Halo 5 to halo 6 armor

What Halo 5 exclusive armor set do you hope makes it into infinite? I hope the centurion makes it, I think it’s one of the coolest new armor additions that 343 has created

I agree with centurion, but honestly I just hope they don’t REMOVE any classic armors in Infinite. Not that I think they would, since to my knowledge they haven’t in 5.

> 2533274856865856;2:
> I agree with centurion, but honestly I just hope they don’t REMOVE any classic armors in Infinite. Not that I think they would, since to my knowledge they haven’t in 5.

I hope they don’t either. Only time will tell my friend

I just hope the armors from halo 5 blue team stay, even if they are tweaked a little, because they look really cool (maybe a little overboard on the amount of stuff on Linda’s helmet, but it still looks awesome)

The Timmy Helmet is a great joke helmet and would love to see it stick around.

To bring this topic a little more in line with the purpose of this forum (lore and expanded universe), do you think that the in universe explanation for why the art direction for the armor appears closer to GEN1 aesthetically will be a jump to GEN3 armor systems?

Exclusive?

Do you mean the same armor with either a circle or triangle painted on it so that they can have three different variants of the same exact thing?

Joking aside as the Act Man made that funny video comparing Halo 5 customization to Halo Reach. I’m not an artisitic designer and I’m not involved in the creation of video games so I can’t complain as I wouldn’t do any better, but Reach got armor perfectly IMO. The helmet was a clear sign of what could have been in store as you had the base helmet with 2 or was it 3 attachments to mix and match.

Really wishing 343i expanded on that instead of going backwards to body, helmet and visor.

The only armor I want again though is gungnir with the flashlight on the side from Halo Reach. Not a fan of the new gungnir personally.

Buck’s Helljumper set

I’d like GEN1 Operator and Recon to come back. I really dig NOBLE in theory too, but it just doesn’t quite look right in game, so if they revised and improved the look of it that’d be one I’d like to see back as well.

Likewise, I’d of course love to see MkIV, MkV, and MkVI come back- if V and VI didn’t at this point it would be nigh heresy. I personally feel like Halo 4 and 5 haven’t done these sets justice, though. They look strangely inflated and bubbly from what they have in prior games- especially the helmets. I like the idea of the Nightfall set in Halo 5 but it has the same bizarre helmet issue as the Mk MJOLNIR sets and consequently isn’t something I use on my Spartan. More time and attention or another approach is necessary to make these classic sets look more faithful to what they’re supposed to be.

I’m curious as to if anyone else agrees that the MJOLNIR MkIV-VI look bizarre in Halo 4-5? Aside of course from the colored undersuits. Maybe it’s just me.

All of the old Halo 3 helmets (come on, you all know we miss Hayabusa) and armor as well as a lot of the newer ones. Locust is honestly one of my current favorites at the moment. But Noble Team, all MJOLNIR variant defaults (such as the Mark 4-6), Blue Team’s armor, etc are keepers in my opinion.

recruit, it would cool to see it with a black undersuit and space diaper

Helioskrill and variants are easy favorites

I’ve been saying this for years… Please have a better organized armor system like Reach. All the armors are pretty cool, so if they keep all of them, that would be nice.

Achillies of course.

> 2533274861158694;8:
> I’d like GEN1 Operator and Recon to come back. I really dig NOBLE in theory too, but it just doesn’t quite look right in game, so if they revised and improved the look of it that’d be one I’d like to see back as well.
>
> Likewise, I’d of course love to see MkIV, MkV, and MkVI come back- if V and VI didn’t at this point it would be nigh heresy. I personally feel like Halo 4 and 5 haven’t done these sets justice, though. They look strangely inflated and bubbly from what they have in prior games- especially the helmets. I like the idea of the Nightfall set in Halo 5 but it has the same bizarre helmet issue as the Mk MJOLNIR sets and consequently isn’t something I use on my Spartan. More time and attention or another approach is necessary to make these classic sets look more faithful to what they’re supposed to be.
>
> I’m curious as to if anyone else agrees that the MJOLNIR MkIV-VI look bizarre in Halo 4-5? Aside of course from the colored undersuits. Maybe it’s just me.

They look a bit bizarre partially because Spartan body types changed a lot between 3 and 4/5. Spartans are leaner with narrower shoulders and wider hips. Additionally, shoulder pads sit much lower on the shoulders (more on the bicep.) This is especially noticeable on classic Mjolnir armors because the shoulderpads and shoulder armor always used to be much higher on the shoulder. Colored Undersuits also make things worse but causing it all to blend together in one big mass of color.

Mjolnir MK IV is probably the most accurate armor set of the three as it follows the OG design really well minus the aforementioned lower, smaller shoulders, wider hips, and colored undersuits. The inner/underside of the bicep is also unarmored.

The MK V (Alpha) set they made was pretty atrocious. The helmet is like a cruel joke (to the extent that they added the Mark V Delta Halo 3 Mk V later). The armor is not as terrible, but again it had low (and outwardly projected) shoulderpads and is a little too round especially on the forearms and shins. The shield lights aren’t in the right places either.

MK VI is somewhat recognizable but also suffers from low shoulderpads (that are also too round and wide instead of slim and oval/egg shaped). The shield lights aren’t in the right places, the codpiece on the Gen 1 version is a little too big (and obviously missing on the Gen 2 version). The helmet’s sun visor and jaw are a little too round, and the chin is not angular and long enough.

Wow- great attention to detail! You having pointed all of that out makes it all a lot clearer to me. I guess they may be a bit limited if proportions of Spartan character models have changed. Hopefully they address all the other issues in Infinite though

I’d love to see a lot of the armor sets that were in Halo Online only, from what I saw on the wiki and Youtube videos showcasing them all, those sets looked pretty cool, and were a missed opportunity for Halo 5 to be added in.

Also, I just want a proper ODST set, with different versions based on the ones seen in Halo 3 ODST, seeing as a lot of those guys became Spartans anyways, and aside from one of them, are technically War Heros just like Buck is, so their armor should have custom models too.

• Void dancer (for some reason this armor reminds me of a anime character

-helioskrills

-hunter

-hermes

-icarus

-reaper

-viper

side note: OG helmets like halo 3 Recon, rouge, EOD. And make them look Original as possible.

And unpopular opinion… bring back the oceanic armor!! The body of it was amazing!! And helmet was unique.

I hope they have chiefs halo 4-5 armor make an appearance. Although I much prefer his more classic look in infinite, I still liked the 4-5 look. It would be really cool if the halo 4-5 chief armor becomes a legendary campaign reward

> 2533274932512744;17:
> I hope they have chiefs halo 4-5 armor make an appearance. Although I much prefer his more classic look in infinite, I still liked the 4-5 look. It would be really cool if the halo 4-5 chief armor becomes a legendary campaign reward

You’re the first person I’ve seen to say that. I also love chiefs new armor design, this variant would be a cool unlock for beating the game on legendary or something

> 2535453464136870;18:
> > 2533274932512744;17:
> > I hope they have chiefs halo 4-5 armor make an appearance. Although I much prefer his more classic look in infinite, I still liked the 4-5 look. It would be really cool if the halo 4-5 chief armor becomes a legendary campaign reward
>
> You’re the first person I’ve seen to say that. I also love chiefs new armor design, this variant would be a cool unlock for beating the game on legendary or something

Yeah it would really be a shame if we don’t see it again because it’s a really nice set of armor and it really would be a great reward for completely the campaign on legendary

recruit, but with black undersuit and waist armor