Halo 5's Population..

Since the old population thread died off, I thought it would be better to make a new one instead of necro’ing that 45-page novel. Mods, if you feel this should be locked/moved to the population thread, well there ain’t much I can do about that lol

Halo 5 is hovering at the 15 mark on Xbox’s Most Popular Games list, constantly swapping with Battlefield 4, which usually hangs around 30k+ players during peak time on Xbox One. So it can safely be assumed that Halo 5 is hovering around 27k-33k players during peak time.

Until 343i or Microsoft decides to release the amount of copies of H5 sold, we will have to go with the next best thing, VGChartz. Before I write this, I want to point out that VGChartz can be unreliable, and I understand that. So understand that some of this could be wrong and don’t reply with “Yur stupeed VGChartz is inaccurute dood” because I AM AWARE.

With all that aside, VGChartz estimates Halo 5 has sold 3.9 million copies globally. With the current MP population give or take around 27k-33k, 3,900,000-30,000=3,870,000. We will estimate that down to 3.8 million because VGChartz can be unreliable and I don’t want to type in 3,870,000 every time.

• They left to play another game - They are playing campaign, Forge, or CustomsI think it can be safely assumed that 3.8 million people aren’t campaigning, forging or custom gaming.

Then we can turn to HaloTracker for the average Spartan Rank. While this seems irrelevant, it can help show how much time the average Halo gamer has put in. StevetheHaloGod compiled a great list of the averages in Halo 5, and this particular stat is rather depressing;

> With that being said, I would say that the most accurate definition of an average player in Halo 5 is:
>
> - SR 30-40

While I was fiddling around with HaloTracker I came up with around the same results, SR rank 30-40 is around the average rank in Halo 5. Even considering smurf accounts and people making alternate accounts, this is still very low. Based on how long this game has been out, it clearly shows that many players are either

• Only periodically playing Halo 5 - Left Halo 5 early in the ranks.It takes 1-3 days of playtime depending on which gametypes you play to get around a 30-40 Spartan Rank. That means the average playtime based on SR is 1-3 days. I would’ve used HaloTracker to find the average playtime but its lagging and buggy rn

So, while these numbers are depressing, Halo 5 has been staying consistently next to Battlefield 4 for quite awhile, which means most of those people that stayed with Halo 5 through it all hasn’t left for another game. This helps support Bravo’s claim on TeamBeyond about Halo 5’s player retention being the best apart from Halo 3.

TL:DR- Halo 5’s population, based on this data (some of which is estimated) Most of those who bought Halo 5 have left to play other games. However, the remaining multiplayer population has been staying consistently around 30k players based on its location on the Xbox One Most Popular list and Battlefield 4’s playlist population

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

Easy answer to why they all left. People bought a halo game to play halo. Left when they realized it wasn’t.

Xbox most popular list is not organized by player count.

Isn’t there a population spot in the support section? Shouldn’t this go there?

> 2535451847302956;2:
> Easy answer to why they all left. People bought a halo game to play halo. Left when the next big thing came out.

ftfy. same thing as every year. Otherwise people would have stayed or moved back to the Master Chief Collection.

> 2533275007059966;1:
> They are playing […], Forge, or Customs

Not possible. Both still require online to be functional, so those would still show up in the statistics. The XBone tracker just looks at people that are running the title at any given time, otherwise singleplayer-only games (i.e. Fallout 4, etc.) could not show up in the list.

> 2533274799135257;5:
> > 2535451847302956;2:
> > Easy answer to why they all left. People bought a halo game to play halo. Left when the next big thing came out.
>
>
> ftfy. same thing as every year. Otherwise people would have stayed or moved back to the Master Chief Collection.

Too bad the MCC is more dead than Halo 5.

We have a population megathread, feel free to continue the discussion there. Don’t have a link to hand, will edit it in

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/halo-5-population-discussion-thread/f56a5d71-6ec3-4df8-99dd-2ead7d16b5fd/posts?page=1