Halo 5 SWAT is broken IMO

Let me prerequisite this post by saying I love halo, and I think 343 has done a decent job of taking the mantle from bungie. But the SWAT Playlist in Halo 5 is horrible. The spawns are not balanced; I can’t even count how many times I’ve been spawn killed, or spawned with an enemy at my back. Also, the Playlist is waaaay too heavy on SWATnums. I think I’ve played almost 90% magnums in this playlist, which is not how the game style was intended… especially since the magnum is way too slow to handle for its size. SWAT originally was mostly the BR (or DMR for Reach) l, with a few magnum matches few and far between for variaty. Also, the hit boxes for headshots is waaaay off. I’ve shot multiple enemies in the face at close range nd it didn’t register because I wasn’t aiming above their heads. All of these things I’ve complained about here could and should be patched, most importantly the Swatnums consistency. Thank you for your time

Second.

I completely agree with you, SWAT is mostly SWATnums for me also, i got like two or three with the BR so far. Is there even one with the DMR?
It defiantly needs to even out the game types at least. The spawning however, it has some bad ones, but normally they’re fine for me.

It’s sad because all of these things could be fixed relatively easily and it would make a big impact on gameplay, especially the spawns, but I doubt they will be any time soon. I don’t mean to bash on 343 but it seems like they don’t put enough thought into some of their decisions before they implement them. Like throwing in shotty snipes when most people would have preferred team snipers and not adding DMR’s to swat. The little things make a difference.

> 2535457995083071;4:
> It’s sad because all of these things could be fixed relatively easily and it would make a big impact on gameplay, especially the spawns, but I doubt they will be any time soon. I don’t mean to bash on 343 but it seems like they don’t put enough thought into some of their decisions before they implement them. Like throwing in shotty snipes when most people would have preferred team snipers and not adding DMR’s to swat. The little things make a difference.

And the truly sad thing is I doubt anyone at 343 has even seen this or cares. Ive seen multiple posts on the same topic of Magnums, which is by far my biggest gripe, and for a"feedback" forum I’ve seen no actual responses from 343 themselves. I’d at least like to know my issues have been noted, even if they are going to igore them in the end. Shotty Snipes was on the players though, cause we voted for it.

Give them some time.

+1 on SWATnums, I cannot stand it - what happened to voting on a random selection of game types/maps? That was really helpful.

Your hit box comment is interesting - I regularly scream at my TV as I am clearly unloading bullet after bullet into someone’s face and they shoot once and I’m dead? Something doesn’t seem right to me, especially in SWATnums.

> 2533274844790930;5:
> > 2535457995083071;4:
> > It’s sad because all of these things could be fixed relatively easily and it would make a big impact on gameplay, especially the spawns, but I doubt they will be any time soon. I don’t mean to bash on 343 but it seems like they don’t put enough thought into some of their decisions before they implement them. Like throwing in shotty snipes when most people would have preferred team snipers and not adding DMR’s to swat. The little things make a difference.
>
>
> Shotty Snipes was on the players though, cause we voted for it.

There was no option given to vote for team snipers instead of shotty snipes, which was kinda the point I was trying to make. Team snipers has always been my favorite game mode. I wish they’d just make it permanent.

> 2535457995083071;8:
> > 2533274844790930;5:
> > > 2535457995083071;4:
> > > It’s sad because all of these things could be fixed relatively easily and it would make a big impact on gameplay, especially the spawns, but I doubt they will be any time soon. I don’t mean to bash on 343 but it seems like they don’t put enough thought into some of their decisions before they implement them. Like throwing in shotty snipes when most people would have preferred team snipers and not adding DMR’s to swat. The little things make a difference.
> >
> >
> > Shotty Snipes was on the players though, cause we voted for it.
>
>
> There was no option given to vote for team snipers instead of shotty snipes, which was kinda the point I was trying to make. Team snipers has always been my favorite game mode. I wish they’d just make it permanent.

Touché you’re right

> 2659938529926593;7:
> +1 on SWATnums, I cannot stand it - what happened to voting on a random selection of game types/maps? That was really helpful.
>
> Your hit box comment is interesting - I regularly scream at my TV as I am clearly unloading bullet after bullet into someone’s face and they shoot once and I’m dead? Something doesn’t seem right to me, especially in SWATnums.

Yea it only seems to be an issue with the magnums… i have no difficulty bringing the pain with a BR. Maybe they should just split swat and SWATnums up into two different playlist (I know they wont)

While I do agree SWATnums should have its appearance frequency dropped and spawns moved around a little, I don’t think it’s anywhere near broken. This isn’t the first Halo game that requires you to should a little above the persons head to guarantee a headshot and it wont be the last, its not impossible to adapt to either, it just requires a little patience to turn some old habits around.

> 2533274803896054;11:
> While I do agree SWATnums should have its appearance frequency dropped and spawns moved around a little, I don’t think it’s anywhere near broken. This isn’t the first Halo game that requires you to should a little above the persons head to guarantee a headshot and it wont be the last, its not impossible to adapt to either, it just requires a little patience to turn some old habits around.

That is true, I don’t mind aiming above the head at long distance, it makes sense there’d be some drop then. Unfortunately it standing face to face with the person and shooting them right in the visor to no avail that irks me. A headshot should be anywhere on the helmet, not just forehead and higher

I do not think SWAT is broken, but there are definitely too many games of SWATnums. I agree SWAT was not intended to be magnums 90% of the games. I didn’t mind them when they were thrown in from time to time, but I played for over an hour today and only had 2 BR games. Swat should be starting with either a BR or DMR, and use a magnum for a secondary weapon. If you don’t want to give us options to vote, well that’s fine, but at least give us better game options. I am so sick for SWATnums and it is so frustrating because SWAT has always been my favourite playlist. Add in the DMR, fix your spawn points and make SWAT amazing again.

I agree with this as well. Please at the very least lighten or throw out all together the pistol rounds and throw in the DMR for god sake.
If your pistol was like halo CE pistol you’d have a strong case to have it in there as much as you do but it isn’t. I like your pistol but hate the ADS on it so I don’t use it unless I really have to. The spawns could use some work as well strongly agree with that. Maybe I’m just seeing things but it kinda seems like the spawn system is based on your teams location and a lot of times that’s -Yoinking!- people over because of bad spawn placement.

> 2535457995083071;4:
> It’s sad because all of these things could be fixed relatively easily and it would make a big impact on gameplay, especially the spawns, but I doubt they will be any time soon. I don’t mean to bash on 343 but it seems like they don’t put enough thought into some of their decisions before they implement them. Like throwing in shotty snipes when most people would have preferred team snipers and not adding DMR’s to swat. The little things make a difference.

I’m not by any means trying to fanboy, as Bungie still holds my heart as the people who know how to make a Halo game, but jesus guys, give them some time. Yes, several of the maps have spawning issues, but that’s more than common with the release of a game this size. There’s almost no way you can expect a triple a studio to produce a game with 0 bugs, especially with a matchmaking population as big as this one.

Also, saying the shotty snipes was a mistake on their part is false: we have to option to vote on what weekend playlists we get. If you didn’t like shotty snipers you could have voted for another playlist.

I’ve been playing SWAT and the servers are constiny adding me with the same people who had won the game and the same people who was on my team who made my game a DEFEAT. SWAT is starting to piss me. I’ve been looking matches all the time because of this problem. Bungie and 343 industries needs to fix this problem.

> 2659938529926593;7:
> +1 on SWATnums, I cannot stand it - what happened to voting on a random selection of game types/maps? That was really helpful.
>
> Your hit box comment is interesting - I regularly scream at my TV as I am clearly unloading bullet after bullet into someone’s face and they shoot once and I’m dead? Something doesn’t seem right to me, especially in SWATnums.

This. ^^^

SWAT used to be my favorite playlist in halo. This account wasn’t even my primary account back in the day. I created this gamertag years ago, strictly for the swat playlist. There is such a sad difference between swat of past games and H5 swat.

There have been issues with the different playlist in Swat. I’m just glad there are the old BR is back.

Whoa… Holy dead post revival… I didn’t realize that this post was brought back from 2015. No good. No good at all.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks