Halo 5 with Xbox One Elite Controller

How does the Xbox One Elite Controller handle in Halo 5? Does the button mapping and layout make it more efficient in player response and reaction reaction time? I’m curious if it something work getting or ground breaking? Thank you!

i have the elite controller, you can map the buttons to whatever suits you more, and once you learn the back paddles are there and use them as second nature then that allows you to be more efficient. HOWEVER, simply having this type of controller doesnt make you a “better player”, the controller wont make you better at the game. The controller handles the same as any other, original, scuf, sharq… theres just extra buttons

I have the elite controller. I’ve mapped weapon switch, jump, melee, and boost to the paddles. So far I’m loving it.

Only thing is if you do the hair triggers you need to adjust the sensitivity on the right trigger to 10 so you can still charge weapons, otherwise it’s pretty simple.

Thank you for the feedback iD kronix and Legundo! That’s what I was looking for!

> 2533274828315690;4:
> Thank you for the feedback iD kronix and Legundo! That’s what I was looking for!

not a problem, anymore questions just ask

I’m jealous of all of you with Elite Controllers!

I absolutely love mine. I have been running the default controller setup (normally run Bumper Jumper) and played the first night with a regular controller. On Tuesday I picked up my Elite and it really changed the game for me. I currently have jump, crouch, thruster, and nade switch on my paddles, so it makes your strafe much more efficient, but you can remap any button with the easy-to-use app.

For me, I was initially on the fence about the price tag, but I think it is completely worth it.

that sounds great i will be getting my elite controller this weekend… nothing like turkey and halo Happy Turkey Day EVERYONE

While I love mine, it really is just a luxury item. I like the paddles and being able to map all my buttons wherever, but it’s not going to make you become some FPS god. However, if 150 bucks isn’t that a big a deal and gaming is your primary hobby, I think it’s a good buy.

Also, I’ve heard that Microsoft is planning to make all controllers map-able, so if that’s your biggest draw maybe just wait.

The back pedals are wonderful. I typically play bumper jumper so I can keep aiming while jumping. But with the addition of sprint and thrusters, I still found myself taking my thumb off the aiming stick for movements until I got an elite controller.

Plus, they have a terrible bumper jumper set-up for the regular controller. The back paddles are the best part of the controller.

> 2533274828315690;1:
> How does the Xbox One Elite Controller handle in Halo 5? Does the button mapping and layout make it more efficient in player response and reaction reaction time? I’m curious if it something work getting or ground breaking? Thank you!

With the addition of ground pound, thrusters, slide, sprint, you have more midcombat moves than accessible buttons. By accessible buttons, I mean any button that requires you to take your finger off the aim stick. So depending on which configuration you choose, you’re going to be throwing away 2 or 3 mid combat moves. The elite controller lets you map these to the back paddles and now all your mid combat moves are available. I have bumper jumper with aim and thrust mapped to the back paddles. It’s real nice and smooth.

> 2533274809451838;3:
> I have the elite controller. I’ve mapped weapon switch, jump, melee, and boost to the paddles. So far I’m loving it.
>
> Only thing is if you do the hair triggers you need to adjust the sensitivity on the right trigger to 10 so you can still charge weapons, otherwise it’s pretty simple.

With the hair triggers, is the rate of fire on the BR, Magnum and DMR really improved?

> 2535407296651900;9:
> While I love mine, it really is just a luxury item. I like the paddles and being able to map all my buttons wherever, but it’s not going to make you become some FPS god. However, if 150 bucks isn’t that a big a deal and gaming is your primary hobby, I think it’s a good buy.
>
> Also, I’ve heard that Microsoft is planning to make all controllers map-able, so if that’s your biggest draw maybe just wait.

You can actually do the button mapping features for all Microsoft controllers since the new update was launched. You just need to go to devices and click on the controller and it’ll give you the button mapping option! I haven’t tried the Elite yet, but I’m interested in looking more into it!

Since using my elite controller i’ve not gone back to my other ones. The re-mapping on the buttons is great and the paddles on the back really fall exactly where your fingers wrap round the controller. I only use 2 paddles as my brain was getting all messed up trying to use all four. got boost and jump on the back which is great for mid-air combat and keeping your thumb on the stick for aiming. its helped my gaming definitly so i’ve gone from a crap player to a not bad player.

I want the elite controller… My scuf bites.

Only gripe with the elite controller is how sentitive the back paddles are and (mine being mapped to A and B) I often find myself accidently clicking things in menus, especially when I’m putting the controller down then I’m suddenly searching for a game.

> 2533274819330655;13:
> > 2533274809451838;3:
> > I have the elite controller. I’ve mapped weapon switch, jump, melee, and boost to the paddles. So far I’m loving it.
> >
> > Only thing is if you do the hair triggers you need to adjust the sensitivity on the right trigger to 10 so you can still charge weapons, otherwise it’s pretty simple.
>
>
> With the hair triggers, is the rate of fire on the BR, Magnum and DMR really improved?

For those weapons maybe a marginal tick on ROF but more physical than getting an in-game benefit if that makes sense. There is still a built-in ROF for those you can’t beat. With the carbine though it really makes a difference and is great fun.

I just joined your ranks! My wife bought me the GameStop bundle that includes the Elite controller and Halo 5 (also I bought the new ChatPad for it), it arrives this Thursday and i’m so excited. She got a new mechanical keyboard, monitor and video card so everyone’s happy :slight_smile:

i wish i could find the elite controller without buying the bundle