Halo 5 vs. Other Halos

Hello all!

I was hoping just to get a general feeling of what other Halo fans feel about the direction of the series, especially the multiplayer aspect of the series. Halo is personally, my favorite FPS of all time and I have spent more time with this series than probably any other game easily. I will be getting an Xbox One almost solely because of this series.

That being said, I was very disappointed with the direction Halo 4 took with its multiplayer. I don’t want this to be an endless debate about what is right and what is wrong with it but just an overview of what you like personally.

For me Halo reached its peak with Halo 3. I felt everything in the game was grand and fun to use and was appropriately balanced. I was never a Halo Reach hater like so many but I really felt that was almost equally as good as Halo 3 but I give Halo 3 the slight edge.

So my question is this…Which other Halo game (if any) would you like to see Halo 5’s multiplayer be more like and why?

Should be nothing like any other one. 343i need to be innovative, but succeed with it.

Halo 3.5 for the win!

In all seriousness, 343 should build off of Halo 3, but shouldn’t make an exact copy. This is just my opinion.

> Should be nothing like any other one. 343i need to be innovative, but succeed with it.

Well then it shouldn’t have Halo in the title.

Innovation doesn’t mean making it nothing like its predecessors.

> Halo 3.5 for the win!
>
> In all seriousness, 343 should build off of Halo 3, but shouldn’t make an exact copy. This is just my opinion.

This is how I have always envisioned the series. Halo 2 built off of Halo:CE. Halo 3 built off of Halo 2. Halo Reach was more of an experiment than growth in the series. A lateral move I would call it.

Halo 4 I feel was a failure and died rather quickly.

I am speaking strictly about multiplayer BTW.

> Should be nothing like any other one. 343i need to be innovative, but succeed with it.

This in a way, keep the golden triangle (which has never disappeared) but innovate the game play more.

Why no option for “all of the above” after “completely new”?

While I don’t believe fondly in Repitition, I believe that Halo 5 should be based on taking the truly loved and best parts of the older Halos, and add a new game changing element( Not weapons, equipment, etc that is in the game) this should be distinguish Halo other than by its Campaign and music. I also think that we should not ditch the elements in Halo 4 that distinguishes it from previous Halos( good and bad) but instead make them optional in playlists, instead of being forced down our throats and soon deleted. New things that I personally would like to add, although no likely would be: A dev kit, Halo Wars 2 ( In game), Halo Mega Bloks the game( a weird but interesting experiment) A Dev Kit, Mini Games playlist( or arcade) all maps have option to be sent into matchmaking and sent through rigorous tests. As for the new element, think of it, what is used to make Spartan armour, it could have “Override” mode which essentially overrides the system and grants the Spartan the super inhuman things they could so called have achieved in the books and many more, this could be also when the points stack up… and could grant the Spartan the boosts maybe. Or we could have the ability to jump off walls and latch on to them( It could say" Gravity Boots Enabled" and many more.

why did you put cod in the poll section? cod has nothing to do with halo.

Halo 3 was good, but after returning to halo reach after some time, I love that game too.

Somewhere in between would be nice.

> > Should be nothing like any other one. 343i need to be innovative, but succeed with it.
>
> Well then it shouldn’t have Halo in the title.
>
> Innovation doesn’t mean making it nothing like its predecessors.

As far as MM goes is mainly what I’n referring to.

> why did you put cod in the poll section? cod has nothing to do with halo.

COD is one of the biggest selling FPS’s of all time. Love it or hate it you cannot deny that fact. Many people might argue that they would play Halo if it was more dumbed down like COD.

Also, COD is Halo’s direct competition as a leading FPS so it has very much to do with Halo from a business standpoint.

> Halo 3 was good, but after returning to halo reach after some time, I love that game too.
>
> Somewhere in between would be nice.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I think 343i should pay attention to the fact that so far no one has voted for Halo 4. I realize this is a tiny amount of people but I really feel that fact that not a single vote for the latest in the series says something.

They’re paying attention. 5 should prove this.

Every halo game been different that is a fact right there and should stay that way.

I say we build off of what was good in previous halo games and make halo 5 entirely new so its simlier in a way while having a hole new experience.

> As far as MM goes is mainly what I’n referring to.

Even more so in that case. It still needs to be based on previous Halo’s to some degree, otherwise what is there to identify with? That’s what I’m getting at.

I don’t think you really mean that nothing should be the same, as I’m guessing you still want the ability to strafe, jump and use guns (among various other things).
Correct me if I’m wrong, but what you probably mean is that anything that is not central to Halo’s gameplay, should be completely revamped in order to give the game its own unique identity within the Halo franchise.

I think Halo 5 should build off of Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Reach’s UI. :wink:

Unless 343 returns to the original gameplay mechanics of the original trilogy I’m giving up on this franchise once and for all.

MAKE IT HALO 3.5 AND SAVE HALO PLEASE. CANT AFFORD ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY IN SPACE.
HALO 3.5 ALL THE WAY

> Unless 343 returns to the original gameplay mechanics of the original trilogy I’m giving up on this franchise once and for all.

Same here Lol