Halo 5 Weapon Preference

I’ve been playing Halo 4 more frequently lately, building up to the Halo 5: Guardians launch. I’m finding that as you rank higher, it is more and more likely that the Battle Rifle is the go-to weapon. I generally default to the Assault Rifle, but lately I’m finding it next to useless as opponents become more skilled with the BR. It seems like the best weapon in the game, if used to its potential.

Now for Halo 5, I want to know what your weapon of choice is (excluding power weapons)… Is it the aforementioned Battle Rifle for its headshot prowess, or because of its nostalgia? Or maybe the DMR for its long range precision? How about the good ol’ Assault Rifle for its close range superiority? SMG, Pistol? I feel the weapons are incredibly balanced this time around, which is why I’m curious to see what everybody’s preferences are. Do you think it’s more balanced? Or will everyone gradually start leaning on the BR once again?

AR because it’s actually useful now.

Though I would prefer a AR/BR start

> 2533274849952807;1:
> I’ve been playing Halo 4 more frequently lately, building up to the Halo 5: Guardians launch. I’m finding that as you rank higher, it is more and more likely that the Battle Rifle is the go-to weapon. I generally default to the Assault Rifle, but lately I’m finding it next to useless as opponents become more skilled with the BR. It seems like the best weapon in the game, if used to its potential.
>
> Now for Halo 5, I want to know what your weapon of choice is (excluding power weapons)… Is it the aforementioned Battle Rifle for its headshot prowess, or because of its nostalgia? Or maybe the DMR for its long range precision? How about the good ol’ Assault Rifle for its close range superiority? SMG, Pistol? I feel the weapons are incredibly balanced this time around, which is why I’m curious to see what everybody’s preferences are. Do you think it’s more balanced? Or will everyone gradually start leaning on the BR once again?

When I played warzone today I found that I was using the carbine whenever I could. I used the dmr when the carbine wasn’t available

> 2533274849952807;1:
> I’ve been playing Halo 4 more frequently lately, building up to the Halo 5: Guardians launch. I’m finding that as you rank higher, it is more and more likely that the Battle Rifle is the go-to weapon. I generally default to the Assault Rifle, but lately I’m finding it next to useless as opponents become more skilled with the BR. It seems like the best weapon in the game, if used to its potential.
>
> Now for Halo 5, I want to know what your weapon of choice is (excluding power weapons)… Is it the aforementioned Battle Rifle for its headshot prowess, or because of its nostalgia? Or maybe the DMR for its long range precision? How about the good ol’ Assault Rifle for its close range superiority? SMG, Pistol? I feel the weapons are incredibly balanced this time around, which is why I’m curious to see what everybody’s preferences are. Do you think it’s more balanced? Or will everyone gradually start leaning on the BR once again?

Got to remember though with Halo 4 you can spawn with a DMR or BR making the need to have an auto useless. The Ar is good for close range but how many close range battles do you have in Halo 4 since you can just spawn with a precision weapon. I’ve been playing a lot of Halo 4 myself just to get ready for Halo 5 but the battles are always cross map because you can just spawn with a precision weapon instead of actually having to move around the map looking for weapons. I’d rather Halo 5 just leave it AR/Magnum starts so that way it encourages map movement instead of boring cross map fire. The AR felt extremely nice in the beta but was definitely suppose to be a close to medium weapon.

I’m so ready for that Carbine.

I think I’ll be doing BR and AR in warzone so I can have the best in both worlds.

Its all about the Light Rifle.

BR all the way.

> 2533274849952807;1:
>

My weapons of choice is a mix of the Battle Rifle, Designated Marksmen Rifle and SMG. It doesn’t matter to me which two out of the three, just as long as I have any of the two. Going to love recking people with the new SMG, its just so awesome!

I have always loved the SMG, and I am very happy it is returning in halo 5, so I am going to have to go with that. It has always been a fun weapon to use, even if it was not always the most powerful option.

Though, I also like the DMR and BR because I like being able to pick off targets from a distance, so I will most likely be using these a lot as well. Even more so in warzone.

Well it all looks good for the weapon balance considering the Auto’s all look viable to me with the Smart Scope, unshielded headshot damage, and unique functions of both the Storm Rifle and Supressor. I pretty sure the first new weapon I want is the Plasma Caster. It could be the “utility” power weapon with all its uses like the old Grenade Launcher. Dat Light Rifle thought 3 shot kill is nice to look at.

AR all the way. I’ve been using that gun since Halo CE and don’t plan to stop now!

I think it’ll be a BR or an AR for myself - a BR of nostalgia, and also the fact both guns are quite proficient. I am also looking forward to that smg…

I’ll probably use the BR and the SMG.

> 2533274827007197;12:
> AR all the way. I’ve been using that gun since Halo CE and don’t plan to stop now!

What did you do for Halo 2?

AR. I feel like a badass.

Well, I think one of the main issues with H4’s loadout system is that 343 had to learn to try and put a bunch of weapons on relatively even ground that really aren’t meant to be that way. In H5 they obviously went back on forcing that system on the whole game. It seems like the weaopns all seem to have a special place relative to the others. They aren’t really intended to be compared the same way they would be in H4, you know? Weapons like the DMR and Lightrifle seem like they were designed with being a map pickup in mind. But for the sake of this topic I guess it doesn’t really matter.

> 2533274799527886;15:
> > 2533274827007197;12:
> > AR all the way. I’ve been using that gun since Halo CE and don’t plan to stop now!
>
>
> What did you do for Halo 2?

Sulked…

Just used the BR instead for it. :confused:

I personally opt for the DMR in Halo 4, mainly because I like to be different haha but also because I like the precision on it. I will definitely go with the DMR again for Halo 5

LR or DMR and SMG for me. Seems like the best range coverage.