Halo 5: Will Dual Wielding Return?

What do you guys think? I used to like being able to have 2 guns back in Halo 2. I’m sure there’s a way to balance it out in 343’s future Halo games. Do you think 343 could possibly bring dual wielding back?

I don’t care tbh, i’ll prob be using br/dmr anyway (assuming they will be in halo 5 which they probably will be). + new weapons, if there are new weapons.

All they would need to balance it is to reduce accuracy when dual wielding. Also its a great excuse for the return of the SMG (and maybe the plasma rifle as a covie smg?)

> What do you guys think? I used to like being able to have 2 guns back in Halo 2. I’m sure there’s a way to balance it out in 343’s future Halo games. Do you think 343 could possibly bring dual wielding back?

No, unfortunately.

Hasn’t been in a single game since 3, not even ODST if I remember right.

343I sure isn’t going back to Halo’s roots anyways…

Not sure how it could be balanced if you have to get two ordnances just to get them, as I doubt 343 would let people spawn with dual wielding weapons.

> I don’t care tbh, i’ll prob be using br/dmr anyway (assuming they will be in halo 5 which they probably will be). + new weapons, if there are new weapons.

Maybe if the firepower ability is still around you could use a DMR/Battle Rifle and have 2 SMGs as a secondary weapon for close range and not make it as overpowered like the Assault Rifle in H4.

i sincerely hope not. nothing like having people run around with the plasma pistol and a magnum.
i dislike dual wielding in any game honestly. (unless its a sword and shield kind of thing.)

hope not, the guns are going to need some serious nerfing then!

The big issues with dual-wielding is this:

1- In Halo 3, the weapons compatible with this feature were weak on their own(so was alot of other weapons that isn’t a carbine, BR, or a power weapon). If you were going to use it, you’d have to give up grenades to have a decent weapon, something that the BR was, without grenades. Thus, people mostly avoided them.

2- In Halo 2, it was freaking powerful pre-patch. SMG/PR combos were the norm in most fights. Grenades were also crappy with long fuses and weak blast radius, giving players even more incentive to use it in close range fights.

The issue is to find a balance between not making the weapons crap on their own, and not making them OP when combined. Personally, I’d rather they stick to what they got going in Halo 4 and focus on improving other aspects of the game, instead of bringing an old feature that was either too good, or too bad, for the sake of nostalgia.

THey actually had a build of Halo 4 that included dual wielding, but they came to find it too hard to balance it as it essentially made dual-wieldable guns too weak in their singular form. So yeah, no dual wielding.

Only the plasma pistol should be dual wieldable (in it’s current state, with it’s massive battery drain, it’d be suitable).

you guys arent thinking of the biggest problem – how will you be able to dual wield? the bumper is not pick up a dual-wield weapon anymore, it is now an armor abilities activation.

I miss the good ol’ M7 SMG :’(

It’ll be a great idea to fully customize the weapons though, and dual wield could become an attachment.

Yes, Dual-Wield 2 DMRs and BRs, yes…

Yes…

I’d like it. Plasma Rifle SMG triumphant return!

> Yes, Dual-Wield 2 DMRs and BRs, yes…
>
> Yes…

Better yet, akimbo rockets!

This guy so gets me xD, not sure if sarcasm or ignorance

Would be amusing to see people with Dual Boltshots clearing hallways.

> > Yes, Dual-Wield 2 DMRs and BRs, yes…
> >
> > Yes…
>
> Better yet, akimbo rockets!
>
> This guy so gets me xD, not sure if sarcasm or ignorance

Ofcourse I was serious

Dual DMR’ing R U KITTIN ME!?

Cmon man I was joking lol

As for the guy that posted about dual boltshot… I love you

hopefully not.

I honestly hope so, it’s the feature I miss most.

I hope so. Its a feature that just needs a little bit of thought to get right. You can’t have it where acquiring two of the weapons doubles the damage output, because then a single weapon is near useless.

Bungie used the approach that dual weapons do… i think it was 150% for most dual-wieldable weapons… This works, but is not optimal. I think there needs to be some fine tuning that isn’t quite 200% but accuracy is highly reduced, time taken to reload is greatly increased and grenades and melee are looked at.

But seriously… First bring back elites.