Halo 5 Warzone Thoughts

First off Warzone is a fun game-type in fact it’s one of my favorites along side BTB. I’m a big map nerd so I love having a bigger sandbox to outflank and outwit my enemy. Having more players on the field is even better especially with the AI. However I’ve noticed since this last Christmas the req usage has increased dramatically. Now I’m the sort of player who doesn’t rely on power weapons, I find them on the field and use what I have. Very rarely do I call in weapons and it’s not because I don’t have them. I have quite a bit actually.
Some examples//
83 - Nornfangs
158 - Blaze of Glory
175 - The Answer
87 - High fives

So what I would love to have is either a new gamemode of Warzone where it’s only tier 1 Reqs. So you want a sniper it’s the standard edition. No access to nornfangs. Same all accords the board. From vehicles to Weapons. Reason being is that it would really push the team coordination rather then one guy going into garage with a Bane or Gavel and clearing it out like it’s a Destiny Titan.
-HVTs would be harder to kill and would rely more on team coordination.
-We can still have normal Warzone for when we wanna busy out the gavel or Bane.
-Gives us a reason to use those standard power weapons in a larger map.
-I’m even open to tier 2 vehicles but not the hannibals or ultras.
The goal with this is to add a bit more strategy to Warzone as there is in BTB. As I said I’m a huge Warzone fan but I would like it even more if the power weapons could be toned down a bit. When Warzone first came it was fantastic, and over use of power weapons was pretty rare even not so bad 6 months in. Just trying to get back to that style rather then every single game I gotta deal with someone using The Answer the whole game.

It only makes sense that there’s more power weapon usage now than in the beginning when Warzone first came. People didn’t have a whole lot of stuff then. But if they’ve been playing since Warzone came out, those same people (like myself) are more than likely loaded to the teeth with all kinds of weapons to use should they so choose.

Anyway, by “Tier 1”, do you mean the base variant of every weapon and vehicle? Because my first thought by you saying “only tier 1 Reqs” is basically a Magnum/AR only Warzone game since that’s all that is available to you at Tier 1. It would get really boring really fast.

> 2586218893181855;2:
> It only makes sense that there’s more power weapon usage now than in the beginning when Warzone first came. People didn’t have a whole lot of stuff then. But if they’ve been playing since Warzone came out, those same people (like myself) are more than likely loaded to the teeth with all kinds of weapons to use should they so choose.
>
> Anyway, by “Tier 1”, do you mean the base variant of every weapon and vehicle? Because my first thought by you saying “only tier 1 Reqs” is basically a Magnum/AR only Warzone game since that’s all that is available to you at Tier 1. It would get really boring really fast.

Tier 1 as in just the standard power weapons and Reqs. No nornfangs just standard sniper ect ect.

While it sounds interesting, I don’t think it would change Warzone enough to warrant its own playlist. You’d still have a good amount of powerful weapons and vehicles even at tier 1 at your disposal. In my opinion, the biggest factor is the skill matching. Your team could be calling in REQ’s nonstop, but they’ll still lose if the other team is more skilled or coordinated than they are.

I had some thoughts on Warzone too. My thread can be found here.

Jesus… he is asking for more warzone playlist :stuck_out_tongue:

> 2535405256565919;6:
> Jesus… he is asking for more warzone playlist :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup. I have always preferred larger maps with more variables in play. Just want the over use of over powered reqs to be modified.

I think this could be a good idea for one of the weekend warzone playlists like turbo and warlords. I don’t think it should be a permanent one though.