Halo 5 XP AFK FARMERS ARE A PLAGUE

I am tired of having to carry AFK players in Mythic Warzone Firefight using a bot or something to not get kicked and get easy undeserved XP. But that’s what happens when you’re rewarded for just being in a game and not for actually playing it.

-Is there a punishment for these players ruining there teammates experience ?

> 2533274853554858;1:
> I am tired of having to carry AFK players in Mythic Warzone Firefight using a bot or something to not get kicked and get easy undeserved XP. But that’s what happens when you’re rewarded for just being in a game and not for actually playing it.
>
> -Is there a punishment for these players ruining there teammates experience ?

Theres no real punishment except for the report button and hurting their rep slightly, although I will be honest the effect is super negligible and its mostly just for cathartic release. I recommend keeping an eye out for repeat offenders before the report though. I’ve AFK’d the occasional round if am using a rare/legendary boost I don’t want to lose, and either the Lag is atrocious or I am getting TK’d by ultra-competitive Teammates who obviously don’t even want my help to begin with (although their tune almost always changes round 5 lol).

H5 system is at fault as well to a degree. Making Mythic FF, a PvE, to have 3x more xp turnout than literally any other playlist (even the featureds cant keep pace), combined with the fact that as you mentioned xp from actual gameplay is virtually non existent (winning is the only boost I have really noticed and its always dependent on a greater team so AFK doesn’t really hurt the “player” that much - commendations are a joke and there are no recurring challenges), and then again compounded by the absurd length of a 152 rank. All this together, I can pretty much guarantee you that in the months leading up to Infinite AFKing will only become more common and I expect it will even become the majority norm around the summertime this year.

It is sad but grinders are gonna grind, and H5 only offers one rational option for grinding, so all the grinders are gonna grind in exactly that way. The real way to avoid this is to build your own fireteam that you enter each round with, it takes some coordination but if you’ll never get an AFK again.

Yes, they get banned once 343i comes to know about them. Report these “players” to the Support site. I have seen some posts from “players” complaining about a ban that lasts a few months, so such behavior is being taken seriously. If you have a video, include it in your report because it will help the Support folks.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> Yes, they get banned once 343i comes to know about them. Report these “players” to the Support site. I have seen some posts from “players” complaining about a ban that lasts a few months, so such behavior is being taken seriously. If you have a video, include it in your report because it will help the Support folks.

Oh dang really? that’s interesting and kind of hopeful news for a change, I always heard the report button was a joke and at most you get like 30min bans for the worst offenders. Although I guess I’ve only ever used xbox report and not waypoint.

> 2533274841519598;4:
> > 2533274824050480;3:
> > Yes, they get banned once 343i comes to know about them. Report these “players” to the Support site. I have seen some posts from “players” complaining about a ban that lasts a few months, so such behavior is being taken seriously. If you have a video, include it in your report because it will help the Support folks.
>
> Oh dang really? that’s interesting and kind of hopeful news for a change, I always heard the report button was a joke and at most you get like 30min bans for the worst offenders. Although I guess I’ve only ever used xbox report and not waypoint.

Yeah, the Waypoint one is the way to go. Xbox’s report function is good, but only if a ton of people report one person. But, with Waypoint just one good and legit report can get someone banned.

Usually that hasn’t happened to me, honestly, but actually they give you a lot less xp doing nothing than actually killing enemies

Always found it Hilarious people do that. Nothing to gain really. Maybe your account looks good on paper.

> 2535447371726695;7:
> Always found it Hilarious people do that. Nothing to gain really. Maybe your account looks good on paper.

One dude yesterday said ‘‘I have to play 24 games of Warzone a day to get ready for Infinite, that’s 4 hours a day’’. People would give their soul for that 152 reward lol.

> 2533274841519598;2:
> > 2533274853554858;1:
> > I am tired of having to carry AFK players in Mythic Warzone Firefight using a bot or something to not get kicked and get easy undeserved XP. But that’s what happens when you’re rewarded for just being in a game and not for actually playing it.
> >
> > -Is there a punishment for these players ruining there teammates experience ?
>
> Theres no real punishment except for the report button and hurting their rep slightly, although I will be honest the effect is super negligible and its mostly just for cathartic release. I recommend keeping an eye out for repeat offenders before the report though. I’ve AFK’d the occasional round if am using a rare/legendary boost I don’t want to lose, and either the Lag is atrocious or I am getting TK’d by ultra-competitive Teammates who obviously don’t even want my help to begin with (although their tune almost always changes round 5 lol).
>
> H5 system is at fault as well to a degree. Making Mythic FF, a PvE, to have 3x more xp turnout than literally any other playlist (even the featureds cant keep pace), combined with the fact that as you mentioned xp from actual gameplay is virtually non existent (winning is the only boost I have really noticed and its always dependent on a greater team so AFK doesn’t really hurt the “player” that much - commendations are a joke and there are no recurring challenges), and then again compounded by the absurd length of a 152 rank. All this together, I can pretty much guarantee you that in the months leading up to Infinite AFKing will only become more common and I expect it will even become the majority norm around the summertime this year.
>
> It is sad but grinders are gonna grind, and H5 only offers one rational option for grinding, so all the grinders are gonna grind in exactly that way. The real way to avoid this is to build your own fireteam that you enter each round with, it takes some coordination but if you’ll never get an AFK again.

These are not grinders but cheaters, they do it because they’re too lazy to play but still want Infinite’s rewards.
When you get 0 kill 0 damage after 15+ minutes the only thing you deserve is a kick.
Yes, H5 rank up system is flawed, but it’s not a reason to be a burden for the lobby and keep jumping thrusting to get undeserved rewards.

I hope in Infinite they have a Vote to kick like in other games, or a better rep system.

> 2533274853554858;9:
> > 2533274841519598;2:
> > > 2533274853554858;1:
> > > I am tired of having to carry AFK players in Mythic Warzone Firefight using a bot or something to not get kicked and get easy undeserved XP. But that’s what happens when you’re rewarded for just being in a game and not for actually playing it.
> > >
> > > -Is there a punishment for these players ruining there teammates experience ?
> >
> > Theres no real punishment except for the report button and hurting their rep slightly, although I will be honest the effect is super negligible and its mostly just for cathartic release. I recommend keeping an eye out for repeat offenders before the report though. I’ve AFK’d the occasional round if am using a rare/legendary boost I don’t want to lose, and either the Lag is atrocious or I am getting TK’d by ultra-competitive Teammates who obviously don’t even want my help to begin with (although their tune almost always changes round 5 lol).
> >
> > H5 system is at fault as well to a degree. Making Mythic FF, a PvE, to have 3x more xp turnout than literally any other playlist (even the featureds cant keep pace), combined with the fact that as you mentioned xp from actual gameplay is virtually non existent (winning is the only boost I have really noticed and its always dependent on a greater team so AFK doesn’t really hurt the “player” that much - commendations are a joke and there are no recurring challenges), and then again compounded by the absurd length of a 152 rank. All this together, I can pretty much guarantee you that in the months leading up to Infinite AFKing will only become more common and I expect it will even become the majority norm around the summertime this year.
> >
> > It is sad but grinders are gonna grind, and H5 only offers one rational option for grinding, so all the grinders are gonna grind in exactly that way. The real way to avoid this is to build your own fireteam that you enter each round with, it takes some coordination but if you’ll never get an AFK again.
>
> These are not grinders but cheaters, they do it because they’re too lazy to play but still want Infinite’s rewards.
> When you get 0 kill 0 damage after 15+ minutes the only thing you deserve is a kick.
> Yes, H5 rank up system is flawed, but it’s not a reason to be a burden for the lobby and keep jumping thrusting to get undeserved rewards.
>
> I hope in Infinite they have a Vote to kick like in other games, or a better rep system.

Hey you’re preaching to the choir my friend, its an unethical grind that certainly cheats the process a bit, but certain systems inhibit predictable results from human behavior. We can apply our videogame ethics for personal judgment as much as we want (and trust me I also love doing my fair share of that) but if we are looking for solutions then we need to think systemically proactive and less individually reactive imo. Reactive solutions like a Vote to kick option are still a pretty good idea in some contexts, however I also don’t want unfortunate players kicked just because they are poor performance which had been an issue for games I played in the past. If Waypoint report actually has some enforcement behind it as reported above, then that an even better reactive solution as it allows individual action made by 343, but I can’t imagine scaling that is very efficient either.

Additionally, I will argue that just from an economic and human standpoint Halo 5’s system encourages AFKing extremely hard and that is worth discussing. The fact is not every player will hold onto the same ethical system we adhere to and even those that do may likely still waiver because when the only rational mode of grinding requires playing exactly one game mode every day for years, and that one mode is an extremely repetitive PvE where individual contribution is less obvious than other game types and matches last longer than average, then a large percentage of people will begin to balk at the legitimate version of the grind while feeling “too deep/invested” to stop themselves from pursuing the unethical route especially when the people they are cheating are just faceless video game avatars from their perspective. From a design standpoint no one should be surprised at all that the issue is so common and bottlenecked to one section of the game as it was entirely foreseeable from its inception.

Creating challenges, making XP more dependent on performance (and to a degree xp awards for victory and xp deduction for finishing with 0 kills already helps, but their degree in H5 is too small), making it so that there are more diverse game modes to play along the grind, and giving more things for people to focus on while they actually play are all proactive systematic solutions to avoid encouraging more people to AFK.

I hope this ladder option is the one Infinite takes the most as I see it as the least painful and most rewarding route to take that will also likely address the problem the most effectively as well. As far as H5 goes I have given up on Mythic FF ever getting better again and have left it for the grinders unless I have a full squad I know I can roll with.

> 2533274824050480;5:
> > 2533274841519598;4:
> > > 2533274824050480;3:
> > > Yes, they get banned once 343i comes to know about them. Report these “players” to the Support site. I have seen some posts from “players” complaining about a ban that lasts a few months, so such behavior is being taken seriously. If you have a video, include it in your report because it will help the Support folks.
> >
> > Oh dang really? that’s interesting and kind of hopeful news for a change, I always heard the report button was a joke and at most you get like 30min bans for the worst offenders. Although I guess I’ve only ever used xbox report and not waypoint.
>
> Yeah, the Waypoint one is the way to go. Xbox’s report function is good, but only if a ton of people report one person. But, with Waypoint just one good and legit report can get someone banned.

Then again- there could be some uncertainty in who you ban-you can never be 100% sure.

Based on what I have seen, it’s relatively rare to see players AFK during Mythic Warzone Matches. Based on the 30 most recent Mythic Warzone Firefight games, I haven’t seen any clear instance of a player AFKing. On the other hand, the player performance may vary and sometimes, it’s possible to observe one or two players that are contributing towards the match but with extraordinary bad performance.

First off… yes, it’s a big problem, especially with the announcement of a supposed actual Infinite release and the unveiling of a reward for 152s in Infinite. People are doing anything they can to get to 152 (even practically trying to bribe 343 so they can get 4x or even 5x xp). To say it’s a rare occurrence is an understatement of massive proportions. Everyday, I play Heroic FF and then big team super fiesta to get my wins for the day, then I spend the rest of the day in Mythic FF to get the good xp (I’m about to hit 151 on my way to 152 in July). More often than not, I’ll run into at least one person (more often there’s two)… who will still at the opening spawn, or move to the garage or wherever safe, and just run around, -Yoink!- each other… and generally not be helpful to the objective. After we lost that match, I’ll back out of the queue in the hopes of not getting them again, but inevitably, I’ll get a new batch in a game or two. It is a big problem, unfortunately, there’s not a whole lot you can do about it. You can report them, either through xbox or waypoint (for disclosure: I’ve never tried waypoint, I try not to take too much time away from gameplay). I like to have a little fun with them… map dependent, I’ll try to push them or spartan charge them off the map. It hurts their stats, and I get a few minutes of entertainment out of it. I’ve reported a few people through xbox recently, I’ve never heard anything back or anything, but legend has it they will get banned.

I guess the more I play this more then more I don’t understand the culture within in. You have your uber sweatys who will stop at nothing to ruin someone’s day who’s just trying to finish comms, get xp, or a win or whatever. You have those who want xp for literally doing nothing, all for a reward in another game, that has no real tangible value. It’s just a game people… if you don’t want to get the kills, or at the very least, participate, then play something else. Clearly you don’t have enough interest in the game to actually want to play it… so move on to something else and stop ruining it for the rest of us who are actually at least trying (let’s be honest, I’m terrible). I may not ever come in first in a mythic FF, but I at least put some effort into and do what I can to help the mission…

> 2533274853554858;8:
> > 2535447371726695;7:
> > Always found it Hilarious people do that. Nothing to gain really. Maybe your account looks good on paper.
>
> One dude yesterday said ‘‘I have to play 24 games of Warzone a day to get ready for Infinite, that’s 4 hours a day’’. People would give their soul for that 152 reward lol.

The grind is rough when people don’t take advantage of featured gameplay, double xp, and warezone. Ranked and customs won’t get someone to 152 fast at all.

> 2542657289641224;13:
> I guess the more I play this more then more I don’t understand the culture within in. You have your uber sweatys who will stop at nothing to ruin someone’s day who’s just trying to finish comms, get xp, or a win or whatever. You have those who want xp for literally doing nothing, all for a reward in another game, that has no real tangible value. It’s just a game people…

This resonates with me somewhat because I have also noticed the unignorable presence of these two camps, it seems like most matches I am either paired with AFK who dont cooperate or Team Killing teammates being unnecessarily competitive. Either Way just matching with casual and cooperative team mates seems more rare now. This is probably not an issue with the culture of the game as much as it is a lower population and the greater context of 152 making it so that Mythic FF recently has a disproportionate amount of these players.

I could also be a tad influenced by my own confirmation bias tbh, I have never actually sat down and done the math like CuriousGalaxy has, as I am mostly just playing WZ FF for the xp myself so it doesn’t bother me too much either way; AFKers mean i can focus on my comms (just need grunt mechs now!) and Team killers mean i can do my own thing for a bit, or even AFK myself while I make myself a mid-match meal or something if they become too intolerable.

> 2535469120778295;12:
> On the other hand, the player performance may vary and sometimes, it’s possible to observe one or two players that are contributing towards the match but with extraordinary bad performance.

Haha, yes I have seen it happen with a squad mate who finished a full match (that we won btw) with only 4 kills. I was certain they must have AFKd for most of it until I got paired with them again and saw them give it their 100% the whole game and still finish with 3 kills (although a decent amount of assists to be fair.). Honestly no hate there, no other way to get better than practice and if you can finish a match while doing that bad without rage quitting you’re already more cool than a lot of gamers one could get paired up with.

> 2533274841519598;15:
> > 2542657289641224;13:
> > I guess the more I play this more then more I don’t understand the culture within in. You have your uber sweatys who will stop at nothing to ruin someone’s day who’s just trying to finish comms, get xp, or a win or whatever. You have those who want xp for literally doing nothing, all for a reward in another game, that has no real tangible value. It’s just a game people…
>
> This resonates with me somewhat because I have also noticed the unignorable presence of these two camps, it seems like most matches I am either paired with AFK who dont cooperate or Team Killing teammates being unnecessarily competitive. Either Way just matching with casual and cooperative team mates seems more rare now. This is probably not an issue with the culture of the game as much as it is a lower population and the greater context of 152 making it so that Mythic FF recently has a disproportionate amount of these players.
>
> I could also be a tad influenced by my own confirmation bias tbh, I have never actually sat down and done the math like CuriousGalaxy has, as I am mostly just playing WZ FF for the xp myself so it doesn’t bother me too much either way; AFKers mean i can focus on my comms (just need grunt mechs now!) and Team killers mean i can do my own thing for a bit, or even AFK myself while I make myself a mid-match meal or something if they become too intolerable.
>
>
>
>
> > 2535469120778295;12:
> > On the other hand, the player performance may vary and sometimes, it’s possible to observe one or two players that are contributing towards the match but with extraordinary bad performance.
>
> Haha, yes I have seen it happen with a squad mate who finished a full match (that we won btw) with only 4 kills. I was certain they must have AFKd for most of it until I got paired with them again and saw them give it their 100% the whole game and still finish with 3 kills (although a decent amount of assists to be fair.). Honestly no hate there, no other way to get better than practice and if you can finish a match while doing that bad without rage quitting you’re already more cool than a lot of gamers one could get paired up with.

When I say AFKs, I say 0 damage which means they didn’t even shoot their guns at an enemy, and for the entire game (even multiple games in a row).

I often have terrible teammates who don’t know what they’re doing here but that’s normal and I don’t have anything against them bc it’s not their fault (even tho it’s not a good idea to play the hardest mode when you’re not experienced).

But anyway, thanks for the infos, I reported one guy on Waypoint, if nothing happens I’ll probably stop reporting people because it seems useless now… But if there’s punishments I’ll let you guys know!

> 2535469120778295;12:
> Based on what I have seen, it’s relatively rare to see players AFK during Mythic Warzone Matches. Based on the 30 most recent Mythic Warzone Firefight games, I haven’t seen any clear instance of a player AFKing. On the other hand, the player performance may vary and sometimes, it’s possible to observe one or two players that are contributing towards the match but with extraordinary bad performance.

I play everyday 10-15 Mythic Warzone Matches Solo and with a Team if they’re online.
Everyday I find at least 1 AFK with 0 damage and just jump, thrust, walk bot behavior. I often call them out by message and they literally admit they prefer doing this over playing legitimately so no talking about a ‘‘bad game’’, this can happen to everyone.
If you haven’t seen one in 30 games you must be on the lucky side of probabilities lol

> 2533274853554858;17:
> > 2535469120778295;12:
> > Based on what I have seen, it’s relatively rare to see players AFK during Mythic Warzone Matches. Based on the 30 most recent Mythic Warzone Firefight games, I haven’t seen any clear instance of a player AFKing. On the other hand, the player performance may vary and sometimes, it’s possible to observe one or two players that are contributing towards the match but with extraordinary bad performance.
>
> I play everyday 10-15 Mythic Warzone Matches Solo and with a Team if they’re online.
> Everyday I find at least 1 AFK with 0 damage and just jump, thrust, walk bot behavior. I often call them out by message and they literally admit they prefer doing this over playing legitimately so no talking about a ‘‘bad game’’, this can happen to everyone.
> If you haven’t seen one in 30 games you must be on the lucky side of probabilities lol

To be counted, I used the criteria that the player must be present in game from beginning to the end and it’s relatively rare to see a player playing a full game without contributing.

On the other hand, a bit more common to see players join at the end of the game and get 0 points due to the player joining just before the game ends without getting a proper chance to contribute towards the team.

This is so annoying! When I was farming xp in firefight, there was lots of AFK players, I tried to reported them but nothing worrks for this cases because they aren’t doing anything against rules, aren’t they?

Report news still pending