Halo 5's Campaign cutscenes

Ok, I’m italian and I’ll try to explain myself the best I can:

Look at the first 20 seconds of this video, you’ll see that that part of the cutscene has a bad camera positioning (it is not “movie like”) …aand then Chief moves a little weird (but my main concern remains the camera).

the point is: 343 must emphasize cutscenes in the right way, and not like that odd 20 seconds. A perfect cutscene similar to that was this (first 40 seconds)

edit: I’ll try to explain better myself, a cutscene that I really love is this, and I think every cutscene should be cool like that (the best are those from H 3/Reach/odst/Wars (CGI) and Halo 2 Anniversary)

uhm… got the point?

I really don’t see the problem. Nothing wrong with the movement in the first clip. I’d argue that the second looked more unnatural. Who holds a gun like that? They used motion capture for Halo 4 as well, so… No I don’t get it.

> 2533274932540799;2:
> I really don’t see the problem. Nothing wrong with the movement in the first clip. I’d argue that the second looked more unnatural. Who holds a gun like that? They used motion capture for Halo 4 as well, so… No I don’t get it.

Dude, the camera positioning is not “movie like” in the first clip (my main concern is about camera, and I said first 40 seconds for the second clip) I would have prefered it to be behind Chief like this video (0:52 to 0:57) to show the big explosion behind him (another way could have been positioning the camera at Chief’s half-lenght, rotate it to the left for about 15-20° and moving it 0,5/0,65 meters to the right I guess - should be like this video (0:22 to 0:26), something like that, these are just ideas)

Honestly alot of the cutscenes in halo 4 had always felt off to me. I just could never really put my finger on what that was.

> 2533274862903872;4:
> Honestly alot of the cutscenes in halo 4 had always felt off to me. I just could never really put my finger on what that was.

Yeah sometimes I felt like this also

Ya the cutscenes felt off in halo 4, something about them wasn’t right. But I liked the trailer for all of halo fives stuff, including halo fives preorder cg trailer. Even if your right, dose it have to be movie like? And on the subject, I hope they don’t botch the halo television series.

> 2533274851211096;6:
> Ya the cutscenes felt off in halo 4, something about them wasn’t right. But I liked the trailer for all of halo fives stuff, including halo fives preorder cg trailer. Even if your right, dose it have to be movie like? And on the subject, I hope they don’t botch the halo television series.

I think Halo 3/Reach/odst and Wars have “movie like” camera positioning for cutscenes (for Halo Wars I mean ONLY CGI cutscenes), then also Halo 2 Anniversary has, so Halo 5 has also to have it (at least this is what it looks like to me). And I also hope we’ll see Spielberg’s work :slight_smile: