Halo 5, the best halo ever?

Halo 5 has a lot of potential. It’s going to be on a new console, 343 will be fully developed as a developer right from the get go, and all the shiny additions of halo 4 can be tweaked to perfection.
Just imagine this when you pop in halo 5.
Campaign
Matchmaking
Firefight
Spartan ops
Forge
Custom Games
Theater
One BIG game. So 343, take your time, I would GLADLY wait 5 years to get an awesome halo game. A longer campaign, that gets everything right. A complete matchmaking experience with nothing missing, a multiplayer game for both casual and competitive players. A jam packed firefight mode that feautures even more than reach. A spartan ops that acts like a second campaign, for the WHOLE season. A forge with 3 giant forge landscapes at least the size Of forge world.
And the only thing holding it back is 343.
Go wild.

Just give me a game that has actually has features from the past installments and I’ll be happy.

If it has campaign theater, the Flood, a UNSC flying vehicle in MM, no sprint, no ordnance (personal and random), no mods, no armor abilities, an ingame skill ranking system, grifball at launch, firefight, the Arbiter, online video rendering (not required), and an up and running file browser, then it may be the best. Halo 2 still has that title. :slight_smile:

> Halo 5 has a lot of potential. It’s going to be on a new console, 343 will be fully developed as a developer right from the get go, and all the shiny additions of halo 4 can be tweaked to perfection.
> Just imagine this when you pop in halo 5.
> <mark>Campaign</mark>
> <mark>Matchmaking</mark>
> <mark>Firefight</mark>
> <mark>Spartan ops</mark>
> <mark>Forge</mark>
> One BIG game. So 343, take your time, I would GLADLY wait 5 years to get an awesome halo game. A longer campaign, that gets everything right. A complete matchmaking experience with nothing missing, a multiplayer game for both casual and competitive players. A jam packed firefight mode that feautures even more than reach. A spartan ops that acts like a second campaign, for the WHOLE season. A forge with 3 giant forge landscapes at least the size Of forge world.
> And the only thing holding it back is 343.
> Go wild.

Where is Custom Games on that list?? 343 needs to make custom games ALOT better.

No flood, removing the ability for flood to have weapons was a stupid idea, for example.

But yes, it has potential, just like Halo 4. I won’t even go near calling it the “Best Halo” until it comes out, though.

Halo 4 is currently the best Halo out there, but if Halo 5 had all of that…heck yes it would be the best!

Quantity of content doesn’t make a game good, it only helps a good game become better. If Halo 5 fails to provide a strong basis for its gameplay and only concentrates on the quantity part of that content instead of quality, no matter how high the amount of content, it won’t matter.

I have my doubts towards Halo 5. With Halo 4 343i showed they are a capable developer, but being capable of making a game hardly means the game is going to be good. I wouldn’t mind if 343i started designing the gameplay of Halo 5 off a clean slate and thought what the gameplay of Halo really is about, do they really need to follow the rest of the shooter genre, and what features really emphasize the gameplay style of Halo.

And it’s not just about multiplayer. A major reason why I felt the campaign and Spartan Ops so unpleasant and didn’t see a reason to replay them was the player‒ enemy AI interaction. Designing an AI experience that is challenging without being wildly more powerful than the player is a difficult task. However, fighting AI that is more about abilities than raw power is much more interesting. (The problem I have with Halo 4 AI mainly limits to the player shields that are both weak and recharge slowly. It’s either weak or slow to recharge, you can’t take both.) But ultimately, it always comes down to holistic design. For an encouter to be engaging, it’s largely about how the encounter is built up and how the enemies are paced throughout the encounter.

I am sceptical, but very eager to change my opinion on 343i if they manage to design a game that pleases me. Until then, I remain very sceptical after Halo 4.

If any reason halo 5 is going to be bad its that its on another console, I think 343 should keep halo 5 on the 360 because I don’t think it will have as good sales as if they kept it on the 360, for one, I probably won’t buy it if its on the new Xbox…

I think it does have a chance of being the greatest Halo ever, however 343 needs to learn from their mistakes in order for it to happen.

> Halo 5 has a lot of potential. It’s going to be on a new console, 343 will be fully developed as a developer right from the get go, and Firefight
> d.

So, Firfight will return? If so I would be extremely exited for this game!

to each his own, but i always thought firefight was kinda boring. it was cool playing local on odst, but that was a challenge. the reach firefight was a joke. can anyone say fly straight up in the air and fire rockets at the ground?

i was almost restricted to that if i wanted kills simply because everyone was out to do the most damage and thats what it took. it got boring really, really fast. after a couple days i was over it and only continued to play it occasionally for the challenges.

even spartan ops is kinda crap. good concept but something about it feels like its not fully fleshed out.

not knocking anyone’s opinion, just stating my experience.

as for halo 5 on a new console? i’ll get one. sounds great. but if that 600 some dollar console sucks and future halo title(what i play for)suck then i’ll be like 700 hundred dollars pissed minimum. games are not cheap. but im sure it’ll be worth picking up an xbox, even if only for a halfashed halo game.

A Halo 5 with all of that and well-executed and released 5 years from now (get people to get all hyped up for it and wait, they’ll know how much they miss Halo and this gives 343 time to work everything out) would simply be AMAZING. Even better than the Bungie trilogy, I guarantee it.

343 should fill in that 5-year gap with side project Halo games like a Halo 2 remake, Halo Wars 2, or Halo Battlefront or something.

[/li]- Bring back firefight