Halo 5: The End of Numbered Titles

As well all know, Halo 5 adopted the Guardians subtitle. What I want to know is will future Halo games possess subtitles instead of numbers? Also, would you want that and think it would benefit the franchise at all?

I believe 343 Industries expressed interest in abandoning numbered titles.

I can see the reason why 343 industries want to stop numbering titles, but I don’t share It nor I think It will benefit Halo. I wouldn’t mind keeping the principal arc of the story numbered and having possible spinoffs and other games with just subtitles.

> 2533274822090702;2:
> I can see the reason why 343 industries want to stop numbering titles, but I don’t share It nor I think It will benefit Halo. I wouldn’t mind keeping the principal arc of the story numbered and having possible spinoffs and other games with just subtitles.

Yeah, that sounds like the best idea. Main series should have numbers; spin-offs should have subtitles.
It allows everybody to easily distinguish between the main series and spin-offs.

> 2533274929494620;3:
> > 2533274822090702;2:
> > I can see the reason why 343 industries want to stop numbering titles, but I don’t share It nor I think It will benefit Halo. I wouldn’t mind keeping the principal arc of the story numbered and having possible spinoffs and other games with just subtitles.
>
>
> Yeah, that sounds like the best idea. Main series should have numbers; spin-offs should have subtitles.
> It allows everybody to easily distinguish between the main series and spin-offs.

^^^ I hope 343 change their mind

I say get rid of the numbers, it sounds weird to me because halo 5 is definitely not the 5 halo game lol. My opinion.

As long as I can keep track of them. I don’t want it to wind up like Assassin’s Creed or CoD where I start getting confused. Maybe keep Chief’s games numbered.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> As long as I can keep track of them. I don’t want it to wind up like Assassin’s Creed or CoD where I start getting confused. Maybe keep Chief’s games numbered.

yeah, every time I try to get a friend into a game series or books it takes forever to tell them where to begin and so forth.

keep the numbers for the main story arc.

> 2533274803493024;5:
> I say get rid of the numbers, it sounds weird to me because halo 5 is definitely not the 5 halo game lol. My opinion.

That’s not how numbered titles work. Starwars 7 isn’t the 7th Starwars movie, dead space 3 wasn’t the third deadspace game, GTA V wasn’t the fifth gta game. Sub products and side series are separate for a reason, they aren’t numbered because they aren’t part of the main product. Do you think halo 3 odst should have been halo 5 odst with halo 4 wars?

I would be cool if the main games took on the “Halo [number]: [Subtitle]” format like “Halo 5: Guardians”, but I don’t want them to drop numbers entirely. I agree that spinoffs should use subtitles instead of numbers as well. It just might start to get awkward once we hit double digits. “Halo 10” feels weird to say, like “Call of Duty 17.”

They want to distinguish each game from one another for lesser fans. Look at Final Fantasy. What is it now, Final Fantasy 15? You can’t understand which one is which unless you are a fan.

> 2533274894863132;8:
> > 2533274803493024;5:
> > I say get rid of the numbers, it sounds weird to me because halo 5 is definitely not the 5 halo game lol. My opinion.
>
>
> That’s not how numbered titles work. Starwars 7 isn’t the 7th Starwars movie, dead space 3 wasn’t the third deadspace game, GTA V wasn’t the fifth gta game. Sub products and side series are separate for a reason, they aren’t numbered because they aren’t part of the main product. Do you think halo 3 odst should have been halo 5 odst with halo 4 wars?

Umm there’s been 6 Star Wars movies the force awakens is the 7th idk how you didn’t know that

> 2533274882881665;10:
> They want to distinguish each game from one another for lesser fans. Look at Final Fantasy. What is it now, Final Fantasy 15? You can’t understand which one is which unless you are a fan.

The 14 is the 14, the 3 is the 3

> 2533274957924711;11:
> > 2533274894863132;8:
> > > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > I say get rid of the numbers, it sounds weird to me because halo 5 is definitely not the 5 halo game lol. My opinion.
> >
> >
> > That’s not how numbered titles work. Starwars 7 isn’t the 7th Starwars movie, dead space 3 wasn’t the third deadspace game, GTA V wasn’t the fifth gta game. Sub products and side series are separate for a reason, they aren’t numbered because they aren’t part of the main product. Do you think halo 3 odst should have been halo 5 odst with halo 4 wars?
>
>
> Umm there’s been 6 Star Wars movies the force awakens is the 7th idk how you didn’t know that

actually the force awakens would than be star wars 8 in the USA and star wars 10 in Europe.

there was a theatrical clone wars movie and in Europe the ewok adventure films also got theatrical releases.

the force awakens is the 7th in the Skywalker family saga.

> 2533274851684756;13:
> > 2533274957924711;11:
> > > 2533274894863132;8:
> > > > 2533274803493024;5:
> > > > I say get rid of the numbers, it sounds weird to me because halo 5 is definitely not the 5 halo game lol. My opinion.
> > >
> > >
> > > That’s not how numbered titles work. Starwars 7 isn’t the 7th Starwars movie, dead space 3 wasn’t the third deadspace game, GTA V wasn’t the fifth gta game. Sub products and side series are separate for a reason, they aren’t numbered because they aren’t part of the main product. Do you think halo 3 odst should have been halo 5 odst with halo 4 wars?
> >
> >
> > Umm there’s been 6 Star Wars movies the force awakens is the 7th idk how you didn’t know that
>
>
> actually the force awakens would than be star wars 8 in the USA and star wars 10 in Europe.
>
> there was a theatrical clone wars movie and in Europe the ewok adventure films also got theatrical releases.
>
> the force awakens is the 7th in the Skywalker family saga.

exactly.

Yeah! Halo 12 is coming out this november guys i’m so hyped!

> 2533274851684756;7:
> > 2533274883669557;6:
> > As long as I can keep track of them. I don’t want it to wind up like Assassin’s Creed or CoD where I start getting confused. Maybe keep Chief’s games numbered.
>
>
> yeah, every time I try to get a friend into a game series or books it takes forever to tell them where to begin and so forth.
>
> keep the numbers for the main story arc.

yeah I would love to see this but Bonnie Ross did say “At some point, we do want to stop numbering [of halo]. Especially on Xbox One” so they will stop the numbering of the main story but i hope they at least continue it to halo 6 to make the second trilogy more memorable and so it doesn’t go halo 4, halo 5: guardians and halo: … I feel its necessary to keep numbering to the end of the trilogy.

I’m worried if they intent to remove numbers from the main installments that Microsoft wants them to just keep making sequels and not let 343 tell the storyline they want.

If they keep the numbers, many players won’t buy future games.
I’ve never bought a Final Fantasy game and at this point I’m to afraid to even consider it. And that is because Final Fantasy XV looks very intimidating for entering the franchise.

So I hope they eventually get rid of numbers (eventually meaning after 6)

> 2533274945679983;18:
> If they keep the numbers, many players won’t buy future games.
> I’ve never bought a Final Fantasy game and at this point I’m to afraid to even consider it. And that is because Final Fantasy XV looks very intimidating for entering the franchise.
>
> So I hope they eventually get rid of numbers (eventually meaning after 6)

Final Fantasy is actually a special case, since each new numbered game takes place in an entirely different universe with different story and characters. Obviously that wouldn’t be the case with Halo, so the problem is valid.

I prefer the idea of having subtitles. It emphasizes that the game is an individual, standalone experience with an identity instead of just one more sequel. Halo: Guardians sounds far more interesting than Halo 11.

> 2533274963840114;19:
> > 2533274945679983;18:
> > If they keep the numbers, many players won’t buy future games.
> > I’ve never bought a Final Fantasy game and at this point I’m to afraid to even consider it. And that is because Final Fantasy XV looks very intimidating for entering the franchise.
> >
> > So I hope they eventually get rid of numbers (eventually meaning after 6)
>
>
> Final Fantasy is actually a special case, since each new numbered game takes place in an entirely different universe with different story and characters. Obviously that wouldn’t be the case with Halo, so the problem is valid.
>
> I prefer the idea of having subtitles. It emphasizes that the game is an individual, standalone experience with an identity instead of just one more sequel. Halo: Guardians sounds far more interesting than Halo 11.

SEE!! that’s the problem with numbers!
You tell me each Final Fantasy is different, but for years I’ve been like “Final Fantasy (insert a big number here)… ahmm I think I’ll pass”
We don’t want that happening to Halo (at least I know I dn’t want to)