Halo 5 & the "Hollywood Syndrome"...

Here we are.

The young gaming industry, (yes, 40 years is really young on humanity’s history scale) is running toward the same pathetic fate as the bit older movie industry.

“Faster is better, because before it was slower, therefore slower = older, and 2015 is newer than 2007, therefore Halo 5 must be faster, since it’s out in 2015 and not in 2007.”

"“More stuff is better, because before there was less stuff, therefore less stuff = older, and 2015 is newer than 2007, therefore Halo 5 must have more stuff since it’s out in 2015 and not in 2007.”

Stupid, stupid, stupid mentality.

When will be the end of this mediocre mentality?

When spartans will move at the speed of light and everybody playing Halo 26 will all be like : “WTF just happened, I can’t see F*** all?!” all the time?

Newsflash : What made Halo 1 to 3 masterpieces is this :

  1. Having the time to FEEL the beautiful, mysterious & majestic environments, instead of just running toward a target like a dog running toward his bone without caring about the beautiful mountain in the back.

  2. Simplicity : A good selection (not too much) of original weapons.

  3. A very limited quantity of extra annoying gimmicks, that made them special when you had the opportunity to own them (bubble shields, power drains etc…) available to 1 player every 2-3 minutes, leaving the other players fight normally.

  4. Quality controls.

  5. A mysterious, grandiose, ambitious & intelligent story.

And now, what do we have?

The “Transformer 2” movie mentality :

  1. “What the hell is happening?”. Everything is loud, chaotic & meaningless".

  2. A full load of gimmicks to impress little kids (those who can’t sleep because they want so bad to see their uber cool spartan almost fly to launch an “earthquake punch” (H5 ground pound)).

Wake up everybody, stupidity is slowly winning another battle after winning in :

  1. Architecture : We got lots of big 3D rectangles now (skyscrapers), instead of jaw dropping Gothic Cathedral.

  2. Movies : We got loads of ultra costly, stupid movies like Transformers 2, Star Wars episodes 1 & 2 (haven’t seen 3, I’ve learned my lesson after those 2…) & Spiderman 2 instead of brilliant movies like Alien, Amadeus etc…

  3. Food : crappy food is everywhere, like a cancer. We pay to eat crappy food that will ultimately make our body weaker, therefore augment our chances to get sick…

  4. Music : crappy, idiotic and mediocre artists like Lady Gaga, One Direction & Miley Cyrus are everywhere, while most of the world’s musical geniuses like “Nobuo Uematsu” (Original Final Fantasy’s composer) are not promoted by the major labels of the music industry.

  5. etc…

  6. etc…

  7. etc…

  8. The video game industry?

Don’t let this one fall into the hand of stupidity.

Be vocal about it and stop buying crappy sequels that are getting great sales because of the powerful branding made by the previous, rare great titles.

Cheers.

(Please excuse any mistakes, since my first language is not english)

This 10/10

REBEL AGAINST YOUR OPPRESSORS !!

Great english for it not being your main language. And good post.

I couldn’t agree more. Thank you for this.

Let’s face it, if anything’s going to succumb to fast paced, mindless action, it’s video games…

You sound like a hipster that hates anything that’s mainstream. So what if its fast? Done of the best movies ever were fast paced buy awesome to watch.

Is more easy get money from kids(or his parents), Activision are masters on it… look Destiny, 20€ DLC and you downloading 10mbs… lol

> 2533274816948573;1:
> 1. Having the time to FEEL the beautiful, mysterious & majestic environments, instead of just running toward a target like a dog running toward his bone without caring about the beautiful mountain in the back.

Lol this isn’t skyrim, it’s an fps. I couldn’t care less about the mountain in the back, when someone snipes me in the face…

I’ve been playing since day one 2001 and this is exactly what the franchise needs. It’s face paced and fluid but requires skill unlike call of duty where you spray and get kills. If you don’t like it don’t play it no one has a magnum to your head forcing you to do so. Instead you get on forums and whine like a baby. Just shut up.

Consumers (on average) are stupid and petty by nature. They will always be attracted to superficial nonesense, like a fly to a steaming turd.
Stupidity will reign supreme. You are fighting a hopeless battle.

> 2743710844432801;10:
> I’ve been playing since day one 2001 and this is exactly what the franchise needs. It’s face paced and fluid but requires skill unlike call of duty where you spray and get kills. If you don’t like it don’t play it no one has a magnum to your head forcing you to do so. Instead you get on forums and whine like a baby. Just shut up.

Have you a magnum in your head for read this trhead? Not? Ok, just shut up.

Thumbs up OP.
Just because it’s a new system that can do flashy things doesn’t mean you have to do exactly that. Just because everybody else does it doesn’t mean you have to. What ever happened to being different.
Games seem to change as society change 2007-2015. (;
Break from rom the routine my brothers and sisters. That was towards both old and new halo fans btw)

> 2533274812471748;12:
> > 2743710844432801;10:
> > I’ve been playing since day one 2001 and this is exactly what the franchise needs. It’s face paced and fluid but requires skill unlike call of duty where you spray and get kills. If you don’t like it don’t play it no one has a magnum to your head forcing you to do so. Instead you get on forums and whine like a baby. Just shut up.
>
>
> Have you a magnum in your head for read this trhead? Not? Ok, just shut up.

What?

> 2533274816948573;1:
> Here we are.
>
> The young gaming industry, (yes, 40 years is really young on humanity’s history scale) is running toward the same pathetic fate as the bit older movie industry.
>
> “Faster is better, because before it was slower, therefore slower = older, and 2015 is newer than 2007, therefore Halo 5 must be faster, since it’s out in 2015 and not in 2007.”
>
> ““More stuff is better, because before there was less stuff, therefore less stuff = older, and 2015 is newer than 2007, therefore Halo 5 must have more stuff since it’s out in 2015 and not in 2007.”
>
> Stupid, stupid, stupid mentality.
>
> When will be the end of this mediocre mentality?
>
> When spartans will move at the speed of light and everybody playing Halo 26 will all be like : “WTF just happened, I can see F*** all?!” all the time?
>
> Newsflash : What made Halo 1 to 3 masterpieces is this :
>
> 1. Having the time to FEEL the beautiful, mysterious & majestic environments, instead of just running toward a target like a dog running toward his bone without caring about the beautiful mountain in the back.
>
> 2. Simplicity : A good selection (not too much) of original weapons.
>
> 3. A very limited quantity of extra annoying gimmicks, that made them special when you had the opportunity to own them (bubble shields, power drains etc…) available to 1 player every 2-3 minutes, leaving the other players fight normally.
>
> 4. Quality controls.
>
> And now, what do we have?
>
> The “Transformer 2” movie mentality :
>
> 1. “What the hell is happening?”. Everything is loud, chaotic & meaningless”.
>
> 2. A full load of gimmicks to impress little kids (those who can’t sleep because they want so bad to see their uber cool spartan almost fly to launch an “earthquake punch” (H5 ground pound)).
>
> Wake up everybody, stupidity is slowly winning another battle after winning in :
>
> 1. Architecture : We got lots of big 3D rectangles now (skyscrapers), instead of jaw dropping Gothic Cathedral.
>
> 2. Movies : We got loads of ultra costly, stupid movies like Transformers 2, Star Wars episodes 1 & 2 (haven’t seen 3, I’ve learned my lesson after those 2…) & Spiderman 2 instead of brilliant movies like Alien, Amadeus etc…
>
> 3. Food : crappy food is everywhere, like a cancer. We pay to eat crappy food that will ultimately make our body weaker, therefore augment our chances to get sick…
>
> 4. Music : crappy, idiotic and mediocre artists like Lady Gaga, One Direction & Miley Cyrus are everywhere, while most of the world’s musical geniuses like “Nobuo Uematsu” (Original Final Fantasy’s composer) are not promoted by the major labels of the music industry.
>
> 5. etc…
>
> 6. etc…
>
> 7. etc…
>
> 8. The video game industry?
>
> Don’t let this one fall into the hand of stupidity.
>
> Be vocal about it and stop buying crappy sequels that are getting great sales because of the powerful branding made by the previous, rare great titles.
>
> Cheers.
>
> (Please excuse any mistakes, since my first language is not english)

Reported for trolling.

while I’m not a fan you can hardly compare lady gaga to one direction and Miley cyrus

Faster gaming is better in some games. Halo seems to fit it perfectly. I think going back to Halo 3 or something makes it feel really clunky. But, people still appreciate slower games, like Alien Isolation and BioShock.

Exactly my thoughts, OP.

I keep hearing ‘Halo 2 is slow’ meant negatively, or ‘Halo 5 looks so fast-paced’ meant positively, etc., and I keep thinking… Halo 2 is slow… and?..

I can’t stand the trend of faster is better; it usually isn’t. Halo 2 is simply better than Halo 4, and the slower, more-calculated mind-games are some of the reason why.

The only point I disagree on is the more stuff part. Halo 3 had FAR more items on maps then anything in halo 4. Guns, Grenades, equipment, there was no shortage on SOMETHING to pick up in halo 3. In halo 4 it’s common place to see a random power weapon (which everyone can see) and then nothing besides what you pick up off dead bodies. There’s very little (or none) grenade spawns on the map, pretty much no starting weapons whatsoever on map spawn, not even a -Yoinking!- assault rifle or anything.

Is there actually a report option for nostalgia goggle overload? If so then this thread would be THE archetype