Halo 5's multiplayer will drop like flies.....

… if it doesnt fix its issues and heres why. The main issue is the OP pistol. hear me out.

Halo 3’s was widely popular because it appealed to people who liked to be competitive but didnt necessarily have to rely on their perfect aim. Everybody started with an Assault Rifle and an ineffective pistol. People didnt have to worry about people spawning and being shot across the map. They only had to worry about the few people who are still alive with power weapons and the BR. Now a whole team in Halo 5 that has spawned can be shooting you across the map and quickly destroy you.

The general people liked their chances with the AR in Halo 3. Their mind were at ease knowing they werent gonna get destroyed from across the map 24/7. Halo 3’s generous aim assist and medium range AR meant there were epic fights for power weapons. People who spawned couldnt effect theses moments until they got to the action themselves.
When enemy players get BR, it wasnt the end of the world because it was never really the whole team with BR’s. Plus once you killed them, it was seen as a small victory for your team and kept the game FUN for all types of players.

Just my thoughts anyway.

I fixed the title…lol

You’re re-writing the history.

BR starts saved H2 and H3 matchmaking, Bungie themselves acknowledged that SMG/AR starts played like -Yoink- (H2).

I like the pistol.

Only because its OP.
Gotcha :wink:

Really? Because nobody liked that and Everything turned into BR starts. The pistol is nowhere as bad as the Halo: CE pistol with its 3 Shot kill .9 sec kill time.

The AR pistol combo is good. I’m able to swap between both to effectively engage targets at any range, but not completely dominate unless I’m going against unskilled players.

I always ditch the Pistol for the BR or DMR if I run across them and able to beat pistol players with them.

The pistol is a pure utility weapon that rewards skill. But it can be easily beaten by playing smart and tactical like any halo game. I don’t feel completely over dominated by it like I did in Halo 2-4 where everything evolved around the BR. The pistol just feels nowhere near as over pressuring and it’s fun.

I strongly dislike Halo 3’s Multiplayer. BTB was a gruellingly slow, and visually boring mess.

Most of the weapons in H3 compared to the BR were garbage.

Weapon combinations were a case of rock paper scissors and only worked within close-ish to super close range.

The AR was an annoyingly poor weapon, and all It lead to was people running in, meleeing then getting shot and melee’d themselves, then that guy got shot and melee’d then the 1 smart person just threw grenades, till they got AR’d and Melee’d. H3 is overrated, good at the time, but I would never want to go back to that for the next game.

I agree to an extent. The range on it is ridiculous which can make spawn trapping a real nightmare to deal with, and as a primarily Team SWAT so matches end up making you want to rage quit. I usually use the pistol the most because I don’t know where the weapon spawns are yet and the AR can be a waste of a weapon slot, only to be used as a last resort. Obviously the game hasn’t been out long so the power balance is always going to be off. What guns do you usually use and what was the like in the beta?

> 2533274803137071;5:
> Really? Because nobody liked that and Everything turned into BR starts. The pistol is nowhere as bad as the Halo: CE pistol with its 3 Shot kill .9 sec kill time.
>
> The AR pistol combo is good. I’m able to swap between both to effectively engage targets at any range, but not completely dominate unless I’m going against unskilled players.
>
> I always ditch the Pistol for the BR or DMR if I run across them and able to beat pistol players with them.
>
> The pistol is a pure utility weapon that rewards skill. But it can be easily beaten by playing smart and tactical like any halo game. I don’t feel completely over dominated by it like I did in Halo 2-4 where everything evolved around the BR. The pistol just feels nowhere near as over pressuring and it’s fun.

lol why cant I rememeber BR starts in halo 3. I think its probably because it wasnt as effective as it is now in halo 4/5. I only really remember AR/pistol starts.

> 2533274835129799;7:
> I agree to an extent. The range on it is ridiculous which can make spawn trapping a real nightmare to deal with, and as a primarily Team SWAT so matches end up making you want to rage quit. I usually use the pistol the most because I don’t know where the weapon spawns are yet and the AR can be a waste of a weapon slot, only to be used as a last resort. Obviously the game hasn’t been out long so the power balance is always going to be off. What guns do you usually use and what was the like in the beta?

In the beta, the pistol was still a little OP but I dont remember it being annoying as it is now. The beta’s pistol felt a bit more short range and a bit harder to land head shots. The only real issues I had in the beta was lighting and the spawn times that were way too quick.

Ha except when one team gets the brs and dmrs they will have nothing to defend themselves with other than a garbage ar.

Do you really think that people will leave the MP of a game because of an overpowered sidearm.
Nobody is getting 99% of their kills with just the pistol.
I haven’t gone through a single match and said “Wow! I got killed a lot with the pistol”

Aiming was a lot better in the beta too. Something feels off atm.

> 2743710844422774;10:
> Ha except when one team gets the brs and dmrs they will have nothing to defend themselves with other than a garbage ar.

But when you take them down, they no longer have them…theres always grenades. and if you let the whole team have the br’s and dmr’s you have no one else to blame.

I actually think the addition of smart link makes the AR a much more viable gun in mp, not saying its as good as a br or dmr, but that’s why those are weapons you need to pick up, control the map like old school halo days.

Assault Rifle/Pistol spawns are much better than BR spawns as it prevents the old Halo 2 problem of teams just sitting in their bases firing across the map at each other. You can still do it of course but it is way more effective to actually play properly with the pistol. Having to actually go and grab a BR or DMR creates conflict and movement on the map.

In Warzone getting killed in one base from another is a problem sometimes but it happens due to the BR not the pistol. You nerf the pistol and the game will only be about the battle rifle.

> 2533274813502083;11:
> Do you really think that people will leave the MP of a game because of an overpowered sidearm.
> Nobody is getting 99% of their kills with just the pistol.
> I haven’t gone through a single match and said “Wow! I got killed a lot with the pistol”

That’s surprising. I seriously dislike that just because I’m not good with the pistol I get screwed over every match. So many people ONLY use the pistol and don’t use the AR.

Drop like flies? Not bloody likely

First off, the default AR/Pistol setup is brilliant. Both are viable OPTIONS, yet BR’s, DMR’s, Light Rifles and Carbines still have their advantages. Weapon balancing is just solid, overall

Second, Warzone and Arena offer two very different experiences. Plus once Forge and Big Team modes are introduced in December there will be a whole new infusion of freshness and variety added in. Frankly I think they should have been there at launch. But Warzone and Arena are excellent, so I can wait

Third, and certainly not least, the game is running butter smooth and the servers are performing damn near perfectly, right out of the gate

Halo 5 MP is not going anywhere, pal

They could easily make a BR slayer or some kind of Br playlist.

> 2533274821339472;1:
> Halo 3’s was widely popular because it appealed to people who liked to be competitive but didnt necessarily have to rely on their perfect aim. Everybody started with an Assault Rifle and an ineffective pistol. People didnt have to worry about people spawning and being shot across the map. They only had to worry about the few people who are still alive with power weapons and the BR. Now a whole team in Halo 5 that has spawned can be shooting you across the map and quickly destroy you.

I actually like the way Halo 2 was where you start with the BR and an ineffective pistol. At least you started with one good weapon. If you start with the AR and the Halo 2/3 pistol, then you start with two crappy weapons which gives the advantage to whoever can get to the weapon spawns first. And there aren’t enough for everybody, which can make it too imbalanced. So I actually like the weapon starts in Halo 5 just the way it is because it’s more like Halo 2, and makes it more balanced I think.

The worst playlist of all is in the Halo MCC where you start with the SMG and an ineffective pistol. Talk about imbalanced and unfair when other players get the two only BR’s on the entire map and wreck house.

> 2533275032139685;17:
> Dry up? Not bloody likely
>
> First off, the default AR/Pistol setup is brilliant. Both are viable OPTIONS, yet BR’s, DMR’s, Light Rifles and Carbines still have their advantages. Weapon balancing is just solid, overall
>
> Second, Warzone and Arena offer two very different experiences. Plus once Forge and Big Team modes are introduced in December there will be a whole new infusion of freshness and variety added in. Frankly I think they should have been there at launch. But Warzone and Arena are excellent, so I can wait
>
> Third, the game is running butter smooth and the servers are performing damn near perfectly, right out of the gate
>
> Halo 5 MP is not going anywhere, pal

perhaps, but the only way im touching arena again is if ive heard the pistol has been nerfed a bit.