Halo 5 vs Halo Reach Armor Contents (+ Opinion)

Hello everyone, i’m making this thread to socialize about the armor contents in Halo 5 and compare with Halo Reach. Ok?
Let’s move on with a premise:
The count i just did doesn’t include poses, assassinations, emblems, armor effect and voice for firefight.
Basically, just the armor.

Halo 5:
N. helmets (at the moment): 223
N. helmets (without variants): [90]
Including:

• Scanner armor (which is basically the soldier armor)
  • Challenger (which is Protector armor with different skin)

N. armors (at the moment): 223
N. armors (without variants): [90]
Including:

• Scanner armor
  • Challenger

N. visors: [60]

TOTAL: 506 including variants
TOTAL: [240 not including variants]

Note: The armors in Halo 5 use different colors, besides the primary and secondary colors.
- White (es. Strider)
- Black (es. Eva Leonov)
- Black with opacity primary color (es. Soldier)
- Black with opacity secondary color (es. Mark VI Gen1 or Noble)
- Silver (es. Achilles)
- Tertiary colors (es. Security Watchdog)

Halo Reach:
N. helmets : 63
N. helmets (without variants): [21]
Including:

• Eva C (Emile’s helmet)

N. shoulders (both): [36]
N. chest: [17]
N. wrist: [6]
N. utility: [6]
N. visors: [5]
N. knee: [4]
N. Elite armors: [7]

TOTAL: 162 Including variants
TOTAL: [120 Not including variants]

These are just numbers (probably i did something wrong).
What do you think? Are you satisfied of the contents in Halo 5?

Personally, the thing i don’t like about Halo 5 is the fact they define 2 piece of lines in the armor as “variant”.
And also, i don’t like the downgrade they did about customization.
I think they shouldn’t make odd lines, but, like in Reach, give the secondary color to arms and legs, and make variants with literally something different, like some addons.
See you.

Nice work

Reach is better because Halo 5 has too, fcking too much variants, why why? Why would you have two different version of one armor when the only difference is a white line?! Why would you have those variants when you have 240 armors??!! It’s cool to have scarred variants like the crushed visor of Chief and some skulls on the armor but not these other variants. Add more different and original armors like CQB and EOD not fcking 200 variations, it’s so stupid

BC I’m a reach fanboy I’ll always take it over 5, but seriously the whole art style and customization options in reach were wayyy better than what we got in H5.

Glad they put some reach armors back so I could wear what I like

Reach customisation was much better. Aside from killing off major points of customisation in Halo 5, the fact that nearly every piece of armour is covered in black or white blotches of paint, or odd differences of colour that the player can’t change, coupled with the coloured undersuits, is a real turn off for a lot of people. Plus, I really, really prefer the old art style of Reach, (And even more so Halo 3) which Halo 5 jut can’t compare to.

90% of Halo 5s armor look bad IMO, I’d rather have less than 90 helmets and instead have good looking helmets.

I love the Reach set so much better. It wasn’t extremely shiny, it didn’t look like plastic, it looked real deal. Some of the armor in Halo 5 just looks weird. Also, you could change your kneepads, your shoulders, one of your forearms, along with armor affect. Don’t forget playing as Elites

I think it’s a question of quality vs quantity. Nobody can argue that Halo 5 has more types of armour than Reach. However, what does that really mean? Not only do many of these armours look really bad and unlike Halo, but you really can’t customize anything. You’re stuck choosing from helmets, armours and visors, while Reach gave you three times as many options.

Halo Reach gave us the option to make our Spartan look truly the way we wanted them to. You want one bigger shoulder and a small one? Sure! You want different knee pads? Go for it! And not only that, no matter which combination you chose, things actually looked like they were meant to fit together. There was not a single piece of armour that looked like it didn’t fit in with the rest of your set. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for Halo 5. A lot of the armour designs don’t work together at all. Venator helmet and Mark IV body? Doesn’t fit. Seeker helmet with Helioskrill? Not going to work. Noble helmet with Goblin armour? Looks silly. On top of that, we also have skins that are covered in white crap. I wanted to use the Helljumper helmet with my Vigilant armour set. Too bad the helmet had white lines everywhere and it just looked bad. And what about different armours having different shares of colours? I would love to wear the Wrath armour with the Indomitable helmet. But… for some reason, 343i decided to go and make the Wrath armour five shades darker than everything else… What the hell? It’s almost as though they don’t want us to customize our Spartans.

And, overall, the Reach (Or Halo 3, or Bungie in general) art style was much better than Halo 5’s. Bungie’s Spartans looked like super soldiers, not ridiculous cheap toys that offer little more protection than a metal bra.

> 2533274808386392;8:
> I think it’s a question of quality vs quantity. Nobody can argue that Halo 5 has more types of armour than Reach. However, what does that really mean? Not only do many of these armours look really bad and unlike Halo, but you really can’t customize anything. You’re stuck choosing from helmets, armours and visors, while Reach gave you three times as many options.
>
> Halo Reach gave us the option to make our Spartan look truly the way we wanted them to. You want one bigger shoulder and a small one? Sure! You want different knee pads? Go for it! And not only that, no matter which combination you chose, things actually looked like they were meant to fit together. There was not a single piece of armour that looked like it didn’t fit in with the rest of your set. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for Halo 5. A lot of the armour designs don’t work together at all. Venator helmet and Mark IV body? Doesn’t fit. Seeker helmet with Helioskrill? Not going to work. Noble helmet with Goblin armour? Looks silly. On top of that, we also have skins that are covered in white crap. I wanted to use the Helljumper helmet with my Vigilant armour set. Too bad the helmet had white lines everywhere and it just looked bad. And what about different armours having different shares of colours? I would love to wear the Wrath armour with the Indomitable helmet. But… for some reason, 343i decided to go and make the Wrath armour five shades darker than everything else… What the hell? It’s almost as though they don’t want us to customize our Spartans.
>
> And, overall, the Reach (Or Halo 3, or Bungie in general) art style was much better than Halo 5’s. Bungie’s Spartans looked like super soldiers, not ridiculous cheap toys that offer little more protection than a metal bra.

I agree 110%. Not to mention, players like to feel like they stand out and Bungie gave players that ability. You could customize every aspect of your Spartan in Halo Reach and could earn unloackables that would make you stand out from everyone else in multiplayer like the Red Flames and Blue Flames for your aura or the Haunted Skull Helmet for hitting the rank of Inheritor. Things like that which made players feel special and cool even if it was for a brief period of time. Same goes for Halo 3 with the Hayabusa Armor, Recon Armor and even a 24 hour period where players got to wear the Bungie Employee Flaming Helmet for Bungie Day in 2010. In Halo 5, you have 200+ armor types but you can’t mix any of them and none of them stand out. Its all just armor that most players wouldn’t be able to tell whether its a common or Legendary level armor type. It’s just not the same

Quality > quantity
In terms of armor, art style, and customization, even Halo 3 is superior to “halo” 5, with Reach being a significant improvement from there. Don’t forget we also got to customize our emblem, primary color, secondary color or toggle it off, and background.

You you have unlimited armor and Reach would still look better if the new armor is hardly customizable and all looks like the same obscenely bright colored clay/plastic blob more than a couple meters away. Even now I love how Reach’s armor still looks realistic and made of actual metal with a cool undersuit.

Remember Reach!

Most of the armor looked so bad to me, that I could WAIT to unlock Wrath, & I haven’t taken it off since.

> 2533274808386392;8:
> I think it’s a question of quality vs quantity. Nobody can argue that Halo 5 has more types of armour than Reach. However, what does that really mean? Not only do many of these armours look really bad and unlike Halo, but you really can’t customize anything. You’re stuck choosing from helmets, armours and visors, while Reach gave you three times as many options.
>
> Halo Reach gave us the option to make our Spartan look truly the way we wanted them to. You want one bigger shoulder and a small one? Sure! You want different knee pads? Go for it! And not only that, no matter which combination you chose, things actually looked like they were meant to fit together. There was not a single piece of armour that looked like it didn’t fit in with the rest of your set. Unfortunately, that’s not the case for Halo 5. A lot of the armour designs don’t work together at all. Venator helmet and Mark IV body? Doesn’t fit. Seeker helmet with Helioskrill? Not going to work. Noble helmet with Goblin armour? Looks silly. On top of that, we also have skins that are covered in white crap. I wanted to use the Helljumper helmet with my Vigilant armour set. Too bad the helmet had white lines everywhere and it just looked bad. And what about different armours having different shares of colours? I would love to wear the Wrath armour with the Indomitable helmet. But… for some reason, 343i decided to go and make the Wrath armour five shades darker than everything else… What the hell? It’s almost as though they don’t want us to customize our Spartans.
>
> And, overall, the Reach (Or Halo 3, or Bungie in general) art style was much better than Halo 5’s. Bungie’s Spartans looked like super soldiers, not ridiculous cheap toys that offer little more protection than a metal bra.

I totally agree with you. I didn’t want to make my opinion longer, but i think anyone here just answered what i would have said.
I hope 343 can do something about it. Also, i hope they think about how to use the points we earn during the battles, how to unlock the armors, and so on.
Reach is probably the best example they should too take inspiration. Look the armors: They fit perfectly. It’s not like the armors in Halo 5.
It’s literally like you said, that seems like they want you don’t customize in Halo 5.
There are a lot of things they should improve, and i hope in Halo 6 they do these things in better.

> 2533274931864540;4:
> BC I’m a reach fanboy I’ll always take it over 5, but seriously the whole art style and customization options in reach were wayyy better than what we got in H5.
>
> Glad they put some reach armors back so I could wear what I like

Nice GT you got there :wink: Noble Actual out.