Halo 5's launch playlists are a bit disappointing

Today 343 announced the Day One playlists for Halo 5 Multiplayer and they are a bit disappointing. For starters, some of the names have been changed which is kinda weird. Rumble/Lone Wolves is now called Free for All (which is a very generic gamemode name like COD). But besides the names of some of the playlists, they really seem to lack variety.

These are the playlists at launch:

• Warzone
  • Warzone Assault

Arena:

• Team Arena (Breakout, Slayer, CTF, Strongholds)
  • Slayer (should have been called Team Slayer)
  • Breakout
  • Free-for-All (should have been called Rumble or Slayer) (what happened to Regicide?)
  • SWAT (SWAT and SWAGNUMS)
  • Rotational Weekend Playlist

So there is no BTB and no Team Action Sack or Infection playlist at launch. BTB is obvious and I can understand Team Action Sack not being available because players need forge to create the right type of gamemodes for the playlist but Infection could have easily been added for the regular maps.
Besides the naming of the gamemodes (which should have the classic names), there is also a lack of variety in playlists. I would like to show 343 my idea for a good set of launch playlists keeping in mind the lack of Forge and BTB at launch for Arena:

• Team Slayer (Team Slayer AR, Team Slayer BR, Team DMR)
  • Team Objective (Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball, Strongholds)
  • Team Doubles (2v2 Team Slayer, Capture the Flag and King of the Hill)
  • Breakout (Normal Breakout)
  • Slayer (Free-for-All, Regicide FFA)
  • Infection
  • SWAT (SWAT BR, SWAT DMR, SWAGNUMS)
  • Rotational Weekend Playlist

The playlist selection I showed above offers a lot more variety in the content that the playlists offer and offers more variety in the gamemodes in each playlist keeping things a lot more interesting and fun for a much longer time.
Please make sure 343 hears your concerns about the playlists so they will implement changes to them sooner rather later.

So if you want to play Team Arena, you have breakout in the rotation? NO THANKS! Slayer it is!
I strongly dislike BTB, but to force that population to try out Warzone…come on man… Just let people play what they want. If they don’t like your new “ultimate chaos and fun mode” then they shouldnt be forced to play it because its the only similar option.

There’s going to be a huge population launch week. So for them to say they grouped the playlists for increased MM speed and player count is just silly. Maybe after a few months when the population dwindles but it will be fine at launch.

sigh

Yes the new playlist’s are pretty disappointing. I’m surprised Griffball isn’t there or Infection, the new Breakout mode seems pretty bad, rather have more objective based games.

Bummer that there’s no dedicated objective playlist or any form of doubles at all. Hopefully 343 gets on that posthaste.

I have feeling after i beat the campaign (Normal/Legendary) and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.

Well, if disappointed, then cancel the preorder and move on to something else. It’s your money, spend it on items that make you happy.

> 2533274872459107;6:
> I have feeling after i beat the campaign and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.

Because! Halo 5 has this awesome new mode called Warzone. Its everything every halo fan has ever wanted! Its so awesome that theres explosions 24/7, nonstop action, cool reskinned guns and loads of fun! Everyones going to love it so much that they wont want to play anything else! -___- /sarcasm

They’re putting too much faith that only warzone and arena will satisfy so many different populations.

Btb they already mentioned is coming after launch because they’re making maps just for it. Regicede was a awful game mode. I believe social playlist needs to be permanent, kind of pissed that they put in the awful swat but no team snipers I mean really?

Guess I’m confused about something, isn’t team arena just a category like reaches evolved playlist where you click that and then click an individual game mode in that category?

Won’t the rotation just rotate maps for that specific game mode like team slayer?

As expected though halo launch playlist are always lacking…

> 2701489597929026;8:
> > 2533274872459107;6:
> > I have feeling after i beat the campaign and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.
>
>
> Because! Halo 5 has this awesome new mode called Warzone. Its everything every halo fan has ever wanted! Its so awesome that theres explosions 24/7, nonstop action, cool reskinned guns and loads of fun! Everyones going to love it so much that they wont want to play anything else! -___- /sarcasm
>
> They’re putting too much faith that only warzone and arena will satisfy so many different populations.

OMG THATS SO COOL IM GOOTTTTTTA TELL AL MY FRIENDS DIS ISZ AMAZIN I LUV XPLOZIONZ ND RESKINNED GUNS LIKE DE3TINY ND MICHAL BEYYYYYYYYY YEAH COM ON YEAH UHHHH 343I MICHEAL BEY PLZ GIVE ME DAT XPLOZIONZ ND WARZ0NEZ ND MLGZ ESPORTZ PROZ AR3NA MOUNINT DEWWWWW /s

343i needs to get their -Yoink- together when it comes to supporting social gametypes and other important parts of the community instead of focusing on trying to be the next big esports advanced warfare game.

> 2533274872459107;6:
> I have feeling after i beat the campaign (Normal/Legendary) and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.

I like Guardians, and still am interested in it, but lately I feel like they shooting themselves in the foot over dumb things. Armor and emblem customization nerfed, it’s 2015, who wants preset limitations? Earning all Armor through Reqs for just by playing the game, Helioskrill isn’t even special anymore, it’s all random. BTB and Forge for sound reasons, but still add to the cause. The playlists are weak and boring.

> 2533274821174589;11:
> > 2533274872459107;6:
> > I have feeling after i beat the campaign (Normal/Legendary) and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.
>
>
> I like Guardians, and still am interested in it, but lately I feel like they shooting themselves in the foot over dumb things. Armor and emblem customization nerfed, it’s 2015, who wants preset limitations? Earning all Armor through Reqs for just by playing the game, Helioskrill isn’t even special anymore, it’s all random. BTB and Forge for sound reasons, but still add to the cause. The playlists are weak and boring.

Me because i prefer 175 unique Amors which stick together more than 30 Pieces which looks stupid when mixed, but hey - you seems to be god and can speak for everyone. Also - 343i wouldn’t have to delay BTB if some People would be more open minded and only judge AFTER they played the mode, but yeah - better to have an big mouth…

And before this stupid argument: “Mimimi 343 White Knight mimimi” comes up.
I would say that even if it bungie or any other kind of dev.team! If i would create a new Mode and most people judge beforehand, because i made that mode and a lots of purists have this attitude “Everything NEW is BAD” - i would do the same.

#Topic: I’m actually happy with the Playlist, i mean i hope they will add more over the Months, but the most important ones for halo 5 they did add for me. Breakout, Slayer and Team Arena. And Social Weekends Playlists i find cool, because its something i looking forward to every week.

Free-for-All should be called Rumble Pit!

They want to give Warzone a fair shot at this. Don’t be so dissapointed, it’ll all come around. If anything, be pumped the game is coming out!

> 2701489597929026;8:
> > 2533274872459107;6:
> > I have feeling after i beat the campaign and play a few days of Arena/Warzone, I’m going to get bored with H5 very quickly. Especially without fun playlists like Infection or BTB or even proper Custom Games (pretty much no vehicles in CG’s until the BTB/Forge maps come out…). Why can’t we have a Halo game like Reach in terms of functionality’s and options.
>
>
> Because! Halo 5 has this awesome new mode called Warzone. Its everything every halo fan has ever wanted! Its so awesome that theres explosions 24/7, nonstop action, cool reskinned guns and loads of fun! Everyones going to love it so much that they wont want to play anything else! -___- /sarcasm
>
> They’re putting too much faith that only warzone and arena will satisfy so many different populations.

More like putting too much stock, amirite? Because, you know, they want people to buy req packs and to that end are doing everything they can to push warzone.

Thank you, thank you, I’ll be here all day.

> 2533274854999879;1:
> Today 343 announced the Day One playlists for Halo 5 Multiplayer and they are a bit disappointing. For starters, some of the names have been changed which is kinda weird. Rumble/Lone Wolves is now called Free for All (which is a very generic gamemode name like COD). But besides the names of some of the playlists, they really seem to lack variety.
>
> These are the playlists at launch:
>
> - Warzone
> - Warzone Assault
>
> Arena:
>
> - Team Arena (Breakout, Slayer, CTF, Strongholds)
> - Slayer (should have been called Team Slayer)
> - Breakout
> - Free-for-All (should have been called Rumble or Slayer) (what happened to Regicide?)
> - SWAT (SWAT and SWAGNUMS)
> - Rotational Weekend Playlist
>
> So there is no BTB and no Team Action Sack or Infection playlist at launch. BTB is obvious and I can understand Team Action Sack not being available because players need forge to create the right type of gamemodes for the playlist but Infection could have easily been added for the regular maps.
> Besides the naming of the gamemodes (which should have the classic names), there is also a lack of variety in playlists. I would like to show 343 my idea for a good set of launch playlists keeping in mind the lack of Forge and BTB at launch for Arena:
>
> - Team Slayer (Team Slayer AR, Team Slayer BR, Team DMR)
> - Team Objective (Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball, Strongholds)
> - Team Doubles (2v2 Team Slayer, Capture the Flag and King of the Hill)
> - Breakout (Normal Breakout)
> - Slayer (Free-for-All, Regicide FFA)
> - Infection
> - SWAT (SWAT BR, SWAT DMR, SWAGNUMS)
> - Rotational Weekend Playlist
>
> The playlist selection I showed above offers a lot more variety in the content that the playlists offer and offers more variety in the gamemodes in each playlist keeping things a lot more interesting and fun for a much longer time.
> Please make sure 343 hears your concerns about the playlists so they will implement changes to them sooner rather later.

I will agree that Team Doubles should be there, but Josh Holmes said in another thread that it will be added later. As for all the other playlists I think they are great. Also your comment about how Free For All: “which is a very generic gamemode name like COD.”
It’s a name that fits the playlist description perfectly. How is it like CoD, because they have an FFA playlist? lol wut?

free-for-all
noun

• **a disorganized or unrestricted situation or event in which everyone may take part, especially a fight, discussion, or trading market.**I have no comments on Infection or Grifball because I don’t play them, therefore I don’t care.

Yeah this is extremely disappointing, no one flag, oddball, ricochet, king of the hill, multi team, extraction, btb, and a long shot, invasion. They also don’t have a lot of the social playlists like action sack, infection, griffball ect, not that these affect me but it affects a lot of people out there. 343 just continues to shoot themselves in the foot.

It’s starting to get a bit annoying to me how developers are starting to delay base content till after launch, the fact that the BTB game mode is being held back because they are making the maps still even though the game is launching honestly makes me feel that it isn’t much different from early access gaming only with less bugs and problems.

> 2533274938856878;16:
> > 2533274854999879;1:
> > Today 343 announced the Day One playlists for Halo 5 Multiplayer and they are a bit disappointing. For starters, some of the names have been changed which is kinda weird. Rumble/Lone Wolves is now called Free for All (which is a very generic gamemode name like COD). But besides the names of some of the playlists, they really seem to lack variety.
> >
> > These are the playlists at launch:
> >
> > - Warzone
> > - Warzone Assault
> >
> > Arena:
> >
> > - Team Arena (Breakout, Slayer, CTF, Strongholds)
> > - Slayer (should have been called Team Slayer)
> > - Breakout
> > - Free-for-All (should have been called Rumble or Slayer) (what happened to Regicide?)
> > - SWAT (SWAT and SWAGNUMS)
> > - Rotational Weekend Playlist
> >
> > So there is no BTB and no Team Action Sack or Infection playlist at launch. BTB is obvious and I can understand Team Action Sack not being available because players need forge to create the right type of gamemodes for the playlist but Infection could have easily been added for the regular maps.
> > Besides the naming of the gamemodes (which should have the classic names), there is also a lack of variety in playlists. I would like to show 343 my idea for a good set of launch playlists keeping in mind the lack of Forge and BTB at launch for Arena:
> >
> > - Team Slayer (Team Slayer AR, Team Slayer BR, Team DMR)
> > - Team Objective (Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Oddball, Strongholds)
> > - Team Doubles (2v2 Team Slayer, Capture the Flag and King of the Hill)
> > - Breakout (Normal Breakout)
> > - Slayer (Free-for-All, Regicide FFA)
> > - Infection
> > - SWAT (SWAT BR, SWAT DMR, SWAGNUMS)
> > - Rotational Weekend Playlist
> >
> > The playlist selection I showed above offers a lot more variety in the content that the playlists offer and offers more variety in the gamemodes in each playlist keeping things a lot more interesting and fun for a much longer time.
> > Please make sure 343 hears your concerns about the playlists so they will implement changes to them sooner rather later.
>
>
> I will agree that Team Doubles should be there, but Josh Holmes said in another thread that it will be added later. As for all the other playlists I think they are great. Also your comment about how Free For All: “which is a very generic gamemode name like COD.”
> It’s a name that fits the playlist description perfectly. How is it like CoD, because they have an FFA playlist? lol wut?
>
> free-for-all
> noun
>
> - a disorganized or unrestricted situation or event in which everyone may take part, especially a fight, discussion, or trading market.
> I have no comments on Infection or Grifball because I don’t play them, therefore I don’t care.

I thought the same, but i also understand why he rise this critique. For me, who want to play this game mostly competitive, so i hope there will be many players and a lot’s of newcomers, i want that Game so open how it gets, and like you said, it fits the playlist-description, but i also understand why people want the classic names back, because they are adapted to them and feel bit unique…

That’s why i didn’t argued with that critique…

I like the weekend playlists, I always looked forward to the rotation on weekends and seeing what was up next. Most of the playlists above look good to me to start with, but when I looked at the ign article that had this info…I had this weird feeling when I was reading it that the information wasn’t presented correctly or something. Maybe just the layout of the article, but it almost felt like the information has to be wrong.

Example:

Breakout | Gambol Breakout | Trident Slayer | Coliseum Slayer | Eden Slayer | Plaza Slayer | Empire Slayer | The Rig CTF | Coliseum CTF | Truth CTF | Fathom Strongholds | The Rig Strongholds | Eden Strongholds | Empire”

There is only 1 breakout map listed (Gambol Breakout) under the team arena section but there’s the breakout game type listed…just seems wrong to me. Why only have 1 breakout map in team arena but have multiple under the breakout playlist? Why bother to list maps for a playlist if it’s not a complete list?

Seems like incomplete / misunderstood info to me…or maybe the playlist team really is crazy.