeful for H6.

You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.

Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.

I’ve been reading this same post over and over again for the last fifteen months and it just never gets old. Said no one ever.

> 2533274883501878;4:
> You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
>
> Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.

You’re right, I don’t speak for the fanbase. But, I think that we can all agree that Halo 5 was a disappointment in the campaign department. I’m hoping that Halo 6 doesn’t suffer the same fate. If it does, then I’m done.

> 2533274895486153;6:
> > 2533274883501878;4:
> > You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
> >
> > Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.
>
> You’re right, I don’t speak for the fanbase. But, I think that we can all agree that Halo 5 was a disappointment in the campaign department. I’m hoping that Halo 6 doesn’t suffer the same fate. If it does, then I’m done.

I disagree. I honestly think Halo 5’s campaign did far more right than it did wrong. The story was zippy- easily the most character depth we’ve had since Reach- and it took the world in a compelling new direction. It was short, I’ll grant you that, but that was its biggest flaw by far. All else I either truly enjoyed or am willing to forgive.

> 2533274883501878;4:
> You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
>
> Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.

Boom! Seconded.

Ok. I think that I overreacted. However, I am kind of mad at how 343 is seemingly throwing out certain plot elements that they introduced in Halo 4 and I’m still pissed that the original story that was intended for Halo 5 got completely changed at the last minute. Basically, I’ve come to realize that 343 didn’t take risks in Halo 5’s development. If they stood to their guns, Halo 5 would’ve been that dark entry that we were promised. I’m sorry for that, and I just hope that Halo 6 doesn’t suffer the same fate.

> 2535427648248832;7:
> > 2533274895486153;6:
> > > 2533274883501878;4:
> > > You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
> > >
> > > Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.
> >
> > You’re right, I don’t speak for the fanbase. But, I think that we can all agree that Halo 5 was a disappointment in the campaign department. I’m hoping that Halo 6 doesn’t suffer the same fate. If it does, then I’m done.
>
> I disagree. I honestly think Halo 5’s campaign did far more right than it did wrong. The story was zippy- easily the most character depth we’ve had since Reach- and it took the world in a compelling new direction. It was short, I’ll grant you that, but that was its biggest flaw by far. All else I either truly enjoyed or am willing to forgive.

Respectfully, I disagree. There was little to no character development for Blue Team, as they barely got any screen time and they seemed like they were just thrown into the game without any explanation or backstory of previous events (excluding novels).

Fireteam Osiris did get some character development and they’re pretty interesting but overall they seem dull and almost 2D. Specifically, I really didn’t like how Buck was portrayed. Yeah, he had some fun one-liners like in Halo 3: ODST but he seemed like a crappy Spartan who could never keep up with the others and seemed almost like a new character.

Also, the way that they portrayed Spartans in combat was horrible, IMO. Master Chief and Locke fought like two drunken old men when they should be fast, agile, and be using martial arts in CQC like in Halo novels. Fireteam Osiris easily destroyed the Covenant while they were running, gunning, and smashing everything in the opening like the Avengers. It seemed like it was a comic book with superheroes instead of badass space-marines. I’m hoping that in Halo 6, Spartans are portrayed like they are in Halo Wars (or at least Blue Team, since they’re the more dominant Spartan-II’s) and seem more militaristic and grounded.

> 2535429585915411;10:
> > 2535427648248832;7:
> > > 2533274895486153;6:
> > > > 2533274883501878;4:
> > > > You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
> > > >
> > > > Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.
> > >
> > > You’re right, I don’t speak for the fanbase. But, I think that we can all agree that Halo 5 was a disappointment in the campaign department. I’m hoping that Halo 6 doesn’t suffer the same fate. If it does, then I’m done.
> >
> > I disagree. I honestly think Halo 5’s campaign did far more right than it did wrong. The story was zippy- easily the most character depth we’ve had since Reach- and it took the world in a compelling new direction. It was short, I’ll grant you that, but that was its biggest flaw by far. All else I either truly enjoyed or am willing to forgive.
>
> Respectfully, I disagree. There was little to no character development for Blue Team, as they barely got any screen time and they seemed like they were just thrown into the game without any explanation or backstory of previous events (excluding novels).
>
> Fireteam Osiris did get some character development and they’re pretty interesting but overall they seem dull and almost 2D. Specifically, I really didn’t like how Buck was portrayed. Yeah, he had some fun one-liners like in Halo 3: ODST but he seemed like a crappy Spartan who could never keep up with the others and seemed almost like a new character.
>
> Also, the way that they portrayed Spartans in combat was horrible, IMO. Master Chief and Locke fought like two drunken old men when they should be fast, agile, and be using martial arts in CQC like in Halo novels. Fireteam Osiris easily destroyed the Covenant while they were running, gunning, and smashing everything in the opening like the Avengers. It seemed like it was a comic book with superheroes instead of badass space-marines. I’m hoping that in Halo 6, Spartans are portrayed like they are in Halo Wars (or at least Blue Team, since they’re the more dominant Spartan-II’s) and seem more militaristic and grounded.

Where you see problems, I see subtlety. Buck is new to Spartan-ing, and his connections to Osiris are not as deep as they were with his fellow ODSTs. He’s older, less prone to joking around than he once was, and less certain of his path than his younger and more agile team.
Blue Team, meanwhile, needs no ham-fisted character development. They are family, and they move with ease and efficiency. They talk less than Osiris does- and that’s because they don’t need to. From Fred’s deference to Chief over his decision to go AWOL to Linda’s protective step in front of Chief when confronted by Cortana, their character is subtle. Subtle, but clearly evident if you know where to look.
Now, the fight. One of the best character interactions is in Chief’s and Locke’s fight scene. You get the clash of Spartans, a clash of worldviews, old and new. In Chief, you see a practiced fighter, one who does what they do for principle, who is willing to place everything and everyone he knows on the line because he knows he’s in the right. He’s older, though, and less limber than his adversary- the new way of things, the younger world, the Spartans who use every trick in the book and all their gadgets and technical knowledge to fight. Locke is someone who does what he does out of a sense of duty and order, and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to follow orders. Use of the thruster, targeting weak points in enemy armor, relying on the paralyzing power-up, pulling out his pistol in the end- this is a man who has the technical knowledge, but lacks the conviction of the Chief. Through strength and conviction alone, then, Chief won that fight, and he is so respected by Osiris even after this that he isn’t immediately gunned down by the rest of the team.
I get what you’re saying and I sympathize, but I can only say that I disagree right back. I think this one fight conveys more- without words- about Chief’s character and motivation than any other two Halo titles combined.

I don’t even think Halo 5’s multiplayer is that great. Take out the sprinting and the abilities, and it has potential to be pretty good. But without even one single playlist that has the nonsense disabled, that only leaves the custom game browser which was just added.

So, for me, Halo 5’s campaign is bad and its multiplayer is bad. The game has no redeeming value. Forge is great in Halo 5. But you can’t enjoy a game solely on its map editor feature.

> 2535427648248832;8:
> > 2533274883501878;4:
> > You’re putting way too much weight on your opinion. You don’t speak for the fanbase. 343 will do their best (as always) which will include fixing any issues the previous game had (like every Halo has done), and in the process will make new additions/innovations. Along with these new innovations will arise new issues which will be addressed like all of the ones that came before.
> >
> > Based on their track record, Halo 6 will at worst be a reasonably good game, and at best will blow our minds. I prefer to wait to let it speak for itself instead of doom-mongering and issuing weightless ultimatums.
>
> Boom! Seconded.

Thirded? I really think Wolf should have given suggestions on what they could do instead of saying that they need to improve. They need some proper feedback, constructive criticism, something to work with. A simple Halo 6 must do better won’t help.
(Not dissing on you, just saying there’s a better way to give input.)

> 2811398874529013;12:
> I don’t even think Halo 5’s multiplayer is that great. Take out the sprinting and the abilities, and it has potential to be pretty good. But without even one single playlist that has the nonsense disabled, that only leaves the custom game browser which was just added.
>
> So, for me, Halo 5’s campaign is bad and its multiplayer is bad. The game has no redeeming value. Forge is great in Halo 5. But you can’t enjoy a game solely on its map editor feature.

Agreed

Finally someone else gets it.

I don’t have a problem with the campaign, but that’s probably because I don’t care much for it. Halo 5 for me, where it falls, is the multiplayer. It is far too competitive, even in social playlists.

I consider myself an above average player, and in a game where everything’s ranked (yes, even the social playlists have an invisible ranking system) it’s hard to play a game where I can relax. The only game where I feel like I’m not carrying the weight of the world, is in firefight (over-exaggeration, but you get my point). To have any fun just laying back, which I like to do, I have to leave Halo 5 and go play Titanfall 2, Overwatch, Battlefield, ext. Social playlists should not have a ranking system in them, they should be social. Leave ranking to the competitive playlists.

I may be a higher then average player, but that doesn’t mean that I want to play my hardest all the time, I’m at my core, a casual player, that has been gifted with skill. Although in Halo 5, I feel like that gift is a curse.

> 2811398874529013;12:
> I don’t even think Halo 5’s multiplayer is that great. Take out the sprinting and the abilities, and it has potential to be pretty good. But without even one single playlist that has the nonsense disabled, that only leaves the custom game browser which was just added.
>
> So, for me, Halo 5’s campaign is bad and its multiplayer is bad. The game has no redeeming value. Forge is great in Halo 5. But you can’t enjoy a game solely on its map editor feature.

QFT. I’ve always been a forge guy, even had a few of my maps featured here and there over the years. Even though H5’s forge is insanely good, i just can’t find a reason to make anything in it because I just flat out don’t like Halo 5’s multiplayer. So, Halo 5’s one redeeming feature is rendered pointless by the rest of the game.

If they made a classic Halo game with a forge like H5’s and a custom game browser it’d be the GOAT.

> 2811398874529013;12:
>

I agree with this.

I love halo 5 I like both multiplayer and campaign I feel like it was one of the most in depth campaigns.

I am more a part of the original Fanbase and what can I say? For me, the Story ended with halo 3. Everything after Halo Reach us just milking cash cow. (or why are the player population so Bad in Halo 4 and in Halo 5 they’re still hidden?)