Halo 5 Weapon Ideas

I had an idea. What if we had a weapon that fused the LR and PV together? It could shoot through walls with charge shots. Maybe kill in the usual four shots. It would only have these functions while scoped and could be a power weapon.

Here is what would balance it:

1. descoping
  2. The player can only see through walls at a certain distance and only areas that the scope is pointed on.
  3. Everyone would constantly be on the move meaning that 4 shot kills through walls would rarely happen.
  • Why do we not have EMP grenades?

I think that the Promethean weapon would work because you gain awareness of the battlefield while losing awareness of who is on the radar.

Any other ideas?

Heavy Sentinel Beam
–Act like Heavy Weapon (Machine Gun, Plasma Turret)
–Would zoom to 3rd person when picked up
–Would fire 3 straight Sentinel Beams at ranges in between the
Detached Plasma Turret and the Detached Machine Gun
–Beams slowly separate when used Mounted, but not when detached
–Would Overheat after 8 seconds of continuous fire
–Would Drain 5% of Battery for 2 seconds of fire, out of 400%
–Would kill after 1.2 seconds

the Hornet

vehicles are weapons too…

Great ideas. I was wondering if anyone thinks that my Promthean weapon idea would be more balanced if the scope worked more like a spotlight if it could shoot through only one wall. For example: as you move the scope over a wall you would be able to see through what the scope is currently focused on, while also limiting the scope to what is close by. It could still be a four shot kill, but its just that a charged shot would allow you to shoot through one wall. Maybe allowing you to finish someone off who got away from you or a teammate.

The shots to kill could always remain as a 5 shot.

How about a OHK weapon with about 3 rounds in it that can bounce and that has a laser so you can line up the bounce, PV would be the scope of course, just an idea…

It would be cool to have like a ice grenade.

It freezes or slows down enemies who get hit by it directly
and it should also freeze the ground for a short time making enemies slide across the map.

When the enemy is frozen and you melee it, the enemy should fall apart
:slight_smile:

That would be cool

I was thinking of a revolver.
A power weapon that is 3 shot kill(providing final shot is a headshot)

A heavy machine gun.
Like a turret,but cannot be detached and can take out a warthog after 4 seconds of fire,can kill a spartan in 5 shots.

A Promethean melee weapon.

Providing the brutes return…
Perforation Rifle.A sniper rifle,but has an 8 round mag,kills in 2 shots(1 headshot)

A vehicle idea I had was a covenant gunship.Sort of a mini phantom that flew like a banshee with plasma cannons on the side.

> Heavy Sentinel Beam
> --Act like Heavy Weapon (Machine Gun, Plasma Turret)
> --Would zoom to 3rd person when picked up
> --Would fire 3 straight Sentinel Beams at ranges in between the
> Detached Plasma Turret and the Detached Machine Gun
> --Beams slowly separate when used Mounted, but not when detached
> --Would Overheat after 8 seconds of continuous fire
> --Would Drain 5% of Battery for 2 seconds of fire, out of 400%
> --Would kill after 1.2 seconds

That actually sounds pretty cool. Like a Mounted Promethean Turret.

> I was thinking of a revolver.
> A power weapon that is 3 shot kill(providing final shot is a headshot)
> A power pistol? Strange idea…
>
> A heavy machine gun.
> Like a turret,but cannot be detached and can take out a warthog after 4 seconds of fire,can kill a spartan in 5 shots.
> A fully automatic DMR that shreds vehicles in seconds? Ruins vehicle gameplay. Not a good idea IMO.
>
> A Promethean melee weapon.
> Would love the Knight’s blade as a Spartan weapon in War Games.
>
> Providing the brutes return…
> Perforation Rifle.A sniper rifle,but has an 8 round mag,kills in 2 shots(1 headshot)
> If it has an 8-round magazine, the damage should be less. Think of it being similar to the comparison of the DMR/BR to the Covenant Carbine.
>
> A vehicle idea I had was a covenant gunship.Sort of a mini phantom that flew like a banshee with plasma cannons on the side.
> So, a smaller phantom? Redundant, don’t you think?

Just my 2 cents on your ideas.

I think it would be cool to see the UNSC SMG again or a UNSC Carbine in Halo 5.

LOVE your idea OP. Shooting through walls as a power weapon function? Great idea. It sounds like a fun weapon to use! Here’s one of my Halo 5 weapon idea’s:

Lance Beam (Promethean weapon)
This weapon would be somewhat of a mix of the rail-gun and light rifle, but still unique. It would be a 2sk-3sk, so kind of a power weapon, but only in a good player’s hand. It would have a medium range, being weaker at long range, and it would have a 4 round clip, with 3 more clips in reserve.

Here’s how it would fire: Instead of just a “pull-the-trigger-and-one-shot-comes-out” sort of a deal, it would fire strangely, but interestingly. When you first press the trigger (you’d have to hold it down to complete the firing sequence), two red beams would spread out in a 90° angle from the barrel of the gun, with the 45° mark in the center of the reticule. The two lines would quickly converge together coming to meet in the middle, at the 45° mark. When the two beams connected, there would be a ZAP! and the connected beams would form a ray of hard light energy that lasted for a split second. If an enemy player was standing in the reticule/45° mark, they would be nailed by the converging beams. The total firing time for one shot would be about 0.75 seconds, so it you would have to lead your shot a bit.

In medium range, this would be quite devastating, being a 2sk weapon. The first shot would bring a player’s shields down to about 10%, then the second shot would finish 'em off. In long range, the first shot would bring their shields to 45%, the second would totally drain the shields, then the third would kill them.

> I had an idea. What if we had a weapon that fused the LR and PV together? It could shoot through walls with charge shots. Maybe kill in the usual four shots. It would only have these functions while scoped and could be a power weapon.
>
> Here is what would balance it:
>
> 1. descoping
> 2. The player can only see through walls at a certain distance and only areas that the scope is pointed on.
> 3. Everyone would constantly be on the move meaning that 4 shot kills through walls would rarely happen.
>
> - Why do we not have EMP grenades?
>
> I think that the Promethean weapon would work because you gain awareness of the battlefield while losing awareness of who is on the radar.
>
> Any other ideas?

How about cold based weapons.

> How about cold based weapons.

This. Fire and ice together, Metroid Prime style. Sounds smexy…

I think though that the Ratchet And Clank weapons are a great place to look for new weapon ideas. If you can imagine it, they probably made at least some form of it.

I believe the revolver would add be a great addition to multiplayer as it’s something that was scrapped before but should make a return.

The HMG,Im not saying it fires like the Turret but more slowly.Afterall It isn’t really overpowered seeing that you’ll be stationary while using it.

I didn’t really think the Spike rifle idea through,maybe a 6 round magazine and a7.5 zoom

However,the MiniPhantom or ‘Poltergeist’ would be great for objective based games,this can give an air of exitement when it’s around.and also it can compensate for the fact there have yet to be a proper gunship in the halo series

I believe the revolver would add be a great addition to multiplayer as it’s something that was scrapped before but should make a return.

The HMG,Im not saying it fires like the Turret but more slowly.Afterall It isn’t really overpowered seeing that you’ll be stationary while using it.

I didn’t really think the Spike rifle idea through,maybe a 6 round magazine and a7.5 zoom

However,the MiniPhantom or ‘Poltergeist’ would be great for objective based games,this can give an air of exitement when it’s around.and also it can compensate for the fact there have yet to be a proper gunship in the halo series

Some kind of waist held turret I can sprint and fire with, at the same time. :slight_smile:

True Spartan.

All I want is the SMG and more returning weapons for more choices in loadouts like the needler rifle and all grenades from all halos (spike, frag, plasma, pulse, incindeary) that’s all I want

A Covenant Shotgun that has 12 rounds and is semi-automatic, but if you fire too quickly it overheats. If it does overheat, then it automatically uses a feature similar to the venting feature for the plasma repeater. anti-infantry

A Promethean melee weapon, like suggested in an earlier post, but requires a small battery-pack-like magazine that allows it to be used 5 times. anti-infantry

And, maybe a large laser gun that lets you mark a target, and then it explodes before reaching it’s target, creating an EMP blast and causing some considerable damage, like one shot from a plasma launcher. Anti-vehicle

> LOVE your idea OP. Shooting through walls as a power weapon function? Great idea. It sounds like a fun weapon to use! Here’s one of my Halo 5 weapon idea’s:
>
> Lance Beam (Promethean weapon)
> This weapon would be somewhat of a mix of the rail-gun and light rifle, but still unique. It would be a 2sk-3sk, so kind of a power weapon, but only in a good player’s hand. It would have a medium range, being weaker at long range, and it would have a 4 round clip, with 3 more clips in reserve.
>
> Here’s how it would fire: Instead of just a “pull-the-trigger-and-one-shot-comes-out” sort of a deal, it would fire strangely, but interestingly. When you first press the trigger (you’d have to hold it down to complete the firing sequence), two red beams would spread out in a 90° angle from the barrel of the gun, with the 45° mark in the center of the reticule. The two lines would quickly converge together coming to meet in the middle, at the 45° mark. When the two beams connected, there would be a ZAP! and the connected beams would form a ray of hard light energy that lasted for a split second. If an enemy player was standing in the reticule/45° mark, they would be nailed by the converging beams. The total firing time for one shot would be about 0.75 seconds, so it you would have to lead your shot a bit.
>
> In medium range, this would be quite devastating, being a 2sk weapon. The first shot would bring a player’s shields down to about 10%, then the second shot would finish 'em off. In long range, the first shot would bring their shields to 45%, the second would totally drain the shields, then the third would kill them.

You know what, I think that is the only properly unique weapon idea that I’ve seen on this thread so far - which is what halo is all about, unique weapons.

that is why i like this weapon the best so far and think that if any were to be included, it would be this.

Cool ideas but could they be be in this thread please.

Thanks!