Halo 5/xbox one locust

Since there is the inclusion of the mantis, It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to add the locust into the mix. Considering its about the same size as the wraith, it would probably work fine in halo 5/xbox one. How to balance the locust is the tough question. perhaps the mantis could have a stronger armor, but weaker shields in comparison to the locust(Which would have stronger shields but would have extremely fragile armor). Locust has a charge up period for the main cannon where as the mantis is able to attack right away.

Here is how I think the locust should look when it gets into the game possibly:
locust halo 5 example

Yes please, as a counter to the Mantis.

Ehh, no. I’m not a fan of throwing in vehicles left and right. If it’s simply a “Covenant Mantis” with a few minor differences they might as well not bother. Now, If they gave it the ability to climb over objects (Like the HW Scarab) then maybe.

> Ehh, no. I’m not a fan of throwing in vehicles left and right. If it’s simply a “Covenant Mantis” with a few minor differences they might as well not bother. Now, If they gave it the ability to climb over objects (Like the HW Scarab) then maybe.

I feel the same. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing a “Locust V2” replace the Wraith entirely

EDIT: Oh yeah, that render is amazing

The Locust is probably the best option for a Mantis counter without creating a whole new vehicle.

I couldn’t possibly imagine the Locust ending up as Mantis clone they’re just so different in weapons and design. You couldn’t do it unless you were trying to do it on purpose.

P.S GIANT ROBOT FIGHTS!!!

Storm Locust:

It’s weapons should be the Long Distance Beam, Which should have the DPS of the Warthog Turret, and have dual Plasma Cannons (Ghost DPS). also, each trigger activates a weapon, but they can’t be fired simultaneously. Pressing Y switches the Beam to Overcharge mode like it has in Halo Wars, Which drains it’s shields (it’s shields would be stronger than the Mantis shields, but the Vehicles health would be lower, Hitting both the Mantis and Locust with plasma weapons of all kinds [Including Vehicle ones] would lower shields faster) . In the same sense as holding the trigger in slightly gives the Ghost a slower boost, but it lasts longer, Holding the trigger in further increases the multiplier, Maxing at 1.6x (I will post shield drain rate/seconds below), but decreases your shields faster, and vice versa. Once your shields are depleted, you revert to the normal beam, and can’t use the overcharge until you have full shields again. there is an overheat for both weapons, while one is cooling, the other can still be used. to prevent a constant switch spam, the time it takes to cool-down should take longer than the overheat, so there is a skill gap with this vehicle. It has a potential Longer Range, when used correctly. It moves faster than the mantis going forward or backwards, but slower when “strafing” left or right.

the 3 Overcharge states are:

Regular Beam: Blue, 1x Multiplier, No Shield Drain

Overcharges, Y to switch to:

Trigger Held about 1/3s in: 1.2x Multiplier, 2/12s of your shields per second (6 seconds of continuous fire), Blue, thicker than normal beam.

Trigger Held about 2/3s in: 1.4x Multiplier, 3/12s of your shields per second (4 seconds of continuous fire), Purple, thicker than normal beam

Trigger Held fully in: 1.6 Multiplier, 6/12s of your shields per second (2 seconds of continuous fire), Red, Thicker than normal beam.

There should be three versions for forge. the one I stated above, which is purple, and a blue one, that has a the regular beam , the overcharge is a instant drop of all shields, but fires a spartan laser strength beam (blue beam), and takes a full cool-down to use the beam again, and the last one is concussion rifle colored, it fires concussion rifle shots instead of plasma cannons (12 before reload) and the same beam traits as the purple locust, it is better at close range covering itself, but not very good for long range cover when beam is unavailabe.

Well, maybe.
-Beam has moderate charge time.
-Beam is continuous, has to lead/track enemy targets.
-Can walk over rocks and over debris.
-Is only placed on maps that truly support it.

> Well, maybe.
> -Beam has moderate charge time.
> -Beam is continuous, has to lead/track enemy targets.
> -Can walk over rocks and over debris.
> -Is only placed on maps that truly support it.

Give a charge time (unless it’s the overcharge mode) and it will get hammered by a mantis at head-on with each other.
needs to have dual plasma cannons or a secondary defense like the mantis

I wouldn’t mind seeing this. Along with a human air vehicle.

> > Well, maybe.
> > -Beam has moderate charge time.
> > -Beam is continuous, has to lead/track enemy targets.
> > -Can walk over rocks and over debris.
> > -Is only placed on maps that truly support it.
>
> Give a charge time (unless it’s the overcharge mode) and it will get hammered by a mantis at head-on with each other.
> needs to have dual plasma cannons or a secondary defense like the mantis

It would probably be a short charge up time, like say a second or so. It would be quick enough that it would get damage out and not be too op

No, what -Yoink!- needs to do is create another Mech Assault. This was an original Xbox release and it was hands down one of my favorite games played in the Xbox today. Even MA2 was pretty fun to play, but why did they have to start OVER DESIGNING mech games. I don’t want to be in the cockpit, keep me in 3rd person of it’s shoulder.

Scrap Halo all together and build Mech Assault for the X1

It definitely would be a good Covenant vehicle to counter the Mantis. I think they should also bring other counterparts back into Halo, like the Spectre and the Hornet.

I realize that Halo games today want to focus on each vehicle having its own unique role, but I feel that adding more vehicles that are similar can promote creativity and customization when it comes to story and map designing. Not only would the Locust be a good counterpart to the Mantis, but it would also function differently and abide to people who prefer using Covenant vehicles when playing.

> > Well, maybe.
> > -Beam has moderate charge time.
> > -Beam is continuous, has to lead/track enemy targets.
> > -Can walk over rocks and over debris.
> > -Is only placed on maps that truly support it.
>
> Give a charge time (unless it’s the overcharge mode) and it will get hammered by a mantis at head-on with each other.
> needs to have dual plasma cannons or a secondary defense like the mantis

Maybe let it throw its front legs together to absorb damage then?

I love the idea of a Locust making it into the game, but I don’t think letting it climb walls is a good idea…and if we get 16v16 MM, the scarab would be the perfect addition.

> Scrap Halo all together and build Mech Assault for the X1

D:

Why not both?

Loads of people have been wanting the Scarab to be driveable. The Locust has been the balanced answer. It would also be the Covenant equivalent to the UNSC’s Mantis.

The Locust should’ve been brought back into Halo ever since it was first made in Halo Wars.

> Loads of people have been wanting the Scarab to be driveable. The Locust has been the balanced answer. It would also be the Covenant equivalent to the UNSC’s Mantis.
>
> The Locust should’ve been brought back into Halo ever since it was first made in Halo Wars.

The Scarab really can’t be compared to the Locust like that. Besides, balancing large vehicles like the Scarab and Mammoth is completely doable, it simply requires relatively easy ways to destroy them, and honestly the Scarab isn’t that tough.

> > Loads of people have been wanting the Scarab to be driveable. The Locust has been the balanced answer. It would also be the Covenant equivalent to the UNSC’s Mantis.
> >
> > The Locust should’ve been brought back into Halo ever since it was first made in Halo Wars.
>
> <mark>The Scarab really can’t be compared to the Locust like that.</mark> Besides, balancing large vehicles like the Scarab and Mammoth is completely doable, it simply requires relatively easy ways to destroy them, and honestly the Scarab isn’t that tough.

Think I worded that wrong. What I mean is, the Locust is the smaller Scarab basically, and in Halo (so far) super large vehicles like the Scarab and Mammoth have not been driveable. The Locust would bee the smaller driveable-Scarab solution.