Halo 5 without hitmarker pings sounds good!

So in one of the bulletins they showcased the sounddesigns for weapons in Halo 5 and I noticed they did not have the hitmarker pings turned on. Did they have a headshot sound though and a kill sound but it immediately sounded so much better without having to hear an annoying ping everytime I hit someone.

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7avhwt-5SBU (it starts at 4:55)

I really want 343 to remove the annoying and pointless hitmarker pings, they just make the sound more cluttered and distracting.

Hit marker ping also occur on grenades which are perfect for clarity and knowing when to push. I sincerly hope the hit pings stay in the game.

Sorry, but I firmly disagree with you post.

> 2533274797604373;2:
> Hit marker ping also occur on grenades which are perfect for clarity and knowing when to push. I sincerly hope the hit pings stay in the game.

I’m getting tired of all the ping sounds and high frequency sounds in the game, what happened to the good and still perfect gamesounds like the shield recharge sounds and stuff like that. Everything is full of beeps and high frequency pings it’s ANNOYING.

I agree. I hope they will remove them or at least give us the choice to in the options.
What I don’t understand is that hitmarkers are useless because in Halo, we already see if we hit with the shields ligthing, so why add hitmarkers AND now another thing with those noises … Sure you can see and know if you hit someone when you throw a grenade behind something but I think it removes something in Halo (like grenade indicators, which are gone in H5 for the better).

Please give us the choice for hitmarkers and pings, we should be able to disable them.

> 2533274797604373;2:
> Hit marker ping also occur on grenades which are perfect for clarity and knowing when to push. I sincerly hope the hit pings stay in the game.
>
> Sorry, but I firmly disagree with you post.

Hit markers give feedback when there should be none.

You should push when you SEE shields pop or when you are confident that you landed your throw. Why do you need your hand held?

PS the headshot sound can stay… It’s very satifying…

> 2676692992818466;5:
> > 2533274797604373;2:
> > Hit marker ping also occur on grenades which are perfect for clarity and knowing when to push. I sincerly hope the hit pings stay in the game.
> >
> > Sorry, but I firmly disagree with you post.
>
>
> Hit markers give feedback when there should be none.
>
> You should push when you SEE shields pop or when you are confident that you landed your throw. Why do you need your hand held?
>
> PS the headshot sound can stay… It’s very satifying…

Exactly. That’s why they should give us the choice. I can understand they give tips for new players but in the old Halo games, new players had to adapt and improve, that’s all. We all started as new players, even if it was in an older Halo, we were all newcomers at a time.

> 2533274854999879;3:
> > 2533274797604373;2:
> > Hit marker ping also occur on grenades which are perfect for clarity and knowing when to push. I sincerly hope the hit pings stay in the game.
>
>
>
> I’m getting tired of all the ping sounds and high frequency sounds in the game, what happened to the good and still perfect gamesounds like the shield recharge sounds and stuff like that. Everything is full of beeps and high frequency pings it’s ANNOYING.

As long as the hit-ping sound serve a purpose they should stay.

Extraneous sounds that should removed are the Spartans complimentary chatter. I don’t need to hear, “nice headshot” after every snipe kill.