Halo 5's Population decreasing rapidly!

Halo 5 has already dropped down to 5th in top 10 list of games. It held 1st place for about a day. This is tragic… RIP HALO

I haven’t been able to stop playing this game personally, and you’ve got to remember we’re now going through the launches of Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 which were always going to steal players away.

You’ve also got to remember we currently only have about 50% of the game. No forge (which also means very limited custom games), Not a lot of playlists, Not a lot of REQs. All of these things are yet to come

> 2533274827731650;2:
> I haven’t been able to stop playing this game personally, and you’ve got to remember we’re now going through the launches of Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 which were always going to steal players away.
>
> You’ve also got to remember we currently only have about 50% of the game. No forge (which also means very limited custom games), Not a lot of playlists, Not a lot of REQs. All of these things are yet to come

True but how many people are going to leave before then. I do love a bit of competitive, but where is the social playlists?:frowning:

you would think they learned this lesson with halo 4 where they released a game that THEY wanted and then took months to update the game to the point of where it was reminiscent of a halo. then their massive matchmaking blunders with MCC.

now they release halo 5, that at its core is pretty good, but has a serious lack of content. no maps in arena (out of the six maps in the playlist 3 are midship variants and another is a forge map), zero big team battle, hardly any playlists at all, and no forge. you cant just release BTB, forge, and arena maps a month or two months down the line after people have already abandoned ship. its incredibly hard to get people back once you lost them. 343 has really dragged halo down severely.

i actually quite like halo 5 but i can understand why someone would leave considering the severe lack of quality AND quantity of maps, lack of beloved 0-50 ranking system (how did they not learn this with halo 4 is bewildering to me), and lack of BTB and forge

> 2564773180660216;4:
> you would think they learned this lesson with halo 4 where they released a game that THEY wanted and then took months to update the game to the point of where it was reminiscent of a halo. then their massive matchmaking blunders with MCC.
>
> now they release halo 5, that at its core is pretty good, but has a serious lack of content. no maps in arena (out of the six maps in the playlist 3 are midship variants and another is a forge map), zero big team battle, hardly any playlists at all, and no forge. you cant just release BTB, forge, and arena maps a month or two months down the line after people have already abandoned ship. its incredibly hard to get people back once you lost them. 343 has really dragged halo down severely.

Totally agree, don’t know why the heads at 343 don’t understand this. Maybe they don’t care cause they have already hit their profit margins

I like the game but the leavers in slayer and other matching making games is getting out of hand. It’s a shame as I don’t have any faith in them addressing this issue by punishing people etc.

> 2533274845786004;1:
> Halo 5 has already dropped down to 5th in top 10 list of games. It held 1st place for about a day. This is tragic… RIP HALO

Can you give me a link? I’ve been looking for the weekly top 10 live games since Major Nelson stopped posting it.

Yes, it is a shame but it is what it is and I know I will still play the game and so will many others. There will be no trouble finding a game though so I’m sure if I’m bothered by it. Also, “R.I.P Halo” is a bit of an exaggeration.

With all the new games coming out, yeah, its going to happen. However, I don’t think it will be the end of Halo. when the Forge update comes around, people will be coming back. Everyone wants to try this new forge system and get back into true custom gaming.

Two of the three major fall release dominoes have dropped in CoDBO3, FO4, and coming next is SW Battlefront which will do damage as well. I have been sucked into FO4 and once Battlefront hits I’ll be pulled in too many directions at once.

> 2533274845786004;3:
> > 2533274827731650;2:
> > I haven’t been able to stop playing this game personally, and you’ve got to remember we’re now going through the launches of Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 which were always going to steal players away.
> >
> > You’ve also got to remember we currently only have about 50% of the game. No forge (which also means very limited custom games), Not a lot of playlists, Not a lot of REQs. All of these things are yet to come
>
>
> True but how many people are going to leave before then. I do love a bit of competitive, but where is the social playlists?:frowning:

That’s the main error 343 made with this game in my opinion, not releasing enough content at launch. But this stuff will come and when it does players will come back. The actual gameplay in Halo 5 is veeeeeery fun to me, especially after the mess that was Halo 4 and MCC. They’ve just gotta make sure they don’t let the game stagnate too much

> 2533274870585256;7:
> > 2533274845786004;1:
> > Halo 5 has already dropped down to 5th in top 10 list of games. It held 1st place for about a day. This is tragic… RIP HALO
>
>
> Can you give me a link? I’ve been looking for the weekly top 10 live games since Major Nelson stopped posting it.

> 2533274870585256;7:
> > 2533274845786004;1:
> > Halo 5 has already dropped down to 5th in top 10 list of games. It held 1st place for about a day. This is tragic… RIP HALO
>
>
> Can you give me a link? I’ve been looking for the weekly top 10 live games since Major Nelson stopped posting it.

I viewed on the Xbox live dashboard mate sorry.

Sorry but a lot of players won’t be coming back. They needed to make a great impression and 343/MS blew it.

If I can still find a game no problem then I don’t care about the population. I won’t care how many people are playing until I can’t find a game. And that won’t happen so don’t act like its the end of the world that’s its currently at 5th.

Call of Nooby just came out and it’s cleaning up Halos servers. This is a good thing. We don’t want those people anyway

I like that you assume that just because it’s not the #1 played game right now, that all of a sudden it’s dead. Idk about you but the 5th most played game right now sounds a hell of a lot better than what you’re making it out to be. Considering the new games that have come out like BO3, Fallout4, I’m not surprised that it didn’t stay at #1 or #2.

Thats is just how the game industry works. You think that any gears of war title stayed at #1 after all the other games that released after it came out? Stop just assuming that because it’s not the top 3 game played, that’s it’s a colossal failure.

> 2535436147433909;13:
> Sorry but a lot of players won’t be coming back. They needed to make a great impression and 343/MS blew it.

How have they blown it? The game itself plays brilliantly, the problem is a lack of content which can be fixed easily by, shockingly, adding more content

> 2535436147433909;13:
> Sorry but a lot of players won’t be coming back. They needed to make a great impression and 343/MS blew it.

And you know this as a fact because…

> 2533274845786004;3:
> > 2533274827731650;2:
> > I haven’t been able to stop playing this game personally, and you’ve got to remember we’re now going through the launches of Fallout 4 and Black Ops 3 which were always going to steal players away.
> >
> > You’ve also got to remember we currently only have about 50% of the game. No forge (which also means very limited custom games), Not a lot of playlists, Not a lot of REQs. All of these things are yet to come
>
>
> True but how many people are going to leave before then. I do love a bit of competitive, but where is the social playlists?:frowning:

Also add Star Wars BF to the list on Tue and more players will bail on Halo 5. There are just too many things that are broken or missing in Halo 5 for it to be sustainable. This will be my last one and I’ve played them all.

oh teh noes popyoolayshuns r decreesin! thats never happened b4

Really though, it happens every game. In the history of ever.