Halo 5 Trailer Analysis

So now that Halo 5 has been confirmed (I know Halo 5 was never stated as the title during E3, but what other game would it be?) we might as well begin to speculate what this means for the story.

So what I noticed…
-Hobo Chief? It seems John has set off to do something on his own and obviously it has led him to a forerunner planet.
-War Sphinx. Holy -Yoink-! That thing is huge! Does this mean we’re going to be fighting one in Halo 5?
-Cortana’s chip. Is John setting off to find Cortana now? Does this mean she’s still alive?
-Mendicant Bias. After reading Silentium… I’m a bit confused about Mendicant Bias. In the first trilogy, he was scattered by offensive bias across several forerunner installations and even makes a shady appearance in Halo 3 to help John through the terminals. But according to Silentium, the Iso Didact locked him up in a tomb that was buried in the sand. Halo 5’s trailer takes place in a desert. Could this mean Mendicant Bias might be our enemy/ally in Halo 5 and if he is, then would this mark the return of Offensive Bias or the flood?EDIT: I noticed in another thread that the forerunner AI/vehicle in the trailer could be a Seeker. A Seeker is a forerunner AI/armored vehicle that’s a new generation of combat vehicle that outdates the War Sphinx.

Very excited.

If Chief is there to awaken Mendicant Bias, I’ll be so elated!

Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.

> Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.

That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?

> > Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.
>
> That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?

What about the two suns being reflected in chief’s visor?

Halo 4 didn’t have Scarabs. So of course we need a War Sphinx for filling that hole :smiley:

Anyway, about the Mendicant Bias. I hope it would only be in this game, I thought/wish it only was in the first trilogy. But it would be fun to see them again, but not as a main villian this time.

> > > Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.
> >
> > That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?
>
> What about the two suns being reflected in chief’s visor?

You mean the War Sphinx/Seeker’s eyes? Two suns could never be that close without tearing each other apart. Even 343i could realize that.

> So now that Halo 5 has been confirmed (I know Halo 5 was never stated as the title during E3, but what other game would it be?) we might as well begin to speculate what this means for the story.
>
> So what I noticed…
> -Hobo Chief? It seems John has set off to do something on his own and obviously it has led him to a forerunner planet.
> -War Sphinx. Holy Yoink!! That thing is huge! Does this mean we’re going to be fighting one in Halo 5?
> -Cortana’s chip. Is John setting off to find Cortana now? Does this mean she’s still alive?
> -Mendicant Bias. After reading Silentium… I’m a bit confused about Mendicant Bias. In the first trilogy, he was scattered by offensive bias across several forerunner installations and even makes a shady appearance in Halo 3 to help John through the terminals. But according to Silentium, the Iso Didact locked him up in a tomb that was buried in the sand. Halo 5’s trailer takes place in a desert. Could this mean Mendicant Bias might be our enemy/ally in Halo 5 and if he is, then would this mark the return of Offensive Bias or the flood?

I thought mendicant bias was buried on the ark… or did I misunderstand?

I’m very excited for this.

> > Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.
>
> That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?

Every other Halo game teaser told us where we were, what was happening, and why it was happening. From this teaser we’ve learned MC is a Jedi, can go back in time to find Cortana’s chip before it was vaporized, and fights War Sphinxes with his fists.

Who else have you seen wandering vast desert worlds while wearing brown cloaks? The only thing he needs is a lightsaber.

> > > Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.
> >
> > That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?
>
> Every other Halo game teaser told us where we were, what was happening, and why it was happening. From this teaser we’ve learned MC is a Jedi, can go back in time to find Cortana’s chip before it was vaporized, and fights War Sphinxes with his fists.
>
> Who else have you seen wandering vast desert worlds while wearing brown cloaks? The only thing he needs is a lightsaber.

Teasers are not canonical. Remember Halo 4’s?

I was hopeing for a different type of analysis. But here, you see the foundry of the ark and the signature mountains. You see that his visor is cracked on the left of the screen. It’s too big for a war sphinx.

> >
>
> Every other Halo game teaser told us where we were, what was happening, and why it was happening. From this teaser we’ve learned MC is a Jedi, can go back in time to find Cortana’s chip before it was vaporized, and fights War Sphinxes with his fists.
>
> Who else have you seen wandering vast desert worlds while wearing brown cloaks? The only thing he needs is a lightsaber.

A Hunter on Mars in Destiny?

I’d figure MB would be bigger than that…or dead as Halo 3 kinda implied.

> I was hopeing for a different type of analysis. But here, you see the foundry of the ark and the signature mountains. You see that his visor is cracked on the left of the screen. It’s too big for a war sphinx.

My money is on it being a Seeker.

The trailer was absolutely amazing! I wonder how he got his visor cracked.

> > > > Plot holes and Chief’s a Jedi now fighting a War Sphinx on Tatooine. I am really disappointed to say the least.
> > >
> > > That’s why it’s a teaser, more will be explained later. But really, Jedi? Why do some people think anything with a cloak that is walking in a desert is plagiarizing Star Wars?
> >
> > Every other Halo game teaser told us where we were, what was happening, and why it was happening. From this teaser we’ve learned MC is a Jedi, can go back in time to find Cortana’s chip before it was vaporized, and fights War Sphinxes with his fists.
> >
> > Who else have you seen wandering vast desert worlds while wearing brown cloaks? The only thing he needs is a lightsaber.
>
> Teasers are not canonical. Remember Halo 4’s?

They’re never guaranteed as canonical, but they always had the same general idea. There’s no point in making a teaser for your game that is not at all like the game itself.

I’m excited. Also there is sand and when there is sand there could be a sand trap.

> I’m excited. Also there is sand and when there is sand there could be a <mark>sand trap</mark>.

But will there be Choppers?

I just watched the trailer. It was quite intense. lol, reminded me of Obi-Wan Kenobi with that robe. However, i hope its better and has more gadgets, playlists, weapons returning weapons, etc.