Halo 5 to be on PC?

i am looking forward to halo 5 i enjoyed halo 4 but am no way going to buy an xbox one just for halo 5 and there are people out there will feel the same i can tell you now if halo 5 is on PC Microsoft will make tons of money out of it,because recently i moved to PC from xbox 360 and it will be a dream come true if Microsoft release all halo games on PC but obviously they care about money.look at Halo CE on PC! its still alive people still play it i do as well and its amazing to this day every body is doing so much on Halo CE like modding,creating maps for halo custom edition,and think about it halo CE is 13 years old game and yet we are doing so much with it on PC,imagine other halo games on PC think about what we can create,it will last us for years,god knows when

if Microsoft don’t release halo back on PC

microsoft will lose money

because many people out there are moving to the PC and even with the PS4

if they don’t release no halo games on PC then the community will make a halo game on PC and all ready they are!

ever heard of “Project contingency”? here is the halo game that will come to PC only and its going to be free

here is the link,check it out! its pretty amazing

Highly doubtful.

The name “Halo Xbox One” indicates that it will be an Xbox One exclusive. And if it was ported to PC, it’would almost certainly be a Windows 8 exclusive.

If I were you, I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

It won’t be on PC and MS won’t lose money, the game will sell millions.
Maybe they will release it on PC 7 years after it comes out on the XB1.

Yea, it ain’t gonna happen. Or at least not for a long time.

Sshers? Is that you?

I believe you are going to see something Halo on PC “soon.”

Yes -Yoink!- wants to move consoles, but -Yoink!- wants to move Windows 8 too. -Yoink!- has already stated you will be able to play xb360 games “from the cloud” using windows 8, but have not given an exact date.

I agree with those above me that “Halo XBOX ONE” will 99% just be on XB1, but Halo XB1 may or may not be “Halo 5.”

Halo is what will sell the X1 and Microsoft would not move to a multiplatform.

Plus, add that if they did, we would be stuck with a heavily DRM burdened game that basically owns your computer. That would be a gigantic turn off to most PC gamers unless it runs with Steam or Origin. Even then, you still have the crowd who refuses to touch games with DRM.

yes how do you know lol?

who are you?

I would like it to be. Microsoft’s definition of a “PC game” isn’t necessarily the best though, as it will be connected to the Windows 8 app store.

I own a pretty high-end gaming PC, so I would enjoy playing the latest iteration of Halo on it.

Sry but if you like halo you need a xbox one to get your halo 5 fix.

Halo 5 isn’t coming to PC, pirating and seeing how windows 8 isn’t popular with gamers, windows 7 is the much more preferred platform doesn’t seem to be worth the effort to make a port

Halo 5 exclusive= long term gain
Halo 5 PC= short term gain

They need to sell consoles and getting a different system, then expecting to get the same games is a bit silly, I’m sorry but it is. Do you expect Mario or uncharted to come to PC?

If you want a different system, you have to make some sacrifices.

Edit:

However you could expect games like halo wars 2 to come to PC but not an arena shooter.

Judging by your overall grammar, I would assume that you are a kid/teen that doesn’t understand how the gaming industry works. The short answer is why would Microsoft/343 spend a ton of extra time and money to bring one of their exclusives to another platform. Games like Halo sell systems. It appears like you have made the foolish switch to PC gaming, and not having a ton of the amazing exclusives coming to consoles/Xbox is just another one of the downsides(I have every generation of Xbox, and a gaming PC, so I know quite a bit about the differences between consoles and PC) Why would they spend time and money just to bring Halo back to a platform where half of its users torrented it? Why would they make the Xbox version worse just so that they could bring it to PC and lose console sales? Also, if you are going to make a post requesting Microsoft/343 to lose time and money for something you want, could you at least put a little bit of effort into it?

> yes how do you know lol?
>
> who are you?

Ask most PC gaming communities what they think about DRM. Most of them will say no DRM or Steam DRM is the only DRM they will touch. And I doubt Microsoft would join in with Steam. And I sure as hell positive that Microsoft will never let it go without DRM. So therefore, we are stuck with it on X1. It just wouldn’t prove profitable in any direction they took other then staying where they are.

Fun Fiction:

The witcher 2 didn’t have DRM and it got pirated 4.5million times :smiley:

Edit:

The fact was wrong… Damn you, steam forums!!

Punctuation OP, could barely read through your entire post…

Anyway, Halo on PC is not likely to happen soon. Not for the big ones at least. And MS is not losing money on a console only Halo. I mean, H4 sold, what? 8-9 million copies? They wouldn’t get those numbers on PC.
Not only that, but releasing Halo on a device everybody already owns means a bigger loss for MS. After all, that would mean no incentive to buy a XBO. Which means a couple hundred dollars/euros of potential “loss”.

To be short: won’t happen.

> Fun Fact:
>
> The witcher 2 didn’t have DRM and it got pirated 4.5million times :smiley:

Fun fact: The Witcher 2 did have DRM, but pirates broke through it in 8 minutes and told the company that they broke through it. That is why they got rid of it, because it doesn’t stop pirates, it just makes life more difficult for those who play the game fairly. Also, the Witcher 2 had a problematic CD key and wasa pain to install. So they got rid of it in a patch and the game series is still a smashing success.

Also, the Sims 3 had instituted strict DRM and it ended being the most pirated game ever.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

the xbox one already failed though, fans don’t even trust Microsoft anymore and the ps4 outsold the xbox one and its funny people like you still support Microsoft and you are still buying there products just because Microsoft removed the DRM for the xbox one it doesn’t mean everything is fine and in fact the DRM is still there in the xbox one but its not updated,Microsoft can do the update right now while am typing this message this is why i want halo to come to PC! and also many people left halo,look at the halo population they are moving to destiny and other games and also am not a fool who switched to PC gaming,its the best choice i ever did and i don’t regret and of course i will miss out the exclusive games but that would be only halo,i only brought an xbox just for halo,but honestly xbox isn’t worth of getting all because of microsoft

>

I don’t own an X1 and don’t plan on owning one anytime soon. I also don’t plan on buying it when Halo X1 releases so…

Don’t get me wrong, I semi-agree with you, but PC gaming is not the shining light at the end of the tunnel by any stretch of the imagination.

> > Fun Fact:
> >
> > The witcher 2 didn’t have DRM and it got pirated 4.5million times :smiley:
>
> Fun fact: The Witcher 2 did have DRM, but pirates broke through it in 8 minutes and told the company that they broke through it. That is why they got rid of it, because it doesn’t stop pirates, it just makes life more difficult for those who play the game fairly. Also, the Witcher 2 had a problematic CD key and wasa pain to install. So they got rid of it in a patch and the game series is still a smashing success.
>
> Also, the Sims 3 had instituted strict DRM and it ended being the most pirated game ever.

The game was still a success but they lost roundabouts $270million and the amount of people that pirated sims hate EA and like to stick it to the man. The amount of people that probably don’t like Microsoft will probably pirate halo if came to PC too.

>

Will Sony did nothing, they let microsoft do the work for them and also when you compare forza 5’s microtransactions to grand turismo 6’s shows sony is just as bad. Also choosing PC is not a foolish choice but neither is xbox, ps4 or even the Wii u. Also I don’t want to be the barer of bad news but… Destiny isn’t coming to PC… Also if people want to leave halo to go to destiny then fine let them I don’t care, we can replace them.