Halo 5 - Why we /need/ Social and Ranked.

If 343i, “segregation of the community” be -Yoink!-, re-implements Social and Ranked for Halo 5, they can fix basically every complaint people have with the matchmaking. If Social would play like Halo 4; loadouts, ordinance, progressive XP ranking system, universal sprint, JIP - Ranked would be a throwback to Halo 2-3. No AA’s, no loadouts, no sprint, no ordinance, no JIP, and the return of the 1-50 ranking system.

I don’t make games for a living, but to me, making literally everybody (you possibly could) happy seems like a worthwhile investment of time / manpower. The old hands will fill up Ranked, and the new generation will be in Social. Everybody gets what they want out of the game, and not at the cost of somebody else. Sure, sure, your playlist numbers won’t look as large, but let’s be honest; you will NEVER beat CoD in numbers. The only thing that will ever do that, is CoD itself. If 343i (largely MS though, methinks) keeps this up, then they’ll have neither hundreds of thousands of people in their playlists, nor steady numbers. MS can either give 343i the time they need to create a game that (ala Halo 2 -3) will stand the test of time, or they can ruin their, easily, biggest and most profitable franchise.

This lesson has been taught time, after time, after time, ad nauseum in the MMO genre. CEO’s saw how profitable World of Warcraft was, and they decided that if they made a game just like it, they’d make millions, too. No. God, no. It doesn’t work that way. All you do is kill your game before it even gets launched.

344i, Microsoft, for the love of Chief, stop trying to emulate CoD’s success, because you never will.

I disagree with you on this. My biggest complaints about the match-making on Halo 4 is simply that they never balance the teams by rank and I would prefer it they had the old style still in place so that if you sucked at the game you couldn’t get to be a level 66. Service records should factor into making teams and the rank of the player. I like being able to start a match with a BR instead of an AR and we don’t have to hunt for certain weapons anymore, simply do good and earn them. Seems more advanced than CoD with it’s simple loadout system, you can earn better weapons in each map instead of rely on some AI killstreak to get your kills.

this post = real

> I disagree with you on this. My biggest complaints about the match-making on Halo 4 is simply that they never balance the teams by rank and I would prefer it they had the old style still in place so that if you sucked at the game you couldn’t get to be a level 66. Service records should factor into making teams and the rank of the player. I like being able to start a match with a BR instead of an AR and we don’t have to hunt for certain weapons anymore, simply do good and earn them. Seems more advanced than CoD with it’s simple loadout system, you can earn better weapons in each map instead of rely on some AI killstreak to get your kills.

hunting for weapons had balance and forced players not to camp, they had to actually GO and get the weapon. Spawning with the same weapons was equal and fair. Halo 4 ranks don’t determine skill so no, you shouldnt be matched on them. You clearly know nothing about halo and what it used to be.