Halo 5's beta vs Final Build of Halo 5

Hey guys, KogaGmente III, I’ve been thinking about making an in-depth video about Halo 5’s Beta vs, Final Build of Halo 5, s I wanted to get some opinions on it. What do you think of the beta vs the (current) Final Build of Halo 5?

My personal opinion, I WISH I HAD GOTTEN TO PLAY THE BETA, The beta looks like it was the best version of Halo 5, I don’t understand why the reversed what they had, even the req system looked liked it work a hella of lot better. The lighting was superior, and the game over all was just better than most of Halo 5’s final build, now I know Halo 5 is still in development, but I can’t just feel…where did all the amazing work go? I look at Halo 5 now…sigh…

Comparison video - If you haven’t seen the beta yet check this out.
Development Footage

The REQ system didn’t even exist in the beta, so…

> 2533274860945165;2:
> The REQ system didn’t even exist in the beta, so…

Yes but there was a different itteration of it, I’ve seen screenshots

Beta looked better imo. I preferred it.

the beta was the best version of h5 for me.

[deleted]

[deleted]

The beta looked better, especially the lobby.

But the thing is people would quit a lot more if they recognized a gamertag or a high rank. That’s what happened during MCC.

Also, I’m pretty sure those videos were just given early designs and nothing concrete, especially nothing in the beta.

Here’s how the beta played.

I thought the beta looked and played better than the final release (with the stinging exception of the ridiculous bro-spartan outro) and had a much better UI overall.

The beta visuals for the menu and UI was much more pleasing and fitting for the idea of “next gen” console at the time. It seems 343 wanted to make it more of a simple layout and less clutter for the final product. The most shocking thing I saw from that was the armor, it seemed in the beta the armor looked worn and damaged while in the full game it became plastic. Unfortunate but the Halo Reach armor in Halo 5 does keep me happy, with the fact it has more of a metal and dull finish.

Liked the graphics and UI, disliked the gameplay. Movement speed felt so off to me, and I’m glad they fixed it in the full release.

seems a lot of people prefer the original UI from the Beta.

> 2533274867552438;12:
> seems a lot of people prefer the original UI from the Beta.

I liked the beta a lot, shame so much was changed. :disappointed:

The original menu screen was much more interesting.

Link to my thread on the subject.

The Beta’s UI looked much better than the final product, IMO. I forgot the artist’s name but the guy did a really good job on UI concepts and I was disappointed when I saw his work and realized that it was all scrapped.

> 2535429585915411;14:
> The Beta’s UI looked much better than the final product, IMO. I forgot the artist’s name but the guy did a really good job on UI concepts and I was disappointed when I saw his work and realized that it was all scrapped.

Is this who you are referring to?

:confounded: What could have been…

I wonder who that Spartan wearing Recon is?

> 2533274870717152;15:
> > 2535429585915411;14:
> > The Beta’s UI looked much better than the final product, IMO. I forgot the artist’s name but the guy did a really good job on UI concepts and I was disappointed when I saw his work and realized that it was all scrapped.
>
> Is this who you are referring to?
>
> :confounded: What could have been…
>
> I wonder who that Spartan wearing Recon is?

That’s pretty cool to see.

Never played the beta so I can’t make a proper judgement.

Tbh, the beta screenshots look pretty good.

> 2533274870717152;15:
> > 2535429585915411;14:
> > The Beta’s UI looked much better than the final product, IMO. I forgot the artist’s name but the guy did a really good job on UI concepts and I was disappointed when I saw his work and realized that it was all scrapped.
>
> Is this who you are referring to?
>
> :confounded: What could have been…
>
> I wonder who that Spartan wearing Recon is?

Yes, that’s him!

Maybe the Spartan wearing Recon was scrapped from the game? Apparently Halo 5 had a troubled development so I’m assuming this is the case. Would still be cool to find out who it is…

I’ll have to agree that the beta build looked alot cooler than the final build which just looks plain boring.