Halo 5 Theory and Speculation

So as you’re all aware Halo 5: Guardians was recently announced to release in 2015, but at E3 2013 Bonnie Ross said our Halo journey on XB1 would begin in a big way in 2014.

My theory is that 343 is doing something similar to Halo 3/ODST. Halo 5 will release this year and Halo 5 Guardians will release in 2015. Thoughts? There is also the possibility of H2A, although I’m not holding my breath.

With respect to the recent concept art here are a few things I’ve noticed:

1. The image of the two Spartans is reflected, suggesting a strong connection between the two. I originally thought that the new Spartan was simply chief in new armour, but that has since been derailed. According to Josh Holmes on Twitter it is a new character.

2. The BR appears to have a different or possibly modified scope.

3. The new character appears to be wearing an updated version of Halo 4’s Soldier armour.

I don’t think there’s going to be a prequel for Halo 5: Guardians this year.

Would it really make sense to reveal the sequel before the prequel?

> I don’t think there’s going to be a prequel for Halo 5: Guardians this year.
>
> Would it really make sense to reveal the sequel before the prequel?

I don’t know of it makes sense or not , but this wouldn’t be the first questionable thing they’ve done. Also a move like this would allow 343 to pursue multiple markets (arena shooter vs customizable class based shooter). Not only that but they could include all DLC with the sequel/spin-off.

Also why would they announce a 2015 release before a 2014 release, unless of course Halo 5 was originally planned to release this year? Maybe it still is??? Idk at this point I’m a little confused with their marketing strategy.