Halo 5 update

I’ve recently watched this video on YouTube, it’s absolutely amazing. I find it makes sense to do a Halo 5 update featuring the banished. Would bring back many players and some new players too. I hope 343 see this and reply, please give me your thoughts on this.
Here is the link: What if Atriox was in Halo 5 Warzone? - YouTube

Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible

> 2533274812739810;2:
> Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible

This is what happens when you don’t optimize your game and take storage space for granted because we’re not dealing with the 360’s initial storage restraints.

> 2800676018284000;3:
> > 2533274812739810;2:
> > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
>
> This is what happens when you don’t optimize your game and take storage space for granted because we’re not dealing with the 360’s initial storage restraints.

Yeah 343i messed up with the AI a lot in Halo and that took up a lot of space. They made compromises to try and adhere to this new co-op campaign with friendly AI. I think they’ve learnt a lot and it’s hard to be tough on 343i but everyone has been, there team went through a lot of changes after Halo 4, with people who then worked on Spartan Ops taking up major roles in Halo 5 which really wasn’t ideal so the people who did build the story for Halo 4 and weren’t there to implement what Halo 5 could have been. The best thing about Halo 5 is Arena and it’s one of or if not the best in the series but everything else really falls flat

Remember when people wanted to put halo 5, a 100+ gigabyte game, on the Xbox 360, a console which the base model of only had 4gb of storage? I remember

Halo 5 being 100g is ridiculous for the content we have. Forge would be responsible for alot of that

> 2533274826612929;6:
> Halo 5 being 100g is ridiculous for the content we have. Forge would be responsible for alot of that

I still can’t fathom how the June hotfix ended up being over a gigabyte in size for what the patch notes said it did.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

100GB - still doesn’t work properly I think the game could be 200GB and 343 still wouldn’t be able to fix it

Check out Gamecheat13. He has a video kinda about this. Just type in his YouTube name and Brute weapons.

> 2533274873349282;9:
> Check out Gamecheat13. He has a video kinda about this. Just type in his YouTube name and Brute weapons.

Ok dude cheers

If 343 was too remove some of the pointless armour variants that are a different shade or pattern to the actual armour and get rid of some of the pointless AR,BR,SMG and DMR varients in the game and give players Reqs and get rid of some of the pointless forge items that no one uses they could get rid of some space and add the banished to warzone which would be an amazing idea

> 2533274924776157;11:
> If 343 was too remove some of the pointless armour variants that are a different shade or pattern to the actual armour and get rid of some of the pointless AR,BR,SMG and DMR varients in the game and give players Reqs and get rid of some of the pointless forge items that no one uses they could get rid of some space and add the banished to warzone which would be an amazing idea

All of those wouldn’t give them that much space. Most of those are just reskins which use the same assets. it might give them at most a couple gigs which wouldn’t be enough for brand new enemies, vehicles, and weapons.

> 2533274812739810;2:
> Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible

Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.

This is a great idea and we all would love to see this happen but I feel that it’s too big. For them to do this they would have to add brutes which is entirely new enemy and that would take time to add as well as different skins for existing banished members like grunts, elites etc as well as for the vehicles and a lot of new weapons. As much as I want this to happen I can’t see it ever happening but on the bright side their pretty much guaranteed to appear in halo 6 along with the flood!

I wish we had the option to delete the huge forge update if we so choose. I haven’t touched halo 5s forge for a second, and I think there are many others who haven’t either. Why should have to download such a big thing that never gets used by many players.

> 2533274829873463;13:
> > 2533274812739810;2:
> > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
>
> Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.

It might be their main IP but I know Tom French who overlooked everything forge said they can’t add anything else to forge due to reaching a limit

> 2533274812739810;16:
> > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > 2533274812739810;2:
> > > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
> >
> > Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.
>
> It might be their main IP but I know Tom French who overlooked everything forge said they can’t add anything else to forge due to reaching a limit

Depends on what he meant by limit…performance wise yes there would be an issue if they had more content to deal with since 343i focused more on graphics over game-play, FPS would suffer because of this, this would be 343i’s fault…as for the updates themselves…there is no reason why they couldn’t add more updates without it effecting the game since it’s about managing their game correctly, so far they haven’t done that well, which is why H5’s UI is a sluggish mess with tons of bugs.

> 2533274829873463;17:
> > 2533274812739810;16:
> > > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > > 2533274812739810;2:
> > > > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
> > >
> > > Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.
> >
> > It might be their main IP but I know Tom French who overlooked everything forge said they can’t add anything else to forge due to reaching a limit
>
> Depends on what he meant by limit…performance wise yes there would be an issue if they had more content to deal with since 343i focused more on graphics over game-play, FPS would suffer because of this, this would be 343i’s fault…as for the updates themselves…there is no reason why they couldn’t add more updates without it effecting the game since it’s about managing their game correctly, so far they haven’t done that well, which is why H5’s UI is a sluggish mess with tons of bugs.

No doubt 343 did a poor job in terms of managing the games performance and they should really take notes from Gears 4, they focused too much on friendly AI and graphics that everything else fell short. Best part of Halo 5 is arena, warzone is a mess and firefight ain’t too bad and well don’t get me started on the story.

> 2533274812739810;18:
> > 2533274829873463;17:
> > > 2533274812739810;16:
> > > > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > > > 2533274812739810;2:
> > > > > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
> > > >
> > > > Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.
> > >
> > > It might be their main IP but I know Tom French who overlooked everything forge said they can’t add anything else to forge due to reaching a limit
> >
> > Depends on what he meant by limit…performance wise yes there would be an issue if they had more content to deal with since 343i focused more on graphics over game-play, FPS would suffer because of this, this would be 343i’s fault…as for the updates themselves…there is no reason why they couldn’t add more updates without it effecting the game since it’s about managing their game correctly, so far they haven’t done that well, which is why H5’s UI is a sluggish mess with tons of bugs.
>
> No doubt 343 did a poor job in terms of managing the games performance and they should really take notes from Gears 4, they focused too much on friendly AI and graphics that everything else fell short. Best part of Halo 5 is arena, warzone is a mess and firefight ain’t too bad and well don’t get me started on the story.

Friendly AI didn’t seem bad, in fact in some cases they were useless in H5’s campaign, they were ok in Warzone but doubt the graphics would have taken as long as the time taken on the AI but the graphics are more likely to cause issues.

> 2533274829873463;19:
> > 2533274812739810;18:
> > > 2533274829873463;17:
> > > > 2533274812739810;16:
> > > > > 2533274829873463;13:
> > > > > > 2533274812739810;2:
> > > > > > Seems like a good idea and could increase hype around Halo Wars 2. However I’ve heard 343i have reached their allowed file size for updates, Halo 5 is over 100GB now but it could still be possible
> > > > >
> > > > > Doubt they have a limit. 343i are directly run by Microsoft, are basicially the same, its their main IP so doubt they’d put a limit on content. Maybe I’m wrong but I suspect MMOs like ESO are pretty big games that are going to go over 100gig eventually or maybe they have.
> > > >
> > > > It might be their main IP but I know Tom French who overlooked everything forge said they can’t add anything else to forge due to reaching a limit
> > >
> > > Depends on what he meant by limit…performance wise yes there would be an issue if they had more content to deal with since 343i focused more on graphics over game-play, FPS would suffer because of this, this would be 343i’s fault…as for the updates themselves…there is no reason why they couldn’t add more updates without it effecting the game since it’s about managing their game correctly, so far they haven’t done that well, which is why H5’s UI is a sluggish mess with tons of bugs.
> >
> > No doubt 343 did a poor job in terms of managing the games performance and they should really take notes from Gears 4, they focused too much on friendly AI and graphics that everything else fell short. Best part of Halo 5 is arena, warzone is a mess and firefight ain’t too bad and well don’t get me started on the story.
>
> Friendly AI didn’t seem bad, in fact in some cases they were useless in H5’s campaign, they were ok in Warzone but doubt the graphics would have taken as long as the time taken on the AI but the graphics are more likely to cause issues.

Whether it was graphics or AI they messed up somewhere which is why I’m glad we might not be seeing Halo 6 till 2019. They need to work on all that feedback