Halo 5s mission design is so dam good

the story may not be the best but the mission design and settings are the best in the series hands down. From human structures to desert, jungle, covenant, snow. They nailed it. I hope halo 6 has better story but keeps missions structures the same.

> 2533274800273892;1:
> the story may not be the best but the mission design and settings are the best in the series hands down. From human structures to desert, jungle, covenant, snow. They nailed it. I hope halo 6 has better story but keeps missions structures the same.

I agree, I was about to post the same thing!

They really are (especially sanghelios) and I hope the missions are longer in 6 too. I also hope theres no missions of you just walking around

What in the world are you talking about? Mission structure? The part where you fight little 2D paper Prometheans and duck in and out of cover just like COD? The structure that has totally moved away from the Halo franchise core of gunplay, melee, grenade? H5 has some of the best multiplayer, but you have to be trollling. The mission design was trash. This is the only Halo campaign that I played once and have not touched again. And you will find that everywhere.

I said level or mission structure not enemies or gameplay. You must be trolling.

> 2533274800273892;5:
> I said level or mission structure not enemies or gameplay. You must be trolling.

Mission structure and design is what you said. That directly relates to gameplay. -Yoink-. Learn to write. Did you mean the literal graphical settings? Which don’t mean anything in the end if everything else sucks. Obviously you don’t know what you are even trying to say or you would know how these things are related. Oh well, yet another “Oh its shiny, so good, buy req pack, yay!” person.

I thought most of it was kind of dull.

Cause the chief is barely in the game at one point near the end playing chief I see my team and I’m like who the heck are those guys even though I had a mission with them before.

Mission design does not relate straight to gameplay. But don’t worry I remember when I was 5 also.

> 2533274874023152;6:
> > 2533274800273892;5:
> > I said level or mission structure not enemies or gameplay. You must be trolling.
>
>
> Mission structure and design is what you said. That directly relates to gameplay. -Yoink-. Learn to write. Did you mean the literal graphical settings? Which don’t mean anything in the end if everything else sucks. Obviously you don’t know what you are even trying to say or you would know how these things are related. Oh well, yet another “Oh its shiny, so good, buy req pack, yay!” person.

So because the game plays bad means we shouldn’t say 343 is doing good on the art design of the game? Well -Yoink-, why not add h2 and reach to it?

Just stop with the B.S man

Anyway he clearly seen in my post say desert, snow, covenant all the settings were incredible. So he knew what I was talking about and yet still argues. I guess people have nothing to do like this guy. What a sad life u must live.

Sure some of the graphical renderings look nice, the overall mission design- as in the way the mission is directed towards players to play the game- that is subpar for a halo game. Far too linear for my taste, but I will not deny the graphics are nice, art design looks a little silly imo.

> 2533274808669104;11:
> Sure some of the graphical renderings look nice, the overall mission design- as in the way the mission is directed towards players to play the game- that is subpar for a halo game. Far too linear for my taste, but I will not deny the graphics are nice, art design looks a little silly imo.

Linear? Sure the battles are always the same battles, but there’s like 5 different ways to enter every room. This is very similar to the first Halo where depending on where you went, you could go through the same battle in a mission 2-4 different ways.

I agree, though the story wasn’t great, the level design, and pacing was awesome. I personally really liked the sound track too.

> 2533274800273892;10:
> Anyway he clearly seen in my post say desert, snow, covenant all the settings were incredible. So he knew what I was talking about and yet still argues. I guess people have nothing to do like this guy. What a sad life u must live.

Try and ignore trolls, they get bored and go away when no one pays them attention.

I agree the mission design was very good. I really like how there’s several ways to tackle the major encounters. There are walls to smash through to access different routes and vantage points, there are vents to ground pound through to access armories, there are teammates to command - sending them one side to distract the AI etc.

I also love the artwork - Sanghelios was particularly good and I loved the mission where you descend down a Guardian using magnetic boots, that was very well done.

I did find some encounters becoming a bit repetitive though, e.g. there’s one major encounter where wave upon wave of crawlers keep spawning in (every time you kill a soldier).

Anyway, nice to see some positivity on here :slight_smile:

> 2614366390849210;12:
> > 2533274808669104;11:
> >
>
>
> Linear? Sure the battles are always the same battles, but there’s like 5 different ways to enter every room. This is very similar to the first Halo where depending on where you went, you could go through the same battle in a mission 2-4 different ways.

Not really.

Overall I’m dissatisfied with it but it is easily the best campaign visually, but It’s only the second Halo campaign I didn’t play twice. In terms of gameplay, if the campaign in Halo 6 can compare to the one in Halo Reach I’ll be happy.

I liked the campaign, Sanghelios was awesome. It’s just the story I was not keen on.

I would like 343 to take us back to an actual Halo ring though for Halo 6 and maybe on board a Covenent Ship. I always loved those missions.
And more Master Chief and Blue Team would be nice.

> 2533274799153651;16:
> I liked the campaign, Sanghelios was awesome. It’s just the story I was not keen on.
>
> I would like 343 to take us back to an actual Halo ring though for Halo 6 and maybe on board a Covenent Ship. I always loved those missions.
> And more Master Chief and Blue Team would be nice.

I agree with all these requests :slight_smile:

Misson design was dumb it all
just felt like a bunch of hallways and very linear level design maybe the worst of the series. Sanghelios was the only cool place to go to and it still felt like a closed off videogame level not the wide open spaces of previous Halo missions. That’s not even including how much of a bore the bullet sponge promeathans are as a enemy.
Genesis was a grose looking swamp with all the brown and flat textures. Meridian was boring grey everywhere.

> 2533274846901268;18:
> Misson design was dumb it all
> just felt like a bunch of hallways and very linear level design maybe the worst of the series. Sanghelios was the only cool place to go to and it still felt like a closed off videogame level not the wide open spaces of previous Halo missions.

Halo has never exactly been a game where you can go wherever you want, barring the few areas of a mission here and there halo has always been a corridor game.

lol no