Halo 5 Xbox Bundle

OK so I do not own a Xbox 1 but have pre-ordered and paid for the new halo 5 Xbox console. I also have the halo 5 lce reserved, but that was bc the console wasn’t announced yet. I have a couple of questions and grips.

1. So if I understand this correctly, I can pick the system up on the Oct 20th, but not actually get to play on the thing until the 27th. Is this correct? I’m pretty sure it is.
  2. If the above question is correct, then is it ridiculous to expect or ask that Microsoft could hook up people that buy the console and throw in the MCC so I don’t have to sit and stare at a gameless console for a week?
  3. Since the lce game download can be swapped out for the hard copy, can my version with the halo console be swapped out as well?
  4. Also, why isn’t their more incentive to buying the Xbox console. I mean, it only comes with 1 controller and a game download. Sure it has some custom sounds and it looks nice, but apart from that, I’m kind of getting short changed.
  5. Also is it ridiculous to think that maybe the halo 5 console should have the same stuff that the lce comes with?
    Thoughts, comments and info would be appreciated.
  1. You’re being butt raped. I so wanted to buy the Halo console (I also don’t have the Xbox one yet, its in the post), but just couldn’t justify the cost.

In the end I got a bundle from MS that will end up costing me around £330, with an extra controller and a copy of standard H5 (£300 without the extra controller), instead of the £400 Halo console, with the legendary copy I don’t actually want. Plus I’m a controller up.

Oh, I’ll lose out on 500GB disk space as well, but again that’s of no concern to me.

My advice, get a decent XBox bundle, sell any crap that come with it (make sure any games are physical), and buy H5, you’ll save a ton of cash. Don’t let the take advantage of you.

So basically you feel like the Halo 5 bundle doesn’t give you the bang for your buck. You want another free game, another controller, and the LCE. Sorry but you’ll have to buy those separately. You’re buying the Halo 5 bundle and will get one game and one controller with it. That’s the global product offered to you and you chose to the pay full price for it. You’re a free consumer. If you feel like this is a rip-off then you can choose to “vote” with you wallet and not buy it.

I bought the MCC bundle and I’m not expecting to get Halo 5 for free when I’m done with it. Be aware of your purchases, that’s all.

Well the difference between us two is that I can just as easily get my money back, since its not out yet. And I am being aware of my purchases by asking these questions and considering getting my money back. Thanks for the comment though.

> 2533274797313606;4:
> Well the difference between us two is that I can just as easily get my money back, since its not out yet. And I am being aware of my purchases by asking these questions and considering getting my money back. Thanks for the comment though.

You’re right. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

> 2533274817907732;5:
> > 2533274797313606;4:
> > Well the difference between us two is that I can just as easily get my money back, since its not out yet. And I am being aware of my purchases by asking these questions and considering getting my money back. Thanks for the comment though.
>
>
> You’re right. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

No your are fine, I expected all sorts of comments anyway. But serious question, has there been a bundle that came out with a game that you could not play the day you pick the console up? I mean, at least I get the game eventually, but it just doesn’t make sense to me.

Buy it man! i’ve already pre ordered mine >:)

Unless you honestly care about fancy Halo sounds, the Elite bundle is the best bang for your buck.

The console is the relic inthe package that is what 343 is going for in that package.

1. By the thing as in game, then yes. As in console? No. It’ll work just fine as a console.
  2. Not really. The bundle serves its purpose as a special edition console with 1tb memory and a custom controller. Want to play a game while you wait? Go buy one for cheap on Amazon or used. Or play a FTP game like Warframe
  3. It has not been confirmed. And 95% of the xbox bundles come with a digital copy, so blame MS for that one.
  4. Hmm. I’m actually inclined to agree here. The bundle should’ve been $440.
  5. No? Because the LCE is more than half the price of a standard Xbox console bundle. That would bump up the price to like, $600-$650

I too, do not own a XB1 and, just like you have pre-ordered the Halo 5 edition XB1. It’s not paid off but the good thing about pre-orders is, it’s kind of like a lay-away program but without the hassle. Perfect for someone like myself who does not make a lot of money.

With that being said I happy that I get a newer XB1 than those that have preceded. I get a 1TB Hardrive plus the newer controller that supports the 3.5mm headset jack. Two things early XB1 adopters do not have for the same price as when XB1 was first released. Then those who buy Halo 5 XB1 get a custom Halo 5 themed XB1 and controller which looks really good IMO. The colors are beautiful and will look nice on my entertainment stand. Not too mention the game as well with the same perks as the L.E. edition.

My only gripe is not having a physical copy. I’m a bit “old skool” so, I like having the game in my possession, even if it’s not required to have the disc, I just like the feeling of actually owning it. Having something in a virtual cloud/hardrive isn’t the same to me.

> 2533274795569076;11:
> I too, do not own a XB1 and, just like you have pre-ordered the Halo 5 edition XB1. It’s not paid off but the good thing about pre-orders is, it’s kind of like a lay-away program but without the hassle. Perfect for someone like myself who does not make a lot of money.
>
> With that being said I happy that I get a newer XB1 than those that have preceded. I get a 1TB Hardrive plus the newer controller that supports the 3.5mm headset jack. Two things early XB1 adopters do not have for the same price as when XB1 was first released. Then those who buy Halo 5 XB1 get a custom Halo 5 themed XB1 and controller which looks really good IMO. The colors are beautiful and will look nice on my entertainment stand. Not too mention the game as well with the same perks as the L.E. edition.
>
> My only gripe is not having a physical copy. I’m a bit “old skool” so, I like having the game in my possession, even if it’s not required to have the disc, I just like the feeling of actually owning it. Having something in a virtual cloud/hardrive isn’t the same to me.

I feel 100% differently.

I’m hugely disappointed with the Halo 5 console (as are my friends) None of us have X1 and were waiting for this bundle. Personally I don’t like the look, I don’t like the fact you get a digital version of the game, I don’t like how they make you get the LE version of the game with it which raises the price of the system bundle, I feel it’s hugely over priced and to top it off, with he announcement of the Elite Bundle, the fact your not getting there newer 1TB HD that is faster is a HUGE FU in the face. Like honesty, come on guys!!! Also if they’re targetting Halo 5 to the competitive crowds, why the heck don’t they have a bundle with the Elite controller??? I feel MS/343I REALLY dropped the ball with this bundle.

Because of this, I still think I’ll be getting X1 before Halo 5, but most certainly not the Halo 5 bundle. Btw I got the Halo3 and Halo4 system bundles which were much better packages then this one.

> 2533274797313606;1:
> OK so I do not own a Xbox 1 but have pre-ordered and paid for the new halo 5 Xbox console. I also have the halo 5 lce reserved, but that was bc the console wasn’t announced yet. I have a couple of questions and grips.
>
> 1. So if I understand this correctly, I can pick the system up on the Oct 20th, but not actually get to play on the thing until the 27th. Is this correct? I’m pretty sure it is.
> 2. If the above question is correct, then is it ridiculous to expect or ask that Microsoft could hook up people that buy the console and throw in the MCC so I don’t have to sit and stare at a gameless console for a week?
> 3. Since the lce game download can be swapped out for the hard copy, can my version with the halo console be swapped out as well?
> 4. Also, why isn’t their more incentive to buying the Xbox console. I mean, it only comes with 1 controller and a game download. Sure it has some custom sounds and it looks nice, but apart from that, I’m kind of getting short changed.
> 5. Also is it ridiculous to think that maybe the halo 5 console should have the same stuff that the lce comes with?
> Thoughts, comments and info would be appreciated.

Cost of Limited Edition = $99
Normal consoles = $350
Normal ‘themed’ consoles = $400
So… by normal pricing, it would be 499, what you are getting is exactly what you’re paying for.
Also, you get to download/install a week early. That should be enough to make you happy when you purchase it. Considering the LCE is 250$, why do you think you get a discount on regular console, AND get the most expensive game edition? :confused:

> 2535447317427844;13:
> > 2533274797313606;1:
> > OK so I do not own a Xbox 1 but have pre-ordered and paid for the new halo 5 Xbox console. I also have the halo 5 lce reserved, but that was bc the console wasn’t announced yet. I have a couple of questions and grips.
> >
> > 1. So if I understand this correctly, I can pick the system up on the Oct 20th, but not actually get to play on the thing until the 27th. Is this correct? I’m pretty sure it is.
> > 2. If the above question is correct, then is it ridiculous to expect or ask that Microsoft could hook up people that buy the console and throw in the MCC so I don’t have to sit and stare at a gameless console for a week?
> > 3. Since the lce game download can be swapped out for the hard copy, can my version with the halo console be swapped out as well?
> > 4. Also, why isn’t their more incentive to buying the Xbox console. I mean, it only comes with 1 controller and a game download. Sure it has some custom sounds and it looks nice, but apart from that, I’m kind of getting short changed.
> > 5. Also is it ridiculous to think that maybe the halo 5 console should have the same stuff that the lce comes with?
> > Thoughts, comments and info would be appreciated.
>
>
> Cost of Limited Edition = $99
> Normal consoles = $350
> Normal ‘themed’ consoles = $400
> So… by normal pricing, it would be 499, what you are getting is exactly what you’re paying for.
> Also, you get to download/install a week early. That should be enough to make you happy when you purchase it. Considering the LCE is 250$, why do you think you get a discount on regular console, AND get the most expensive game edition? :confused:

Well there are two other Xbox one bundles that seem to be a better deal. Start with the Forza Xbox, u get it themed Xbox and the game for $400. So that’s already a better deal. Then the newly announced Xbox one elite bundle. It comes with the new hybrid drive and an elite controller for $499. The controller is $150.00 alone. So yeah, I’d say there are better xboxs out there. So essentially, the Xbox that I have been waiting for for 2 years comes with just the system and a le version of the game, which doesn’t even come with the hard copy. I’d actually like the standard copy so I get the hard copy. And as far as the idea of me being able to download the game a week early should make me happy, I still have to sit around for a week before I can even play it. Not sure if staring at an icon for a week before playing it makes you happy, but it does nothing for me. So yeah I think throwing in the statues in the Xbox bundle wouldn’t be a bad idea.