Halo 5 Unobtainable Medals

Hey all,

Been playing H5 ever since release and have been enjoying the multiplayer as much as H3. I’m definitely not saying one is better than the other, they’re both different in their own ways. But…one of the coolest parts of H3 was going online to view my game stats and medals to see how far I had come, then comparing them to others across the world.

While there are other more important matchmaking issues like that need to be addressed, I feel it’s necessary to bring up something that has persisted since day 1: glitched medals. Specifically, the 2 breakout medals: Buzzer Beater and Triple Threat.

With the re-addition of Extermination as a playlist, I think it’s necessary to bring it up once again since it’s supposed to be possible to get these medals in this playlist, let alone the ranked Breakout playlist. I’ve played a lot of this playlist before and got a few Immortals and Vanquisher medals which are definitely boasting material, but no one in the entire world has the 2 medals mentioned in the previous paragraph.

I’m not here to tell anybody this should be an easy fix. Game companies always have help-tickets and outstanding bugs that they’re constantly needing to solve. But if there is any chance these medals would be obtainable before the next Halo game comes out, it’d be awesome to see the Breakout mode get one last hurrah before the majority of people move to the new game.

Those medals shouldn’t count in extermination which is why they aren’t available in that playlist. They would be way to easy to get if they were.

They exist in Extermination because the playlist is based off of the Breakout mode as a gametype. As for the actual Breakout playlist in ranked multiplayer, the medals I mentioned before (Buzzer Beater & Triple Threat) are completely unobtainable. They have been since the game’s release, which is why I’m bringing new attention to it since the last post that talked about it was on 6/23/2016 by SiN SHOOT2KILL.

I’ve played a lot of breakout (81 Immortals, yeah I’m gonna brag about it haha). I am 100% sure I should have the Buzzer Beater medal but like you said it’s glitched. Not sure I’ve qualified for Triple Threat. That’s a tough medal. All the more reason they should fix it. It would be rare.

> I’ve played a lot of breakout (81 Immortals, yeah I’m gonna brag about it haha).

Nice! 75 for me at the moment, whaddup boi.

As for the triple threat, I actually just tested it earlier today in a match of Paintball in Action Sack. It’s probably the easiest way to test it currently since health is extremely low in that mode. Nade kills yield immediate results with their splash damage, then sneaking into their base and meleeing them while finishing off another with a single plasma pistol shot. But no…nothing. Yet…Immortal, Fast Break, Vanquisher, Blind Side, Extinction and Superfecta/Trifecta/Bifecta medals work just fine.

Hmm…

> 2535468812026872;4:
> I’ve played a lot of breakout (81 Immortals, yeah I’m gonna brag about it haha). I am 100% sure I should have the Buzzer Beater medal but like you said it’s glitched. Not sure I’ve qualified for Triple Threat. That’s a tough medal. All the more reason they should fix it. It would be rare.

Triple Threat seemed much easier to achieve in “Classic Breakout” back when we didn’t have shields. Buzzer Beater is mildly annoying, given how intense 1v1 confrontations can get.

I appreciate everybody that has responded to this thread so far. Unfortunately, after rigorous attempts of trying everything in customs lobbies and general Breakout matchmaking, it seems the 2 medals (Buzzer Beater & Triple Threat) are still glitched. I even acquired some of the harder Oddball medals to get (Smooth Moves and Ballsassination), which further proves that every other medal in the game is obtainable…except those two.

> 2533274822378190;7:
> I appreciate everybody that has responded to this thread so far. Unfortunately, after rigorous attempts of trying everything in customs lobbies and general Breakout matchmaking, it seems the 2 medals (Buzzer Beater & Triple Threat) are still glitched. I even acquired some of the harder Oddball medals to get (Smooth Moves and Ballsassination), which further proves that every other medal in the game is obtainable…except those two.

That a real bummer. In all my favourite games I love to complete and get everything that’s possible. And not being able to do that just because of a glitch is really annoying.
However I’m very uncertain if they will fix it before H6. They probably have bigger fish to fry.

I will cross my fingers for you and everyone else that wants this fixed!