Halo 5 will sell like hotcakes!

Like all existing franchise there will be people that don’t like it, but no matter what is said or done Halo has always and will always sell well.

It’ll sell well but will it stay relevant?
Halo 4 sold well but more than 80% of the initial population left within 3 months and never came back.
Halo 5 will likely follow the same path.

Exactly why they dont need to mess with the mechanics in order to appeal to COD players.

selling well =/= doing well

People want to buy cars
Hey i knowingly sold 100,000 broken cars and word has gotten out about me not giving refunds and them being broken
I got new cars to sell wonder why people are hesitant to buy from me this time.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274906260756;1:
> Like all existing franchise there will be people that don’t like it, but no matter what is said or done Halo has always and will always sell well.

Halo will sell well because of what bungie has done. 343 is making half -Yoink- crap and taking credit for what bungie did. I’m not buying this halo 5 hot cake either cause it’s full of crap on the inside. Garbage garbage garbage:p

Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.

On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.

Who cares about popularity? This isn’t highschool. Buy the games you want to play. Play the games you like. Get a tattoo of the games you love.

> 2533274812935863;7:
> Who cares about popularity? This isn’t highschool. Buy the games you want to play. Play the games you like. Get a tattoo of the games you love.

The reason the popularity is important is because if there is no population then games will not be competitive. After six months in Halo 4 I got two types of games, the ones where I could wreck the entire team by myself no matter the gametype and games where I am playing a group of four that crushed me and my friends. There was no middle ground, if a game has no population then players will just be matched up with the best connection. Being dominated or dominating people isn’t fun, occasionally it’s fun to own a team but it gets old quick. For example if you go on the MCC right now and play H2A you will have 50’s ranked with 6’s because the population is so low the game just makes the quickest match.

> 2743710844422774;8:
> > 2533274812935863;7:
> > Who cares about popularity? This isn’t highschool. Buy the games you want to play. Play the games you like. Get a tattoo of the games you love.
>
>
> The reason the popularity is important is because if there is no population then games will not be competitive. After six months in Halo 4 I got two types of games, the ones where I could wreck the entire team by myself no matter the gametype and games where I am playing a group of four that crushed me and my friends. There was no middle ground, if a game has no population then players will just be matched up with the best connection. Being dominated or dominating people isn’t fun, occasionally it’s fun to own a team but it gets old quick. For example if you go on the MCC right now and play H2A you will have 50’s ranked with 6’s because the population is so low the game just makes the quickest match.

That happens in literally every game.

It’ll probably be the worst selling Halo. Just look a the Xbox ones install base. 10mil?

> 2533274857398125;6:
> Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.
>
> On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.

It’s apparent to me that some people don’t learn their lesson. How could anyone in their right mind feel like they’re making an intelligent decision by pre-ordering a game made by a developer that has burned you twice?

> 2533274881576352;11:
> > 2533274857398125;6:
> > Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.
> >
> > On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.
>
>
> It’s apparent to me that some people don’t learn their lesson. How could anyone in their right mind feel like they’re making an intelligent decision by pre-ordering a game made by a developer that has burned you twice?

Haha I don’t feel like I’m making an intelligent decision when I buy any game, whether its from a reputable publisher/developer or not. Do you? I sure hope not for your sake.

> 2533274881576352;11:
> > 2533274857398125;6:
> > Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.
> >
> > On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.
>
>
> It’s apparent to me that some people don’t learn their lesson. How could anyone in their right mind feel like they’re making an intelligent decision by pre-ordering a game made by a developer that has burned you twice?

I don’t feel burned. I liked halo 4, and I bought MCC for campaign.

> 2533274893633166;10:
> It’ll probably be the worst selling Halo. Just look a the Xbox ones install base. 10mil?

15 mil.

> 2533274857398125;13:
> > 2533274881576352;11:
> > > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.
> > >
> > > On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s apparent to me that some people don’t learn their lesson. How could anyone in their right mind feel like they’re making an intelligent decision by pre-ordering a game made by a developer that has burned you twice?
>
>
> I don’t feel burned. I liked halo 4, and I bought MCC for campaign.

Same here.

> 2535464699776153;12:
> > 2533274881576352;11:
> > > 2533274857398125;6:
> > > Judging from the fact that the game already has 150,000 plus pre orders, yes it will sell well.
> > >
> > > On the topic of whether or not it will keep its population, I don’t know. But, if games like destiny are able to pull in millions of players a eat while great games like planet side and Titanfall struggle to get over 10,000, I honestly don’t care about population.
> >
> >
> >
> > It’s apparent to me that some people don’t learn their lesson. How could anyone in their right mind feel like they’re making an intelligent decision by pre-ordering a game made by a developer that has burned you twice?
>
>
> Haha I don’t feel like I’m making an intelligent decision when I buy any game, whether its from a reputable publisher/developer or not. Do you? I sure hope not for your sake.

Why not? If the game is quality, it can provide you with years of entertainment. The sixty-dollars you spent on it doesn’t seem so steep when you think about it that way. If a game is terrible, it’s sickens me because the entertainment value is non-existent. You will focus more on the money you spent on the game rather than the game itself.

> 2533274805989038;2:
> It’ll sell well but will it stay relevant?
> Halo 4 sold well but more than 80% of the initial population left within 3 months and never came back.
> Halo 5 will likely follow the same path.

I honestly could care less about multiplayer all I want and buy Halo for is campaign. If the game sells well they make more, I get more campaign that is good enough for me!

Halo will always sell well because of it’s campaign and cod will always sell well because the world is full of re tarded

> 2533274812935863;7:
> Who cares about popularity? This isn’t highschool. Buy the games you want to play. Play the games you like. Get a tattoo of the games you love.

Absolutely true.

Yeah, its going to sell very well. Its #1 in pre-orders 8 months out from release!! well, im assuming 8 months since the halo games generally come out in November.

I will be buying it, but not pre-ordering and not buying until i hear its working at 95%. Nothing is ever at 100% or it would never get released.

And i disagree, it wont always sell well just because its Halo. They still need to do new things (evolutionary not revolutionary) and execute very well. Halo 4 can be forgiven because they provided a product that worked very well and looked impressively good on such old hardware, regardless of what you think of their gameplay design decisions. If another MCC happens though…