Halo 5's Story

Thought I would write a post on seeing everyone’s thoughts on what I think, will be one of the better story’s in the entire trilogy.

I personally am really excited for this story. I think that it introduces a whole new side to chief we haven’t seen before, and this whole element of him going off on his own adds endless possibilities. One thing personally I would not like to see is another hunt for cortana. I feel like we have been there already, and I feel would make the story to halo 4 not so significant. Another worry that I have could be that from what 343 has told us and shown very briefly with the Locke cut scenes in H2A, the teaser back in E3 a couple of years ago, and various other ways the story has been teased makes this out to be something huge going on and with that I hope the story doesn’t get too eratic and out of control not knowing what’s going on. Im wondering if this could be the storm covenant attacking? Where do the Prometheans fit in all this? is the didact really dead? I just believe that the story can go in so many different directions and with Locke hunting down chief, and him going off on his own mission to do who knows what, I think were in store for a great story.

Anyway, whats your guy’s thoughts/ what would you like to see in the next instalment?

I just hope Locke has more personality and voice than what we have seen so far. I mean in Nightfall and the cut scenes in particular make him feel boring and dry. No matter what though I will be buying and playing the campaign to death!

Also I hope we don’t have to do that Cortana thing like in Halo 3

I believe the term you wanted to use towards the end was erratic, not erotic ;).

But on-topic, the story has many directions it can go. A hunt for Cortana is something I hope is avoided. It just retreads what Halo 3 did and turns Cortana into a damsel in distress. I think we may see her again, but as an illusion of the Gravemind to get Chief to do something very dangerous to the galaxy. But that is just a thought.

I belive that it is his geas guiding him that has made him go awol. Or hes searching for Halsey to get infomation and to save/protect her

Also was it confirmed that the campaign would follow rpg look or was that a rumour

> 2533274816487930;5:
> Also was it confirmed that the campaign would follow rpg look or was that a rumour

That would be a rumor, but I have not heard that one.

I would like 20 missions please, it would be great!
Story aspects…
Return of the Flood, fighting with Prometheans!
Locke and the Arbiter together wooww
Jul and Halsey together WOWWW
I think Chief goes to the Ark looking for something about Cortana…

I heard if you preorder the game that there is a description that says something about earth’s outer colonies are being attacked unexpectedly and chief is missing during all this. Locke is tasked with finding chief.

As for what I want:

I want some of the outer colonies to fall to whatever the main threat is this game.

I want chief to uncover the flood somewhere remote unexpectedly.

I don’t think chief is on the ark or installation 03 because both have deserts. I think 343i is taking new approaches. Definitely not a shield world either. Maybe an actual forerunner planet

SPOILER ALERT!!! IF YOU HAVEN’T WATCHED NIGHTFALL DONT READ THIS!!!..If you watch the second stories, Axl, the yohnet, was saying that they have no idea what is coming. Sedra is an outer colony so it might fit the description of the game

Chief becoming a little more “Human”

Thel and Locke teaming up

Flood Returns

Halsey gets “Revenge” (well maybe that’s for another Spartan Ops season)

And HOPEFULLY, the Covies get armor/suits that cover more of their skin, can’t stand that.

Sedra attacked

Locke & the Arbiter team up and fly to somewhere where the covenant are (H2A bonus cutscenes) maybe a covenant home world

Chief gets the Cortana vision things like in Halo 3 -Tbh i hope not…

Blue team reunite

Hopefully the Promethians are more ‘alive’ and give more satisfaction when they’re killed

All enemy AI’s are drastically improved

Spartan abilities for Locke and maybe even chief

you get to play as Arbiter, Locke and Chief

15-25 missions

Missions as long as the Halo 4 missions

The flood return - I was thinking about this, and it’ll be really interesting to see what 343 portrays them as, because this is the first time they have ‘full’ control over how they look, and judging by the graphics in the Halo 5 beta (which isn’t even running at 1080p - the final release will though) on some maps like regret, they’re going to look terrifying.

They should wait a game or two before/if cortana comes back. Just we need more than a single game of chief without cortana. In halo 3, he at least knew where cortana was… now, she is dead, destroyed. LET HER REST A LITTLE BEFORE SHOVING HER BACK IN! As great as cortana was to have on your team, I am personally not ready for a return of cortana…

> 2533274906260756;2:
> I just hope Locke has more personality and voice than what we have seen so far. I mean in Nightfall and the cut scenes in particular make him feel boring and dry. No matter what though I will be buying and playing the campaign to death!
>
> Also I hope we don’t have to do that Cortana thing like in Halo 3

DON’T BRING BACK MY MEMORIES OF THAT MISSION!

-We get to see Sangheilios in-game for the first time.

-Locke and Arby team up (either briefly or Arbiter joins the search for Master Chief.)

-Chief is AWOL from the UNSC while acting as a man-for-hire kinda role with Blue Team

-Storm is using forerunner knowledge to attack outer colonies

-UNSC forces find a distress beacon for the Spirit of Fire. Turns out the ship had crash-landed and the Flood have survived.

-The Flood escapes and colonies come under attack.

-Chief returns to the Ark to find Mendicant Bias in order to find a way to neutralize the flood without killing all life in the galaxy. (Or to learn more about the ancient humans.)

-Chief, Blue team, Arby and Locke learn that Beamish is alive and do everything in their power to rescue him.

-Beamish uses his space mop to kill the flood.

-???

-Profit

I honestly hope Cortana from Halo 4 stays dead. Or maybe she could be an antagonist of some sort, who knows? However, I think it would be interesting to see how Chief would react to a new Cortana model. That is, of course, assuming Halsey is living.