Halo 5s Time management

Well I just watched the finale of a very good machinima, and it reminded me of Halo 5. I won’t say the name of it bc spoilers, but it really shows that the time management of Halo 5 hurt it’d story telling overall. In this finale, a betrayal occurs, and what we thought would be a fight between two specific characters, was more of an internal struggle with two close characters. Now I look at Halo 5, where we are led to believe a fight between chief and Locke are about to occur, get a small scuffle, follow Locke into the ending of the Covenant civil war,and witness the most emotional part of the campaign for myself. Cortanas betrayal. While most of the campaign felt like some half hearted chase, this carried alot of feeling. 343 best knows how to do one thing, and that’s John and Cortanas relationship. Next thing I know we’re closed off of it again, to Locke and chasing chief. The next we see of chief is with Halsey silent.

Now why did people see this as a bad campaign? Many were dissapointed at the lack of actual combat between Locke and Chief, which never seemed to planned by 343, just as a show off. (BVS).I don’t see this as a bad campaign, just bad managing of its run. Locke could of had fewer missions because he’s a HUNTER. An ONI guy with a job to do. To help state this, fewer missions with a stronger message. If chief had more time with Cortana we could experience how he came to the realization Cortana isn’t doing the right thing. I’m not asking for Halo 4.5 for Chiefs side, but something like it.

In conclusion Halo 5s story, while misleading from the amazing ad campaign, could have been better if Chief had more time with cortana (which could of led to Blue Team development), and Locke having a less diluted spread out place in the campaign. Don’t get me wrong the civil war and Arbiter were yoinking awesome, Locke just needed a more solid message. Maybe Halo 5 should of been delayed until December if this had a chance(Since Forge was also released in that month)

Microsoft pushed them to release by October

> 2533274891097288;2:
> Microsoft pushed them to release by October

Source? And what of it? They had the normal 3 year development.

I really couldn’t care any less about John and Cortana’s relationship. Or Cortana herself for that matter. Wouldn’t even know where to begin describing how stupid I think all this focus on Cortana is. You could focus on the leviathan terror that is the flood, or a dying theocratic empire, or the origin of the forerunners, or…that one sidekick that never really did much except spew sassy one-liners, but she’s a female and John’s a male so instant drama.

The civil war was pretty minor and ultimately pointless. Basically just a way to shoehorn in the Arbiter for reasons of fan-service. I don’t really hold that against the game though, as to be fair everyone was asking for him to return in some form. A little fan-service here and there is okay.

Not only is I,Robot a pretty uninspired direction to suddenly take the game, it’s also nonsensical. It’s almost like the only reason Halo 4 existed was to establish who the Prometheans are, as nothing else about Halo 4 carries over into Halo 5. The Main Antagonist was introduced, barely developed, then snuffed out all within the time span of the same game. Why didn’t they just devote the entire game to building him up, leading to a confrontation in Halo 6 instead? Why suddenly have Cortana (ugh) decide out of nowhere that she wants to be ruler of skynet?

Ah yes, Chief vs Locke. The problem is that the advertising was complete bull -Yoink-. Locke hunting Chief, Chief being branded a traitor, the hunt for the truth behind these wild accusations…none of that ever happened. None of that was even close to being a main element of the game. It’s like if Halo 6 had this huge advertising Campaign about the impending return of the flood and how they must be stopped at all costs. Then you actually play Halo 6, and all that happens is in one mission a small group of Flood escape their pods on a research station, then you just kill them all and go back to business as usual. Which you know, in a vacuum, that would be an okay mission. Kind of random, but okay. When you hype it up as the main selling point of the game though…

> 2533274819302824;4:
> I really couldn’t care any less about John and Cortana’s relationship. Or Cortana herself for that matter. Wouldn’t even know where to begin describing how stupid I think all this focus on Cortana is. You could focus on the leviathan terror that is the flood, or a dying theocratic empire, or the origin of the forerunners, or…that one sidekick that never really did much except spew sassy one-liners, but she’s a female and John’s a male so instant drama.
>
> The civil war was pretty minor and ultimately pointless. Basically just a way to shoehorn in the Arbiter for reasons of fan-service. I don’t really hold that against the game though, as to be fair everyone was asking for him to return in some form. A little fan-service here and there is okay.
>
> Not only is I,Robot a pretty uninspired direction to suddenly take the game, it’s also nonsensical. It’s almost like the only reason Halo 4 existed was to establish who the Prometheans are, as nothing else about Halo 4 carries over into Halo 5. The Main Antagonist was introduced, barely developed, then snuffed out all within the time span of the same game. Why didn’t they just devote the entire game to building him up, leading to a confrontation in Halo 6 instead? Why suddenly have Cortana (ugh) decide out of nowhere that she wants to be ruler of skynet?
>
> Ah yes, Chief vs Locke. The problem is that the advertising was complete bull -Yoink-. Locke hunting Chief, Chief being branded a traitor, the hunt for the truth behind these wild accusations…none of that ever happened. None of that was even close to being a main element of the game. It’s like if Halo 6 had this huge advertising Campaign about the impending return of the flood and how they must be stopped at all costs. Then you actually play Halo 6, and all that happens is in one mission a small group of Flood escape their pods on a research station, then you just kill them all and go back to business as usual. Which you know, in a vacuum, that would be an okay mission. Kind of random, but okay. When you hype it up as the main selling point of the game though…

Dying empire? Maybe I should read the comics. Maybe Microsoft should promote the comics SO I KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DIDACT

Actually I was referring to the Covenant with that comment, but that’s another flaw. The over-reliance on outside media that these games have.