Halo 5: Worst Sales of halo game?

I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
the lack of splitscreen
the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.

Edit:
these numbers are probably wrong because I made the mistake of trusting Halofollower. I also am not hating on the new developments like Spartan abilities. I personally appreciate 343’s attempt to change halo. However, I think what the haters are looking for is another Halo 2

Not sure where you got information from but in day one halo 5 was one of the most sold halo games to date

just sayin

<mark>Do not flame/attack others.</mark>

isuckathalo101 i think you are on crack halo 5 was one of the best selling halo games so check the facts before you post dumb -Yoink!-

> 2533274949773511;1:
> I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
> the lack of splitscreen
> the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
> the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
> That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.

Where did you hear that it was the worst in terms of Sales?

halo 5 is one of the best selling halo games

> 2533274888057089;4:
> > 2533274949773511;1:
> > I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
> > the lack of splitscreen
> > the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
> > the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
> > That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.
>
>
> Where did you hear that it was the worst in terms of Sales?

Halofollower, the most reliable source ever /s.

The numbers I’ve seen have been pretty deceiving. The two most quoted statistics have been that Halo 5 is the best selling Xbox One exclusive yet, which isn’t terribly hard when your competition is basically Sunset Overdrive and Forza. The other one is that it sold $400 million worth of hardware and software in its first week - which is extremely deceiving because the console, collector’s, and limited edition are all rolled into that, which sell for $500, $250, and $100 respectively.

It’s like the Soviet newspaper saying that they were runners-up in the Olympics, and that the United States finished second to last - out of two teams. You have to look beyond the statistics and see the spin that the author puts on it. Saying you sold $400 million worth of merch is way better than saying you sold only 2 million copies of the game (if that is even the case).

fallout 4 and COD. They picked a bad time to release.

(1) http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2015/Global/
(2) http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42316/Global/
(3) http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42330/Global/
(4) http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/

Halo 5 had ~ 1.700.000 sales after ~ 2 weeks [link 2] and ~ 2.000.000 sales after ~ 4 weeks [link 3]. Compared with Halo 4’s release in the year 2012 [link 4], which was sold for 8 weeks in the mentioned year around ~ 7.200.000 times (plus one year later: so stand: end 2013 ~ 8.900.000 [Halo 4]), - Halo 5’s sales declined on only 40-50% of the usual ammout of sales (in the best valued from now). ->

-> Compared with Halo 3 (released 2007) with ~ 8.800.000 in 2008* sales, Halo 3:ODST (released 2009) with ~ 5.700.000 sales in 2010* and Halo:Reach (released 2010) with ~ 8.700.000 in 2011* - please note that these realeases have had a higher frequency than the time after Halo 4’s release - this result is more than bad or dramatic; it shows a sudden termination of sales; which is never good for a lot of reasons. (Chances to get out of this are usually near zero; not like in a situation with a floating, constant decline or a progessively decline.)
Halo:The Master Chief Collection has had only ~ 1.800.000 sales in the year 2014*, in which it was released, too.

*end of the year
[link 1 not used, but it shows the latest status.].

> 2533274911267611;8:
> fallout 4 and COD. They picked a bad time to release.

This sounds logical, but seen from a business perspective, it is not a real argument. After all it is a “bad time” for the other competitors, too. But they didn’t cared the collision course, or they intentionally wanted to take it.
Checking the sales of the Call of Duty Franchise will show, that this “bad release time” with a lot of competitioners doesn’t mean, that the target group can’t be enlarged in this situation. Activision’s and Treyarch’s Black Ops 3 sold better than last years Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013), which slightly passed Advanced Warfare now. (Old rule: Conservative people buy slower - and Ghosts has a realy conservative setting, if you ask me as gamer :p)

It looks like Microsoft and 343 Industries tried to break out a bit, by setting their release date (for Halo 5) in Oct not Nov; and tried to generate a hype on Halo 5’s sales before even the first numbers were known. Also it looks like, that this tactic failed - and the articles in which Halo 5 is treated as a super successful release (without mentioning the reason) can backfire now with a lot of damage - also for the people who published these articles.

> 2533274952668120;5:
> halo 5 is one of the best selling halo games

These people here (so including the one who gave that line a “Like”) maybe found one of the articles about the “big Halo 5 release” and put one and one together and think now “this means they have a lot of sales” - as planed by the people who published these articles. But they never talked about sales or concrete numbers in the articles about Halo 5’s successful release.
The net is full of similar to identical articles, or should I better say “ads”?!

Pretty dangerous now, now where the real numbers are out - and so low; it was a risky (and mostly unpleasant) game that failed here.
(Similar to the presentation of the XBox One which was still full of DRM-Stuff and obviously failed it’s main target group - just virtual now.)

Or maybe we found a virtual gate to an altered, mirrored universe - or at least - the wish fas father to the thought here. :t
It must feel realy bad, if your favorite franchise is dying (no sarcasm); but twisting the reality won’t make things better - only worse.

Time to leave the ship now - hold the breath and out through the salty water. 8P

> 2535428825532022;9:
> (1) http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2015/Global/
> (2) http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42316/Global/
> (3) http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/42330/Global/
> (4) http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2012/Global/
>
> Halo 5 had ~ 1.700.000 sales after ~ 2 weeks [link 2] and ~ 2.000.000 sales after ~ 4 weeks [link 3]. Compared with Halo 4’s release in the year 2012 [link 4], which was sold for 8 weeks in the mentioned year around ~ 7.200.000 times (plus one year later: so stand: end 2013 ~ 8.900.000 [Halo 4]), - Halo 5’s sales declined on only 40-50% of the usual ammout of sales (in the best valued from now). ->
>
> -> Compared with Halo 3 (released 2007) with ~ 8.800.000 in 2008* sales, Halo 3:ODST (released 2009) with ~ 5.700.000 sales in 2010* and Halo:Reach (released 2010) with ~ 8.700.000 in 2011* - please note that these realeases have had a higher frequency than the time after Halo 4’s release - this result is more than bad or dramatic; it shows a sudden termination of sales; which is never good for a lot of reasons. (Chances to get out of this are usually near zero; not like in a situation with a floating, constant decline or a progessively decline.)
> Halo:The Master Chief Collection has had only ~ 1.800.000 sales in the year 2014*, in which it was released, too.
>
> *end of the year
> [link 1 not used, but it shows the latest status.].
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274911267611;8:
> > fallout 4 and COD. They picked a bad time to release.
>
>
> This sounds logical, but seen from a business perspective, it is not a real argument. After all it is a “bad time” for the other competitors, too. But they didn’t cared the collision course, or they intentionally wanted to take it.
> Checking the sales of the Call of Duty Franchise will show, that this “bad release time” with a lot of competitioners doesn’t mean, that the target group can’t be enlarged in this situation. Activision’s and Treyarch’s Black Ops 3 sold better than last years Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013), which slightly passed Advanced Warfare now. (Old rule: Conservative people buy slower - and Ghosts has a realy conservative setting, if you ask me as gamer :p)
>
> It looks like Microsoft and 343 Industries tried to break out a bit, by setting their release date (for Halo 5) in Oct not Nov; and tried to generate a hype on Halo 5’s sales before even the first numbers were known. Also it looks like, that this tactic failed - and the articles in which Halo 5 is treated as a super successful release (without mentioning the reason) can backfire now with a lot of damage - also for the people who published these articles.
>
>
>
>
> > 2533274952668120;5:
> > halo 5 is one of the best selling halo games
>
>
> These people here (so including the one who gave that line a “Like”) maybe found one of the articles about the “big Halo 5 release” and put one and one together and think now “this means they have a lot of sales” - as planed by the people who published these articles. But they never talked about sales or concrete numbers in the articles about Halo 5’s successful release.
> The net is full of similar to identical articles, or should I better say “ads”?!
>
> Pretty dangerous now, now where the real numbers are out - and so low; it was a risky (and mostly unpleasant) game that failed here.
> (Similar to the presentation of the XBox One which was still full of DRM-Stuff and obviously failed it’s main target group - just virtual now.)
>
> Or maybe we found a virtual gate to an altered, mirrored universe - or at least - the wish fas father to the thought here. :t
> It must feel realy bad, if your favorite franchise is dying (no sarcasm); but twisting the reality won’t make things better - only worse.
>
> Time to leave the ship now - hold the breath and out through the salty water. 8P

Christmas seasons coming up though. Price drops will be happening. Those 10 year olds will be getting the game for christmas (which will be annoying for the rest of us). Sales will go up. I personally havent seen anything but good things said about halo 5. Honestly at this point in time it is now my favorite halo. I love the graphics, gameplay, etc. Time is key to telling how much more sales it will get though.

> 2535432958296886;10:
> > 2535428825532022;9:
> > […]
>
>
> Christmas seasons coming up though. Price drops will be happening. Those 10 year olds will be getting the game for christmas (which will be annoying for the rest of us). Sales will go up. I personally havent seen anything but good things said about halo 5. Honestly at this point in time it is now my favorite halo. I love the graphics, gameplay, etc. Time is key to telling how much more sales it will get though.

All past numbers were influenced by the Christmas “selling boost”, too. This factor is already considered.

Don’t understand me wrong, I don’t hate Halo as a gamer - nor it is a bad game in general (only tested Halo 5 - never bought it myself). But this is far of being enuagh to save this franchise, especially after all these fails. I think even Halo 6 is now in danger of being cancelled - at least it would be a good idea to think about this option - sure, spoken from a business perspective, not a gamer perspective. :t

Remember when “they” hyped Halo 5 with an cataclysmic event and that the galaxy would never be the same?
Well, it looks like this (the sales of Halo 5!) are this cataclysmic event that changed everything in the Halo Universe irrevesibly.

I guess 343 Industries Studios never knew that, too - until now. >8D

turns around and walks evil laughing away

Well, to things to notice. One, comparatively, not sure, but I am fairly certain, if you were to compare install base and sales, that Halo 5 Guardians is on track to sell the same percentage as Halo 4. Halo 5 Guardians has 2 million physical units sold, safe to assume, and with digital, lets assume thats 2.5, which is rather generous. That means that, with a 17 million console install base, it sits at about 14.7% in terms of user base. Halo 3 has sold about 12 million lifetime sales. With 80 million Xbox 360s, thats a 15% install base usage percentage.

NPD data for October and November. In October, Halo 5 was first. In November, it was 8th. But it was the only exclusive, and outsold AC Syndicate. It was outsold by, in order; Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, Battlefront, Madden, NBA, FIFA, Need for Speed.

Keep in mind NPD does not track Bundles or Digital sales. I just want to point out that Halo has been one of the biggest game recently where the incentive to purchase digitally outweighed the incentives to purchase physically. (In the US only) No splitscreen means no trying to take the game to a friends place to play it. Playing at midnight for release. Microsoft Store sales. And the comfort of not leaving the house. People dont tend to sell Halo back to the store unless the really despised it, its akin to having the entire Metal Gear collection on a shelf. It looks cool.

This is one of the worst selling Halo games, but the reasons aren’t as simple as suggested here.

Did lack of splitscreen and forge hurt? Surely some. But gamers in general have shown that they aren’t generally against buying games that are single player only. Yes this is the first Halo to do this, but the game has other redeeming qualities. It’s not like the game instantly becomes boring if you don’t have someone next to you. Lack of content at launch never helps matters.

The real issue is the decline of the strength of the Halo Brand. When Halo 1,2, and 3 game out, the brand was GROWING. Even though these games were coming out on consoles with limited installed bases, it was amassing a ton of sales. Yes they were great games, but also there was little competition in the Console FPS space.

ODST, Reach, and Halo 4, sold well, but they all failed to GROW the brand. DESPITE the increase in the Xbox 360 installed base, sales remained high, but flat. This means the series has peaked.

not feeling like classic halo is certainly not the issue. The fact that halo has seen it peak indicates that the classic formula needed tweaking in order to stay relevant. Halo 5 feels like a good evolution of the series, just like Halo 2 did.

now that Halo 5 launched on a less popular console, against stiff competition like Blops3, TTK, Battlefront, and Fallout 4, the effects of being on the otherside of the peak are extremely visible.

The good news is, that this is probably the most profitable Halo ever. The amount of money they are making through req sales must be insane if they were inclined to spends over $1million of their proceeds to the HCS prize pool. So surely 343i will get more opportunity to build on what worked and fix the things that didn’t work. There’s no way sequels are in danger of cancellation. Also, other exclusives would dream of selling like Halo 5. Just because it didn’t sell like H3 doesn’t mean they aren’t making money.

> 2533275011491088;6:
> > 2533274888057089;4:
> > > 2533274949773511;1:
> > > I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
> > > the lack of splitscreen
> > > the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
> > > the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
> > > That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.
> >
> >
> > Where did you hear that it was the worst in terms of Sales?
>
>
> Halofollower, the most reliable source ever /s.

Apparently HaloFollower doesn’t count my copy of the game as a sale because I own it digitally.

> 2533274846307559;14:
> > 2533275011491088;6:
> > > 2533274888057089;4:
> > > > 2533274949773511;1:
> > > > I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
> > > > the lack of splitscreen
> > > > the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
> > > > the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
> > > > That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.
> > >
> > >
> > > Where did you hear that it was the worst in terms of Sales?
> >
> >
> > Halofollower, the most reliable source ever /s.
>
>
> Apparently HaloFollower doesn’t count my copy of the game as a sale because I own it digitally.

Nor mine.

OMG. Halo 5 didn’t sell a bijillion copies? FAILURE!

EDIT: Digital here as well.

> 2533274846307559;14:
> > 2533275011491088;6:
> > > 2533274888057089;4:
> > > > 2533274949773511;1:
> > > > I think halo 5 has the worst sales because of,
> > > > the lack of splitscreen
> > > > the lack of the general “halo” feel any halo game has
> > > > the lack of forge in the beginning( this one is a big one, No Forge= Less community)
> > > > That’s all I can think of, I would like to hear other reasons down below.
> > >
> > >
> > > Where did you hear that it was the worst in terms of Sales?
> >
> >
> > Halofollower, the most reliable source ever /s.
>
>
> Apparently HaloFollower doesn’t count my copy of the game as a sale because I own it digitally.

Digital sales usually only account for 20% of all sales. Even if you assume it’s 30% for H5, it still isn’t one of the better Halo launches.

Still it’s not all gloom and doom. It’s still the best selling exclusive this gen. Nothing comes close. It’s also raking in $

Idk much about sales, but i know for sure sales declined by a lot in comparison to other halo titles after 4 weeks…and the MAJOR population drop after 4 weeks…343 ruined halo for good

It was one of the best halo sales?

> 2533274952668120;5:
> halo 5 is one of the best selling halo games

No it isn’t, the only reason it looks that was is because they included hardware sales in the $ figure they put out. 1 console = six copies of the game. The game actually sold fewer copies than all the previous titles before it, that could be attributed to the fail of the Xbox One.