Halo 5's Impact and Legacy

I created this topic because I am pretty curious about who is going to buy halo 6. How did halo 5 affect your view on the halo franchise? For me, personally, after halo 5 I don’t know if I want to get halo 6 anymore. Now, before I go on, know that I do not hate Halo 5. The gameplay in this game is solid. It’s a huge step up from halo 4. However, there are just to many little turn offs in the game. Such as the new radar. The new radar is one of the worst things in this game. The Spartans move too fast for the radar to detect at times. Many times I’ve been engaged in a close quarters match with an enemy. And for one second he’s on the radar and the next second he’s gone. And then reappears. At this point it has become evident that 343 aren’t going to upgrade the radar at all. Another thing that I do not like is the bullet magnetism and melee magnetism of this game. Many times I would be behind a wall and I would still die. Or at least I felt like I got behind the wall in enough time. The melee magnetism is way too high. And after a melee, sometimes the enemy spartan just disappears off the radar. Once again it brings me back to this horrendous radar. Also there’s no real social playlist. All the social playlists count towards your arena win/loss and arena k/d. My arena win percentage has dropped from 59% to 56.9% because of trying to have fun in social. It’s really hard to have fun when in the back of your head you know that all of this is affecting your stats. These are my main gripes with arena.

Now onto warzone. The first thing I’d like to bring up are the infamous boss kill steals. I’ve done it, you’ve done it, we’ve all done it at one point. However, it shouldn’t be allowed. The kill should go to the team that did the most damage to the boss. It should not be based of whoever gets the last few kills. Another problem with warzone is that there is no variety in the maps. Most of them are too big to feel like a warzone. I’m talking about Apex 7 and Stormbreak. Noctus avoids this problem because it’s a relatively open map. And Arc is just the right size to where it feels like a warzone. Stormbreak is by far the worst map. It’s too linear and it has a legendary right at the beginning. Who’s brilliant idea was that? The first few minutes usually decide the victor. Then there’s another problem. The laggy req system. I’ve gotten almost every single req, and now when I access the req station it lags like no other. I really hope 343 fixes this.

343 has been silent on a lot of issues and has been ignoring the community. And considering that halo 5 has had the lowest sales of any main line halo game, I don’t think 343 can afford to ignore us. I have them a pass for halo 4 because it was their first halo game. I gave them a pass for the MCC because it was a monumental task to port 4 games onto the Xbox one. And I even have them a pass at the launch of halo 5 since I thought this game would be completed within a few months. Now here we are, six months later. And there’s still no Oddball, infection, race, and many other halo staples. There still isn’t any permanent snipers or doubles playlist, and we’ve had the exact same ranked playlists since launch. But what we do get a lot of is reqs. And it is obvious why. 343 is just trying to milk the halo franchise for what it is worth. This halo has the lowest skill gap out of any halo, and it feels the most like COD to me. This is due to the fact that they designed halo 5 to be twitch shooter like other fps games on the market. I honestly hate to see halo go down this way. But, I’d rather see it die out then see a developer like 343 lie and exploit its fans using this franchise that, in the past, had been nothing short of stellar. So 343 I hope you’re happy. You got what you wanted. You had the biggest halo launch in history (although you included hardware sales) and you’ve made millions more from your requisition system. I can understand why you would be happy. But so many players like me, are still waiting for a well crafted halo game since 2010. I’m not sure whether or not I will buy halo 6. At this point it’s too early to tell. But if things continue down this road, I probably won’t get halo 6.

I forgot to mention one thing, it’s the horrid servers in halo 5. I’ve heard a lot of people having problems with the servers. I’ve been lagged out of many matches. Also some matches have failed to begin. I only have these problems in halo 5. I don’t know how many people have these problems but there has been much outcry on the forums about this. And as far as I know, 343 has yet to give a response.

Paragraphs please. Sorry.

And I won’t be buying Halo 6 if it’s like Halo 5.

> 2533274832368555;3:
> Paragraphs please. Sorry.
>
> And I won’t be buying Halo 6 if it’s like Halo 5.

Ok I just fixed it. My bad lol.

The gameplay is great, and if it came down to gameplay alone, I would definitely buy H6.

If REQs make a return, I wouldn’t mind, unless there are insanely overpowered REQs hidden behind a REQ Pack that you must buy with $$ (Effectively making it P2W)

If Brian Reed is the lead writer for the H6 campaign, that would be one reason why I wouldn’t buy Halo 6. He has yet to prove he is an effective writer, Spartan Ops was pretty bland, then there was the mess that was H5 campaign. Joe Staten should replace him as lead writer, he has a lot more Halo writing experience under his belt and could make a great campaign that would heal the H5 campaign’s wounds

If there isn’t much content at launch, I would probably just buy it and play after updates. There was no reason to deprive H5 out of core gametypes at launch

Well let me tell you my reasons if you are willing to read that much. Halo 5 is an ok game to my standards alone, of course some might argue that the MM is at its best in the series but sadly I have to disagree. The aiming is one thing that has affected me from the game because 343 thought it was nice to bring on some pro players, who think they know whats best for the MM, sadly as you can see, Halo 5 is way too competitive and there isnt a social aspect in it. Going into Social, you think that your playing just to sit back and enjoy but for those who dont know that stats are hidden. Ive seen people receive high ranks in a social which is why 343 can add in a balance of the two.

343 fails to understand the simple formula that Bungie created and how well it played. Halo 4 was too CoD like, HTMCC was something different and sadly Halo 5 feels too fast. Speeding up kill times and all these changes werent necessary and I feel that 343 are a none inspired Halo company just there to milk the cow dry. THey dont put the real effort into the game because they lack the minds behind what made Halo so great. Going back to the original series I felt more in tune with Halo than Halo 4 or 5 because to me, its something different and to me its NOT Halo anymore.

Ive given 343 my time with their mistakes and flaws but sadly I wont be buying Halo 6 at launch because they fail to please me and for a lot of other players, they failed them too and I dont ever see Halo being what it once was regardless of what 343 does to try to please people because they simply cant. They dont have what it takes. The music isnt Halo, gameplay is ok imo, Forge is an upgrade (only positive thing), UI sucks and its not appealing, MM doesnt have good maps or rotation, Warzone isnt Warzone because it could do better and not have the same map structures for every new map 343 releases, shows they are being lazy, cant take constructive criticism, Campaign lacked so much and left detailed from Halo 4 out, the list goes one and I feel will only fail us in the long run.

Aside from all that I give them credit on trying at least but sadly they wont please me anymore, and so back to The Master Chief Collection for me so I can truly enjoy what Halo is all about.

While Halo 5 isn’t a bad game, that’s not the point, there are just so many things lacking now that made Halo an amazing game before. It’s barely Halo anymore, and has changed way too much. They just bear the Halo name on the box, but none of the story has anything to do with the actual Halo installations. There are so many different story arcs they could’ve explored and fleshed out that never really got presented in a game, yet they still feel a need to follow along this love story drama thing with Cortana, and introduce characters we don’t care about.

Halo 4 left them a blank slate to go many different routes, and it’s disappointing that they chose this. Other options:

  1. Precursors and / or the Flood origins. Bring in some 60 frames HD Flood, and some new enemy types (sick of Prometheans).

  2. Actual Forerunners that may’ve survived in Shield Worlds, and rebuilding of the Ark with Telcam or Storm Covenant taking advantage of this.

  3. Fight against human expansion and imperialism. While it would be kind of messed up, it would be cool to fight against other Spartans / Marines. It’s clear that there was a growing rift between the humans in Halo 4. They should’ve explored this more, maybe have Chief and Arbiter fight alongside against ONI and Spartan IV’s trying to destroy Sangheilios, or kill a remaining fragment of Cortana or something.

I will get Halo 6, but definitely not the Limited Edition, because the one for Halo 5 was crap. All I really got out of it was the Warzone Req packs, and they have the gall to come out with an Arena Req pack. SMH I hate that the game is rated Teen now too, just watering it down.

Halo 5 definitely and unfortunately ended Halo for me. It just completely lost the gameplay that hooked me for years.

Great for those who like it, but the new direction is now confirmed as a lost cause for me. Most of my friends and I are now getting back to TMCC to play Halo.

> 2533274832183516;6:
> Well let me tell you my reasons if you are willing to read that much. Halo 5 is an ok game to my standards alone, of course some might argue that the MM is at its best in the series but sadly I have to disagree. The aiming is one thing that has affected me from the game because 343 thought it was nice to bring on some pro players, who think they know whats best for the MM, sadly as you can see, Halo 5 is way too competitive and there isnt a social aspect in it. Going into Social, you think that your playing just to sit back and enjoy but for those who dont know that stats are hidden. Ive seen people receive high ranks in a social which is why 343 can add in a balance of the two.
>
> 343 fails to understand the simple formula that Bungie created and how well it played. Halo 4 was too CoD like, HTMCC was something different and sadly Halo 5 feels too fast. Speeding up kill times and all these changes werent necessary and I feel that 343 are a none inspired Halo company just there to milk the cow dry. THey dont put the real effort into the game because they lack the minds behind what made Halo so great. Going back to the original series I felt more in tune with Halo than Halo 4 or 5 because to me, its something different and to me its NOT Halo anymore.
>
> Ive given 343 my time with their mistakes and flaws but sadly I wont be buying Halo 6 at launch because they fail to please me and for a lot of other players, they failed them too and I dont ever see Halo being what it once was regardless of what 343 does to try to please people because they simply cant. They dont have what it takes. The music isnt Halo, gameplay is ok imo, Forge is an upgrade (only positive thing), UI sucks and its not appealing, MM doesnt have good maps or rotation, Warzone isnt Warzone because it could do better and not have the same map structures for every new map 343 releases, shows they are being lazy, cant take constructive criticism, Campaign lacked so much and left detailed from Halo 4 out, the list goes one and I feel will only fail us in the long run.
>
> Aside from all that I give them credit on trying at least but sadly they wont please me anymore, and so back to The Master Chief Collection for me so I can truly enjoy what Halo is all about.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/social-does-not-exist-in-halo-5/c8c02fb3-91d6-46e7-a323-a2f340847556/posts?page=5#post88

I I made a post about halo 5 not having social.

> 2533275007059966;5:
> The gameplay is great, and if it came down to gameplay alone, I would definitely buy H6.
>
> If REQs make a return, I wouldn’t mind, unless there are insanely overpowered REQs hidden behind a REQ Pack that you must buy with $$ (Effectively making it P2W)
>
> If Brian Reed is the lead writer for the H6 campaign, that would be one reason why I wouldn’t buy Halo 6. He has yet to prove he is an effective writer, Spartan Ops was pretty bland, then there was the mess that was H5 campaign. Joe Staten should replace him as lead writer, he has a lot more Halo writing experience under his belt and could make a great campaign that would heal the H5 campaign’s wounds
>
> If there isn’t much content at launch, I would probably just buy it and play after updates. There was no reason to deprive H5 out of core gametypes at launch

Agreed, the writing in Halo 5 was almost cringe-worthy. I don’t even care about Blue Team because of this guy, they were all so bland, and the same. The only characters that really had distinct personalities were Chief, Locke, and Buck. Everyone else… who cares.

I forgot to mention the lack of content too.

Halo 3 had:
Campaign
Matchmaking (Full Competitive and Social playlists with all gametypes at launch)
Forge
Custom Games
File Browser
Theater

Reach
Campaign
Matchmaking
Firefight
Forge
Custom Games
File Browser
Theater

Halo 5 had (at launch):
Campaign
Matchmaking (missing a lot of game types and playlists)
Custom Games
Theater

Edit: There is absolutely no reason why there can’t be File Browser, just ridiculous.

Now:
Campaign
Matchmaking (still missing a lot of game types and playlists)
Forge
Custom Games
Theater

Halo 5 as far as story is kind of a letdown. I’m sick of prometheans too, I want the flood back and Elites that are way more aggressive and intimidating. They did a good job on the hunters though, they’re awesome now. Human resistance and spartan IVs as enemies would be interesting. More chief missions, and if you’re going to emphasize Locke we need a playable showdown against the chief that ranks as one of the hardest bosses in fps history.

I’ve always been here for the multiplayer though, and I think H5 did a near perfect job on it. Weapons are amazingly balanced and most of the maps play great.

Reqs don’t bother me. They don’t affect anything ranked and the sales are probably helping fuel all the free Dlc.

Keep up the fantastic work 343, I will definitely be picking up H6 assuming you spend another productive 3 years on it. Keep the tradition alive!

> 2533274806800333;11:
> Halo 5 as far as story is kind of a letdown. I’m sick of prometheans too, I want the flood back and Elites that are way more aggressive and intimidating. They did a good job on the hunters though, they’re awesome now. Human resistance and spartan IVs as enemies would be interesting. More chief missions, and if you’re going to emphasize Locke we need a playable showdown against the chief that ranks as one of the hardest bosses in fps history.
>
> I’ve always been here for the multiplayer though, and I think H5 did a near perfect job on it. Weapons are amazingly balanced and most of the maps play great.
>
> Reqs don’t bother me. They don’t affect anything ranked and the sales are probably helping fuel all the free Dlc.
>
> Keep up the fantastic work 343, I will definitely be picking up H6 assuming you spend another productive 3 years on it. Keep the tradition alive!

Personally, I never thought of elites from the original trilogy intimidating either. I thought of them as funny. Reach had the most intimidating elites if you ask me.

If they make a H3A I won’t have to buy H6.

I bought Halo 5 for campaign first and for multiplayer second. I really want to say I enjoyed the campaign… but the story just messes so much up, I mean they basically gave the forerunner saga books and the Didact the middle finger.
Halo 5 was basically the Warden wanting to get on top of Cortana.

I could make a list about the things I like/ dislike but everyone else has pretty much summed up everything I would have said.
If halo whatever comes next doesn’t improve I might avoid it at launch. Get a new writer ASAP

> 2533274970658419;13:
> If they make a H3A I won’t have to buy H6.

Shhhhh. You’re not supposed to let them know that. Now they’ll probably give a half -Yoinked!- H3A

> 2533274887844230;14:
> I bought Halo 5 for campaign first and for multiplayer second. I really want to say I enjoyed the campaign… but the story just messes so much up, I mean they basically gave the forerunner saga books and the Didact the middle finger.
> Halo 5 was basically the Warden wanting to get on top of Cortana.
>
> I could make a list about the things I like/ dislike but everyone else has pretty much summed up everything I would have said.

Lol. The Didact had so much potential. I will never understand why they decided to get rid of him so quickly.

I really liked halo 5. Cortana flipping on MC threw me for a big loop. I truly enjoy the crap out of halo 5 overall and they keep updating the reqs and dropping more content for free (as it should be) which is AWESOME

> 2533274811771792;17:
> I really liked halo 5. Cortana flipping on MC threw me for a big loop. I truly enjoy the crap out of halo 5 overall and they keep updating the reqs and dropping more content for free (as it should be) which is AWESOME

But it’s not for free. If you’ve ever taken an economics class you learn that nothing is free. You paid for the content when you have 60 dollars. And a lot of the content is just content that was cut from launch. We saw Noctus in a trailer before halo 5 was even released.

> 2535449192333956;16:
> > 2533274887844230;14:
> > I bought Halo 5 for campaign first and for multiplayer second. I really want to say I enjoyed the campaign… but the story just messes so much up, I mean they basically gave the forerunner saga books and the Didact the middle finger.
> > Halo 5 was basically the Warden wanting to get on top of Cortana.
> >
> > I could make a list about the things I like/ dislike but everyone else has pretty much summed up everything I would have said.
>
>
> Lol. The Didact had so much potential. I will never understand why they decided to get rid of him so quickly.

I know he was so good in the books and had so much potential in the games… But Wait! lets drop a Halo ring on his head and turn him into a pile of digital ash in a comic most people won’t read!!!

> 2535449192333956;16:
> > 2533274887844230;14:
> > I bought Halo 5 for campaign first and for multiplayer second. I really want to say I enjoyed the campaign… but the story just messes so much up, I mean they basically gave the forerunner saga books and the Didact the middle finger.
> > Halo 5 was basically the Warden wanting to get on top of Cortana.
> >
> > I could make a list about the things I like/ dislike but everyone else has pretty much summed up everything I would have said.
>
>
> Lol. The Didact had so much potential. I will never understand why they decided to get rid of him so quickly.

And you think that was bad, take a look at jul’s death lol