Halo 5's Menu and UI need to be redone completely

Let’s be honest, the Menu system and UI are horrible in Halo 5. Don’t get me wrong, I love halo 5, gameplay-wise. But we need a proper menu. As of now, Halo 5 does not encourage communication and socializing in general, which has been a huge part of Halo’s success in the past. As of now, when you select a game mode, you search for a game, and then load into it. That’s absolutely pathetic. There’s no voting, no viewing the players in your lobby and/or team, and worst of, NO VOTING SYSTEM. So basically, you can’t do anything but wait for the game to load. You can’t vote for your favorite map, you can’t see other players cool armor, show off your own, or even check stats of other players UNTIL THE GAME ENDS. Let’s be honest, who checked out other players Spartans after a game in any other halo? I know I would always check out other Spartans BEFORE the game as something to do before the game. I don’t care if it takes longer for the game to start. I LOVE the social aspect of halo. And as of now, it’s non existent. 343, please do your fans a service and add a proper menu, UI, and voting system. And make it like Halo Reach’s. Not halo 4’s, as that menu was ugly and not deep enough. This is the biggest need in halo 5, in my opinion. Far more important than adding -Yoink!- REQS into the game that I’ll probably never get. Stop wasting your time on Warzone, It’s already complete. Your menu, one of the most parts of the game, is not and looks like -Yoink-. Thanks for reading.
BUMP IF YOU AGREE

Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.

> 2533274827113670;2:
> Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.

Basically like the Halo 3 veto system? Press x to vote chooses a random map again? I can agree at that point :slight_smile:

> 2533274827113670;2:
> Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.
>
>
> > 2533274811911963;3:
> > > 2533274827113670;2:
> > > Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.
> >
> >
> > Basically like the Halo 3 veto system? Press x to vote chooses a random map again? I can agree at that point :slight_smile:
>
> lol

> 2533274827113670;2:
> Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.

How about a complex system where you can vote for one map and veto another?

> 2535448834239265;5:
> > 2533274827113670;2:
> > Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.
>
>
> How about a complex system where you can vote for one map and veto another?

I think just a veto option is better

> 2535424465548988;6:
> > 2535448834239265;5:
> > > 2533274827113670;2:
> > > Couldn’t agree more. I don’t mind that there’s no vote system because you usually end up only playing about 3 maps but I wish there was a veto system to keep us from playing the same map 4x in a row.
> >
> >
> > How about a complex system where you can vote for one map and veto another?
>
>
> I think just a veto option is better

Yeah, just an idea

It will never happen… because it was old good halo and you cannot have any of it in the new ones… no matter how much it improves the current game…

I’m sure 343 could work on a way to bring the veto back, thing is that i have the feeling they won’t. The veto would be a good way to at least try to avoid maps that are overplayed

> 2533274829725522;9:
> I’m sure 343 could work on a way to bring the veto back, thing is that i have the feeling they won’t. The veto would be a good way to at least try to avoid maps that are overplayed

I hope they do.

> 2567453894731895;8:
> It will never happen… because it was old good halo and you cannot have any of it in the new ones… no matter how much it improves the current game…

We will see. Voting systems are in plenty of other FPS games and 343 LOVES to add ideas from other games into Halo, so why not? Lol

> 2535448834239265;11:
> > 2567453894731895;8:
> > It will never happen… because it was old good halo and you cannot have any of it in the new ones… no matter how much it improves the current game…
>
>
> We will see. Voting systems are in plenty of other FPS games and 343 LOVES to add ideas from other games into Halo, so why not? Lol

Yes we will see lol

> 2535448834239265;1:
> Let’s be honest, the Menu system and UI are horrible in Halo 5. Don’t get me wrong, I love halo 5, gameplay-wise. But we need a proper menu. As of now, Halo 5 does not encourage communication and socializing in general, which has been a huge part of Halo’s success in the past. As of now, when you select a game mode, you search for a game, and then load into it. That’s absolutely pathetic. There’s no voting, no viewing the players in your lobby and/or team, and worst of, NO VOTING SYSTEM. So basically, you can’t do anything but wait for the game to load. You can’t vote for your favorite map, you can’t see other players cool armor, show off your own, or even check stats of other players UNTIL THE GAME ENDS. Let’s be honest, who checked out other players Spartans after a game in any other halo? I know I would always check out other Spartans BEFORE the game as something to do before the game. I don’t care if it takes longer for the game to start. I LOVE the social aspect of halo. And as of now, it’s non existent. 343, please do your fans a service and add a proper menu, UI, and voting system. And make it like Halo Reach’s. Not halo 4’s, as that menu was ugly and not deep enough. This is the biggest need in halo 5, in my opinion. Far more important than adding -Yoink!- REQS into the game that I’ll probably never get. Stop wasting your time on Warzone, It’s already complete. Your menu, one of the most parts of the game, is not and looks like -Yoink-. Thanks for reading.
> BUMP IF YOU AGREE

Absolutely. Reach’ s AI was easily one of its biggest strengths. Miss scoping out enemy spartans and comparing armor. Also liked seeing if I was going to face a clan or not.

I think the main menu is great because it’s simple. The pre-game lobby should show player armors and stats in social game modes, Forge and Custom Games.

The reason I remember seeing on why they removed viewing player stats pre-game is because of intimidated leaves. I thought that was crazy at first, but now with Achilles armor, I finally understand.

agree, did anyone has seen the early UI concepts, they were insane!!, how the hell they ended in the ugly UI we have now

https://youtu.be/gRWyyIgjteE

I kind of like not being able to see who exactly I’m matching. Avoids those “Oh this guy is champion 1, I think I’ll dashboard now.” moments.

I agree with you on the voting system; I don’t like how it was completely scrapped.

I loved first concepts of the menu, the one in the beta for example. Was SO fitting for the multiplayer.

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2758931-halo5menu.jpg

Or all the concepts for menu and UI are actually so much better visually…

http://escapethelevel.com/art/artist-series/halo-5-ui-concepts-by-ramiro-galan-43/

Even if I think the menu is nice and all, these all are so much better.

> 2533274971171822;18:
> I loved first concepts of the menu, the one in the beta for example. Was SO fitting for the multiplayer.
>
> http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2758931-halo5menu.jpghttp://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/2758931-halo5menu.jpg

I agree. That UI was amazing.

> 2533274859620752;17:
> I agree with you on the voting system; I don’t like how it was completely scrapped.

It’s kind of odd that they wouldn’t bring it to H5.