Halo 5 Weapon Highlights Announced. Why?

"Adding highlights to placed/dropped weapons to make them easier to see"
If this doesn’t become an optional feature (i.e. Give us the ability to disable it in Custom Games) forge is killed.

A majority of forge maps are Puzzle, Hunger Games or any other Escapism map, maps like these are hugely common, and are ruined by these ‘highlights’.
In hunger games, weapons are supposed to be hidden… not just broadcasted to anyone nearby, this addition to halo ruins a massive game mechanic that we forgers utilise.
If 343 wants a vibrant forging community, not just competitive, then they have to consider these details.

Besides, if 343 wants a large skill gap to make the game more competitive, people should have to learn where the damn weapons are, and as a result further increase the skill gap.

If this isn’t changed or removed from Halo 5 in the final game I will flush my head down a toilet and eat pickled chicken excrement until death.

Because they were barely visible in the beta, especially on dark maps.

You pass over a weapon and get a prompt. Then you turn around to pick it up and get killed because you’re wandering around the floor like an idiot because you can’t figure out where the weapon is. The BRs were effectively the same color as the floor on Truth.

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Because they were barely visible in the beta, especially on dark maps.
>
> You pass over a weapon and get a prompt. Then you turn around to pick it up and get killed because you’re wandering around the floor like an idiot because you can’t figure out where the weapon is. The BRs were effectively the same color as the floor on Truth.

My main concern is this addition ruining an entire genre of map in forge. I understand why it helps in matchmaking PvP games, and the justification behind implementing it into these games is completely agreeable, but in some Minigames it has some drastic effects…

And so because it would help to have it both on and off in different circumstances I did say all they need to do is give us the option to disable it in custom games, and then I’m completely fine with it…

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Because they were barely visible in the beta, especially on dark maps.
>
> You pass over a weapon and get a prompt. Then you turn around to pick it up and get killed because you’re wandering around the floor like an idiot because you can’t figure out where the weapon is. The BRs were effectively the same color as the floor on Truth.

Yeah. I’ve always found myself running, run over a gun,“oh a smg!” Walks backwards and gets lit up

Because their lighting sucks and makes everything dark. If they changed that there wouldn’t be this problem

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Because they were barely visible in the beta, especially on dark maps.
>
> You pass over a weapon and get a prompt. Then you turn around to pick it up and get killed because you’re wandering around the floor like an idiot because you can’t figure out where the weapon is. The BRs were effectively the same color as the floor on Truth.

Make the weapons a different skin on that specific map, similar to how Avalanche had vehicles with snow camouflage.

Problem solved.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Most likely to hold all the r­etarded players’ hands because they can’t remember weapon spawn times and locations.
You legitimately have to be near clinically r­etarded to not know the spawn times and locations of weapons on each map after a few playthroughs.

> 2533274805989038;7:
>

What the actual hell?

What makes you think it’s right to call people mentally handicapped because they don’t memorize the precise spawn time and location on every single map in a video game?

That’s a horrible post, and your argument gained nothing from it.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature.</mark>

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274907934539;8:
> > 2533274805989038;7:
> >
>
>
>
> What the actual hell?
>
> What makes you think it’s right to call people mentally handicapped because they don’t memorize the precise spawn time and location on every single map in a video game?
>
> That’s a horrible post, and your argument gained nothing from it.

You’re acting like memorizing spawn times and locations takes any sort of effort.
I would know because I am actually handicapped (brain tumor) and still manage to memorize all spawn timers and locations on all maps.
If I can do it then yes I would assume people who struggle with this are mentally challenged.

> 2533274907934539;2:
> Because they were barely visible in the beta, especially on dark maps.
>
> You pass over a weapon and get a prompt. Then you turn around to pick it up and get killed because you’re wandering around the floor like an idiot because you can’t figure out where the weapon is. The BRs were effectively the same color as the floor on Truth.

This is a problem because they got rid of the weapon outlines and replaced it with text making it less obvious what weapon you’re standing on. We don’t have time to read out a sentence in the middle of a game.

“Press X to pick up Battle Rifle” is far less useful than “X to pick up [BR picture]”

> 2533274805989038;9:
>

You completely miss the point. It DOES take effort. There are TONS of people who won’t bother to learn the spawns or the timers, those people don’t deserve power weapons over people who do memorize and track them. Just because it’s easy to do doesn’t mean everyone actually does it and they should not be given a handicap for laziness.

I just don’t want the mag caps to be to large on human weapons. Like the pistol. It has to be a .45mm at least to break Spartan armor in most places. And and it has 16 rounds. Which is 4 more then any pistol known today. Excluding extended mags ( which in real life suck and throw of your aim to the rear by a lot.). Now I’m a very big guy. And I had trouble shooting such weapons. Not much. But some. Most people in my infantry unit have a hard enough time shooting a 9mm f. Not to mention the sig 45. And it only makes sense that all weapons on the battlefield are compliant to all unsc personal. So what I’m saying make the mag capacity for the human weapons not so large. Or make the rounds in the weapons not as deadly towards Spartans and creatures with similar armor