Halo 5 - Worst selling & Lowest Rated Halo Game!

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

Sales are the weakest they have even been for any new original Halo FPS game (this excludes Halo games that were republished). Even Halo ODST and Reach (which was solid) outsold Halo 5. With the exception of Halo ODST (which was really just an expansion), this is the lowest rated Halo FPS ever (Halo MCC was at the same level even with many of the critics stating the multiplayer didn’t work). Master Chief was barely in there as well (not surprised with the sales as Microsoft is giving up their star).
What do you think is going wrong with Microsoft and 343? I think 343 needs new leadership and a new direction to get Halo back on track. What do you think needs to be done to fix 343 and return the Halo series to greatness (think fixing it for Halo 6, 7, etc as Halo 5 is what it is now). Right now, Halo is not a system seller anymore.
Here are the UK sales numbers (please note Halo 3 was released 2 years after xbox 360 just like Halo 5 was released two years after xbox one):
Notes: Yes, I know none of these numbers included digital sales. Halo 3 Sold 370k and Halo 5 sold 150k. The difference between the two is substantially larger than digital sales (the difference is 220k !). The sales for each game is measured in the same amount of time (or release days). It’s apples to apples.

• Halo: Combat Evolved - Sales Unknown. - Halo 2 - 260,000 - Halo 3 - 370,000 - Halo 3: ODST - 212,000 - Halo: Reach - 390,000 - Halo 4 - 332,000 - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 105,000~ - Halo 5: Guardians - 150,000Ratings: Gamerankings / Metacritic (rounded to the nearest whole number)

• Halo: Combat Evolved - 96/97 - Halo 2 - 95/95 - Halo 3 - 94/94 - Halo 3: ODST - 85/83 - Halo: Reach - 92/91 - Halo 4 - 88/87 - Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 85/85 - Halo 5: Guardians - 85/85We got to save the Series! The same as been occurring in other regions.

> 2535437141410326;1:
> Sales are the weakest they have even been for any new original Halo FPS game (this excludes Halo games that were republished). Even Halo ODST and Reach (which was solid) outsold Halo 5. With the exception of Halo ODST (which was really just an expansion), this is the lowest rated Halo FPS ever (Halo MCC was at the same level even with many of the critics stating the multiplayer didn’t work). Master Chief was barely in there as well (not surprised with the sales as Microsoft is giving up their star).
> What do you think is going wrong with Microsoft and 343? I think 343 needs new leadership and a new direction to get Halo back on track. What do you think needs to be done to fix 343 and return the Halo series to greatness (think fixing it for Halo 6, 7, etc as Halo 5 is what it is now). Right now, Halo is not a system seller anymore.

343 didn’t focus on catering to casual gamers like me.

We casual gamers represent the largest demographic of gamer. We are the money.

You messed up, 343. This is a URL link to some interesting information.

Your comment about sales is ridiculous. The X1 is far less popular than the 360 is in Europe and the game has been out for less than a week, so how would you know the overall sales figures? The game is pretty much guaranteed to have good legs for the rest of the generation.
Also digital buyers need not apply to your “evidence”.

Sure, Halo needs some serious new direction, but I want see the -Yoinked!- up -Yoink- they come up with at 343 for Halo 6.

I don’t know if this is speculation or there’s an official source for it, but I recall someone mentioning that the digital sales weren’t counted towards the sale total of the video game.

No sales figures released. Its been in the top 3 most played all week on Xbox not to mention many people wont even buy the game until December. (Mostly forgers and kids whose family will only buy games for their children for Christmas).

lmao nice source prophet of truth
halo 5 sales aren’t out and literally 90% of the reviews are low because of stuff like no splitscreen, no forge at launch (ONE OF WHICH HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR MONTHS), casuals speedrunning the campaign on easy and skipping the cutscenes, and in general fanboys form bungie and PSN hating on the game because it threatens them its so good.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

> 2533274944778648;3:
> Your comment about sales is ridiculous. The X1 has sold far less than the 360 has and the game has been out for less than a week, so how would you know the sales figures? The game is pretty much guaranteed to have good legs for the rest of the generation.

The truth shall set you free… This is a URL link to some interesting information.

> 2535472175656268;2:
> > 2535437141410326;1:
> > Sales are the weakest they have even been for any new original Halo FPS game (this excludes Halo games that were republished). Even Halo ODST and Reach (which was solid) outsold Halo 5. With the exception of Halo ODST (which was really just an expansion), this is the lowest rated Halo FPS ever (Halo MCC was at the same level even with many of the critics stating the multiplayer didn’t work). Master Chief was barely in there as well (not surprised with the sales as Microsoft is giving up their star).
> > What do you think is going wrong with Microsoft and 343? I think 343 needs new leadership and a new direction to get Halo back on track. What do you think needs to be done to fix 343 and return the Halo series to greatness (think fixing it for Halo 6, 7, etc as Halo 5 is what it is now). Right now, Halo is not a system seller anymore.
>
>
> 343 didn’t focus on catering to casual gamers like me.
>
> We casual gamers represent the largest demographic of gamer. We are the money.
>
> You messed up, 343.

Amen to this! 343 is catering to pros and not casual gamers. I play MLG with easy but I like casual as well but this halo is a joke.

Sales data hasn’t been released…

> 2535437141410326;1:
> Sales are the weakest they have even been for any new original Halo FPS game (this excludes Halo games that were republished). Even Halo ODST and Reach (which was solid) outsold Halo 5. With the exception of Halo ODST (which was really just an expansion), this is the lowest rated Halo FPS ever (Halo MCC was at the same level even with many of the critics stating the multiplayer didn’t work). Master Chief was barely in there as well (not surprised with the sales as Microsoft is giving up their star).
>
> What do you think is going wrong with Microsoft and 343? I think 343 needs new leadership and a new direction to get Halo back on track. What do you think needs to be done to fix 343 and return the Halo series to greatness (think fixing it for Halo 6, 7, etc as Halo 5 is what it is now). Right now, Halo is not a system seller anymore.

This post are so pointless. If you enjoy the gams then enjoy the game. Stop trying to fit in and be a hypebeast.

> 2535472175656268;8:
> > 2533274944778648;3:
> > Your comment about sales is ridiculous. The X1 has sold far less than the 360 has and the game has been out for less than a week, so how would you know the sales figures? The game is pretty much guaranteed to have good legs for the rest of the generation.
>
>
> The truth shall set you free…

That isn’t the truth, that is a day one sales figure. X1 isn’t popular in europe so it isn’t a surprise. Find me one for the US, and then we’ll see.

> 2533274944778648;3:
> Your comment about sales is ridiculous. The X1 has sold far less than the 360 has and the game has been out for less than a week, so how would you know the sales figures? The game is pretty much guaranteed to have good legs for the rest of the generation.

Sales figures for the first week have been published. Let’s not forget other games came out when the xbox and the 360 were new. They sold quite well. People are simply not buying Halo like they use to. Halo 3 for instance was released exactly two years after the xbox 360 so there are no excuses (same with xbox one). Halo 3 actually outsold Halo 5 by 245% during the same time period.

Well, it is strange there has been no mention of sales from MS. They always have a PR release about the first 3 days of Halo sales. If nothing comes this week you know it was bad.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

> 2533274944778648;3:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/halo-5-is-the-least-selling-main-halo-game-in-uk-history-35399
Population numbers will never keep up with previous Halo games either.
There is a reason 343 took out the population counters. They don’t want their failures to be publicized.
Halo has not been a system seller since 343 took over.

Fans of the franchise at least know this game is better than Reach and H4 multiplayer wise, then again it doesn’t really bother me if its the lowest sold and rated if I enjoy it and it has a healthy population.

Th OP is so ignorant I don’t know whether to laugh or cry at his statements. Of course Halo: ODST, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 sold more during their respective release periods, the Xbox 360 had an install base of over 35 million in 2009 an nearly 60 million in 2012. Why are people who lack common sense the one’s who create the most threads?

> 2535437141410326;13:
> > 2533274944778648;3:
> > Your comment about sales is ridiculous. The X1 has sold far less than the 360 has and the game has been out for less than a week, so how would you know the sales figures? The game is pretty much guaranteed to have good legs for the rest of the generation.
>
>
> Sales figures for the first week have been published. Let’s not forget other games came out when the xbox and the 360 were new. They sold quite well. People are simply not buying Halo like they use to. Halo 3 for instance was released exactly two years after the xbox 360 so there are no excuses (same with xbox one). Halo 3 actually outsold Halo 5 by 245% during the same time period.

The X1 is nowhere near the 360 in terms of popularity in Europe. The install base in Europe is a 1/4 of the one in the US, and Halo 3 had far less competition than Halo 5 currently does.

> 2533274833483167;6:
> No sales figures released. Its been in the top 3 most played all week on Xbox not to mention many people wont even buy the game until December. (Mostly forgers and kids whose family will only buy games for their children for Christmas).

4qZTvWe.pngHalo 3 was number ONE for several weeks in a row when it launched.

Top 3 most played is not an achievement to brag about for a Halo title within 1 week of launch. That spells bad news for the future.

> 2661278886966564;14:
> Well, it is strange there has been no mention of sales from MS. They always have a PR release about the first 3 days of Halo sales. If nothing comes this week you know it was bad.

Can’t blame Microsoft for staying quiet when the news isn’t good.

Can’t blame Sony for rubbing it in Microsoft’s face if Sony chooses to do so.