Halo 5 Tournament Matchmaking Idea

So, I’ve been toying with an idea that I am surprised hasn’t made an appearance in any multiplayer game. The only thing that has come close is a little soccer game for mobile platform.

Basically, as 343 hunts for the competitive gamer market, they need to do more than offer what they believe is a competitive ranking system, instead they should utilize features found in most sports - there are a few different things they can do, but I think the easiest one and probably the most fun, would be to have an automatic tournament system.

It wouldn’t be anything too crazy, you could just:

1. choose the tournament matchmaking option with your party.

2. The matchmaking system automatically sets up a bracket with 4-16 teams.

3. Each game starts at the same time - so if it’s team slayer the match is 12 minutes long for everyone up to 50.

4. If a team dominates their opponent, the most they will have to wait is probably 1-5 minutes, before they play their next tournament match.

5. The bracket plays out like a traditional sport.

That sounds pretty cool. Certainly better than Reach’s Arena gametype. I would play it for sure.

Like the idea! Just give me an achievement or armor piece for winning.

Good idea. Not sure if 343 would add it at this point, but it sure is a great idea.

You have earned yourself a like. The championship match could have increased EXP and an achievement for the first time your team wins. If your team wins really quick, maybe it could allow you to spectate ongoing game where you would face the winner.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> You have earned yourself a like. The championship match could have increased EXP and an achievement for the first time your team wins. If your team wins really quick, maybe it could allow you to spectate ongoing game where you would face the winner.

That would be a great solution if the technical know-how is there. I think this would be the solution to “clans” in Halo as well, I loved Halo 2 clanmatch, but this would allow a clan page for teams to visit to see things like their Total Wins. Total Losses, Total Championship finishes, Total Second Place finishes, Clan rank globally and my favorite:

A roster with all the team members accumulated stats, i.e.:

• Total Kills
  • Total Assits
  • Total Deaths
  • K/D Ratio
  • Average Kills/Assists/Deaths/Life Span per game
  • Best weapon
  • Total Medals

It would take the best features of sports games - and hell, maybe they do it like monthly seasons and you get bonus XP/emblems/armor pieces et cetera for “Leading the league in XXX” with a little commendation on your profile.

> 2558071395506005;6:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > You have earned yourself a like. The championship match could have increased EXP and an achievement for the first time your team wins. If your team wins really quick, maybe it could allow you to spectate ongoing game where you would face the winner.
>
>
> That would be a great solution if the technical know-how is there. I think this would be the solution to “clans” in Halo as well, I loved Halo 2 clanmatch, but this would allow a clan page for teams to visit to see things like their Total Wins. Total Losses, Total Championship finishes, Total Second Place finishes, Clan rank globally and my favorite:
>
> A roster with all the team members accumulated stats, i.e.:
>
> - Total Kills
> - Total Assits
> - Total Deaths
> - K/D Ratio
> - Average Kills/Assists/Deaths/Life Span per game
> - Best weapon
> - Total Medals
>
> It would take the best features of sports games - and hell, maybe they do it like monthly seasons and you get bonus XP/emblems/armor pieces et cetera for “Leading the league in XXX” with a little commendation on your profile.

Love this idea