Halo 5: Warzone Firefight Map Critique/Suggestions

Intro
Generally warzone is my favourite gamemode as of the time this was posted. I have always preferred firefight modes to the pve modes of halo reach. I have played each of the games for a considerable amount of time in both pvp and pve (where available). I am not going to be going over anything relating to the controversy of movement mechanics or similar in this thread so please ignore them.

Overview
Warzone as a gamemode feels pretty fun, if not repetitive. Kill (insert boss), (defend objective), etc. Enemy spawning and TTK feels bad sometimes and can be infuriating on harder difficulties such as mythic (I’m looking at you crawlers). The repetition isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it really could do with more variety; for example instead of multiple warden eternal drops how about a few super-buffed grunt squads with shielding or making us face off against unused vehicles like wasps and scorpions.

My main problem with warzone is that the maps feel empty. When you go to a req station you see all these cases lying about, with NOTHING in them. There are no natural vehicle spawns aside from a few mongooses on one map. I get that you want people to buy reqs but good lord it’s horrible. You could easily add in some natural vehicles, such as a few turret warthogs or gungooses to most maps without people not buying req packs. You could even add in a pelican that drops a scorpion or two during the final round; anything is better than the way it is currently. This would be a massive help in the legendary/mythic modes as well as it would make the player feel as though they have a good chance at dealing damage to bosses and help them feel useful if they don’t have any req packs at that point in time.

Adding in weapon racks or something similar to certain buildings would go a long way in helping make the maps feel “lived in” (I know it’s a simulation but still). Have these racks hold a few basic assault rifles and battle rifles, dot them in places where there are few req depots, or in between the long stretches of point A and point B.

You could even add in some AI marines or ODST’s that respawn each wave. They don’t have to be strong, but they would add immersion, especially when Palmer states “You’re the last boots on the ground” or “Go help our marines”. I loaded in expecting marines the first time I heard this and was soon disappointed. None of these would decrease your income or dramatically change gameplay.

Please, do something to improve this. These changes wouldn’t take a ton of time to do either. Thank you for reading.

> 2535438416733920;1:
> _Intro_Generally warzone is my favourite gamemode as of the time this was posted. I have always preferred firefight modes to the pve modes of halo reach. I have played each of the games for a considerable amount of time in both pvp and pve (where available). I am not going to be going over anything relating to the controversy of movement mechanics or similar in this thread so please ignore them.
>
> __Overview__Warzone as a gamemode feels pretty fun, if not repetitive. Kill (insert boss), (defend objective), etc. Enemy spawning and TTK feels bad sometimes and can be infuriating on harder difficulties such as mythic (I’m looking at you crawlers). The repetition isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it really could do with more variety; for example instead of multiple warden eternal drops how about a few super-buffed grunt squads with shielding or making us face off against unused vehicles like wasps and scorpions.
>
> My main problem with warzone is that the maps feel empty. When you go to a req station you see all these cases lying about, with NOTHING in them. There are no natural vehicle spawns aside from a few mongooses on one map. I get that you want people to buy reqs but good lord it’s horrible. You could easily add in some natural vehicles, such as a few turret warthogs or gungooses to most maps without people not buying req packs. You could even add in a pelican that drops a scorpion or two during the final round; anything is better than the way it is currently. This would be a massive help in the legendary/mythic modes as well as it would make the player feel as though they have a good chance at dealing damage to bosses and help them feel useful if they don’t have any req packs at that point in time.
>
> Adding in weapon racks or something similar to certain buildings would go a long way in helping make the maps feel “lived in” (I know it’s a simulation but still). Have these racks hold a few basic assault rifles and battle rifles, dot them in places where there are few req depots, or in between the long stretches of point A and point B.
>
> You could even add in some AI marines or ODST’s that respawn each wave. They don’t have to be strong, but they would add immersion, especially when Palmer states “You’re the last boots on the ground” or “Go help our marines”. I loaded in expecting marines the first time I heard this and was soon disappointed. None of these would decrease your income or dramatically change gameplay.
>
> Please, do something to improve this. These changes wouldn’t take a ton of time to do either. Thank you for reading.

I think you’re referring to Warzone Firefight, a completely different game mode from Warzone.