Halo 5: The Weapon Nostalgia Update

Like the title said its a update of bringing classic weapons from Halo to Halo 5.

  • Halo 2A (Campaign) Shotgun: Halo 2 Shotgun acts like the Halo 5 Shotgun but with 12 shells and 36 extra shells. It will have Halo 2 Magnetism. Smart link will be like Magnum. - Halo 2A (Campaign) SMG: It will act like Halo 5 SMG with Projection sights like the Magnum and Halo 2 Magnetism. - Halo 2A (Campaign) Sniper Rifle: It will have classic zoom and Halo 2 Magnetism. - Halo CE AR: It will have its classic sound and 60Mag and 600 bullets count. Will have Smart Link also. - Halo CE Plasma Rifle: Unlike the Brute Plasma Rifle, it will have the ability to stun Spartans like CE. It will have a longer time to over heat but long time to cool down. - Halo 3 Firebomb: You know what I’m talking about, Fire bombs that do heavy damage on Infantry and Vehicles. - Halo Reach Target Locator: Target locator that can do airstrikes on to vehicles and infantry. - Halo 4 Sticky Detonator: Unlike the Halo 4 version, It will carry the same ammo as the Halo Reach Grenade Launcher. - Halo Reach Grenade Launcher: It will remain the same. - Halo 3 Brute Shot: 6 shell magazine and having Halo 2 damage. extra melee damage due to the blades. - Halo Reach Needle Rifle: Classic zoom with 21 needles per clip and automatic with its 3 shot super combine.I do not have the req levels yet but will soon by hearing your concerns. Some of these ideas I found from other threads so I added to them to this one.

Eh the shot gun and smg seem redundant… if anything bring the brute shot, spiker, focus rifle, and needle rifle.

> 2533274879407634;2:
> Eh the shot gun and smg seem redundant… if anything bring the brute shot, spiker, focus rifle, and needle rifle.

Oh Yeah I forgot those! I would those in!

At this point I think we have enough classic weapons, I don’t want Halo to be a series that just relies on the fans nostalgia to do well. I think 343 should put the time into making a completely new weapon, it could be one that was scrapped from any of the Halo games just as long as its new and unique.

> 2533274904245048;4:
> At this point I think we have enough classic weapons, I don’t want Halo to be a series that just relies on the fans nostalgia to do well. I think 343 should put the time into making a completely new weapon, it could be one that was scrapped from any of the Halo games just as long as its new and unique.

Gravity rifle?

> 2533274879407634;5:
> > 2533274904245048;4:
> > At this point I think we have enough classic weapons, I don’t want Halo to be a series that just relies on the fans nostalgia to do well. I think 343 should put the time into making a completely new weapon, it could be one that was scrapped from any of the Halo games just as long as its new and unique.
>
>
> Gravity rifle?

I don’t see that making any sense in Halo really.

> 2533274879407634;2:
> Eh the shot gun and smg seem redundant… if anything bring the brute shot, spiker, focus rifle, and needle rifle.

I would take Halo CE or the halo 2 shotgun over the halo 5’s horrific shotgun design any day.

CE shotgun
ODST Pistol and SMG
Spike Grenades

and you mean Incendiary Grenades when you say firebomb.

> 2533274880633045;8:
> CE shotgun
> ODST Pistol and SMG
> Spike Grenades
>
> and you mean Incendiary Grenades when you say firebomb.

Good ones that I don’t know why I forgot to put in and don’t know why and I did meant the Incendiary Grenades.

> 2533274879407634;5:
> > 2533274904245048;4:
> > At this point I think we have enough classic weapons, I don’t want Halo to be a series that just relies on the fans nostalgia to do well. I think 343 should put the time into making a completely new weapon, it could be one that was scrapped from any of the Halo games just as long as its new and unique.
>
>
> Gravity rifle?

Possibly, the description on Halopedia is very interesting. Based on all the crazy stuff Req weapons can do the Gravity rifle isn’t that far fetched.

Gravity rifle

I’d like every weapon, sure. What about the halo 3 missle pod and the flamethrower from CE or something

I have no problem with a classic Halo 2 Shotgun and Sniper rifle. Those I would love to see added, mainly because they were amazing aesthetically. I don’t much mind the new sniper rifle, (Wish it had a darker colour pallet) but I am no fan of the new shotgun design. If you took off the pump, and put some lights on it, I’d honestly think it was a promethean weapon. It does not look human in the least bit, and it also has a really light colour pallet for some reason.

The rest of your suggestions (I’m talking about classic versions for weapons we already have, like the SMG) are rather redundant in my opinion. I would like to see the Brute Shot, Grenade Launcher, and Firebomb grenades return. But rather than have them bring over a reskinned SMG, I’d prefer the flamethrower. And rather than a reskinned Assault Rifle, I’d prefer the Spiker, or spike grenades (It’d be sweet if these returned as a promotional thing for Halo Wars 2). You know, some of those. As for Vehicles, well the Chopper and Revenant would be on the top of my list. Both would fit well in Halo 5’s sandbox, and wouldn’t require too much tweaking.

> 2533274916698000;12:
> I have no problem with a classic Halo 2 Shotgun and Sniper rifle. Those I would love to see added, mainly because they were amazing aesthetically. I don’t much mind the new sniper rifle, (Wish it had a darker colour pallet) but I am no fan of the new shotgun design. If you took off the pump, and put some lights on it, I’d honestly think it was a promethean weapon. It does not look human in the least bit, and it also has a really light colour pallet for some reason.
>
> The rest of your suggestions (I’m talking about classic versions for weapons we already have, like the SMG) are rather redundant in my opinion. I would like to see the Brute Shot, Grenade Launcher, and Firebomb grenades return. But rather than have them bring over a reskinned SMG, I’d prefer the flamethrower. And rather than a reskinned Assault Rifle, I’d prefer the Spiker, or spike grenades (It’d be sweet if these returned as a promotional thing for Halo Wars 2). You know, some of those. As for Vehicles, well the Chopper and Revenant would be on the top of my list. Both would fit well in Halo 5’s sandbox, and wouldn’t require too much tweaking.

Well the reason I said about the bringing the Halo 2 SMG is due to we got a Halo 2 Beam Rifle, Halo 2 BR, and the SPNKR. And they have one thing in common, design. I don’t really like the Halo 5 SMG design but love the Halo 2 (Campaign) more.

> 2535409489305717;3:
> > 2533274879407634;2:
> > Eh the shot gun and smg seem redundant… if anything bring the brute shot, spiker, focus rifle, and needle rifle.
>
>
> Oh Yeah I forgot those! I would those in!

DO IT JUST DO IT, dude this is great, i am happy that SOMEONE F******* wants this stuff in the game also, add the FALCON (yes its a vehicle but still used as a weapon) as well as H2 Pistol and H3 flamethrower. Oh! and don’t forget the Reach DMR

Nostalgia is great and all, but I think I would prefer new and original ideas rather than the nostalgia.

> 2533274971565732;15:
> Nostalgia is great and all, but I think I would prefer new and original ideas rather than the nostalgia.

I do too but these were good old versions of the weapons that we have today.

I really like the Halo: Reach needle rifle. Then again I loved everything Halo: Reach related haha.

XO

> 2533274856626311;17:
> I really like the Halo: Reach needle rifle. Then again I loved everything Halo: Reach related haha.
>
> XO

We are already getting the Plasma Launcher so there’s no asking that.

ODST SMG>Halo 2 SMG

That is my only input. Plus a Vehicle Nostalgia update, where we get, say, Falcons, Hornets (Vultures ? Mwahahaha!), Spectres, ect.

I also want the Spiker, now that I think about it.

> 2533274818737568;19:
> ODST SMG>Halo 2 SMG
>
> That is my only input. Plus a Vehicle Nostalgia update, where we get, say, Falcons, Hornets (Vultures ? Mwahahaha!), Spectres, ect.
>
> I also want the Spiker, now that I think about it.

Why did I forget the ODST SMG! Also I been thinking about making a Vehicle Nostalgia update too.