Halo 5 Story

This is just what I think a cool Halo 5 story or plot would be. Obviously I haven’t thought up all levels or details, but just hear me out.

Playable Characters:
Master Chief (Single) with Blue Team (Co-Op)
Agent Locke(Single) with Locke’s Team (Co-Op)
Arbiter (Single) with Arbiter’s Elites (Co-Op)
Jul 'Mdama (Single) and his Elites (Co-Op)

Chief is getting strange messages and recordings from Cortana coming from ruined Ark. At the same time, Jul 'Mdama is attacking human planets and trying to restart the/his Covenant. Jul is also waging war with the Arbitar’s Covenant creating tensions between all Elites and even the UNSC. Master Chief and Blue Team are tasked with hunting down Jul, and killing him. Chief is given a new AI named (whatever, I like Quorra, so that’s what I’ll call her.) Immediate;y Chief dislikes Quorra, even though she IS helping him, and she understands his connection to Cortana. Chief continues to use her, much to his displeasure. Chief asks the Arbiter to be in charge of finding Jul, while Blue Team hunts for Cortana. There are a few levels on the Ark, maybe another Halo, maybe in space.

When ONI/UNSC finds out what Chief is doing, they task Locke and his team to find Chief. Locke investigates Lasky, who leads to the Arbiter, who agrees to help Locke, as long as Locke helps him wage war with Jul. (Leading to the Halo 2A Cutscenes.) Although Arbiter wants to help Chief, ending the slaughter of his troops, and stoping Jul is more important to him, so he decides to use Locke as a weapon. Locke realizes something is wrong, but plays on it, to gain Arbiters trust. Couple of levels waging was against Jul’s troops.

Meanwhile, Jul is attacking human planets that are being given as targets by Dr. Halsey, when his troops find a single that directs them to a possible weapon on the Ark. After a few levels of playing as Jul waging war on a planet with humans and Locke and Arbiter, he retreats and they go to the Ark.

When arriving at the Ark Chief goes out on his own, and finds that huge ship you see in that 2013 E3 trailer. It raises a buried Forerunner City, and Promeathians spawn and attack Chief. Blue Team comes to his aid, and they fight until Jul 'Mdama arrives. The big ship thing is the weapon Jul sought, but also the thing sending Cortana’s messages. Locke and Arbiter show up and everyone is tense. Arbiter pulls a pistol on Chief stating that he is his target. Chief aims one back at Locke for defense. Chief and Jul also pull guns on each other. (This is all dual wield plasma pistols and pistols at each other.) Jul because he want’s the “weapon”, and Chief because he wan’t Cortana. Jul also aims his second gun at Arbiter his mortal enemy, who returns the favor. Arbiter aims his second gun at Locke, showing his loyalty to chief, Locke saw this coming, so he as well pulls his other pistol. Mean while Blue Team, Locke’s Team, Arbiter’s Elites, and Jul’s Elites are all aiming there guns at each other. Basically a giant Mexican Standoff. Then everyone realizes that the odd one out is Jul, so they all aim their guns at Jul because he’s the common enemy. But before they kill him and his troops…

The ship opens up, and the deformed and burned Didact appears. (After Halo escalation he pretty much died, but let’s say this machine was fixing him or something.) He reveals that all those present are his greatest treats, and now he has them all in one place. He releases thousands of Promeathians and even some surviving flood spores! Jul’s army, Arbitars Army, and the UNSC all show up at the worst time. (Basically some troops are consumed by the flood.)

Locke is more interested in his team’s safety so he let’s Chief go. Chief orders Blue Team to leave as well. Locke, his team, and Blue Team fight through the Flood, Promethians and Jul’s army to get off the Ark.

Arbiter chases down Jul, fighting through his Army, the Flood and Promeathians. They have an epic fight which results in Jul actually winning, and Arbiter put to shame. Jul escapes, and Arbiter is now doubted by his men. Arbiter leaves the Ark and promises to find Jul and kill him.

Chief fights through all the remaining enemies, and encounters the Didact. The Didact hints that Cortana was alive, but Chief realizes he is lying. After a huge boss fight, and waves of enemies Chief is defeated by the Didact. Quorra asks for Locke’s help, and before being killed, Chief is picked up by Locke’s ship. On the ship, Locke agrees to help Chief kill the Didact, but in the end will bring Chief in. Chief agrees. The game ends with Arbiter being a dishonored leader, Jul being a war hero for his Covenant, and Chief and Locke teaming up for the greater good.Chief also thanks Quorra for saving his life.

After Credits the Didact is show inside his new ship creating and organizing an army of Promeathians. The flood are running lose on the Ark. The Didact states that “YOUR plan worked, almost. But I still want that human dead.” A red, corrupted Cortana phases before him laughing. She has been recreated to hate Chief and the humans, but retain all the knowledge of humans. She says “I want him dead too.”

So what do you guys think?

Just wondering if this is a repost? Because I think it isn’t allowed.

Anyways, as am here, and seems it needs attention (no offending)

I really don’t know what your trying to achieve, foreshadowing the halo 5 story, or you made it by your own?
If it’s more of a foreshadow I can create a more relevant post, but for me it would be useless just posting I like your idea, wich is nice for you to share.

Okay, seriously, what is this communities obsession with turning Cortana evil for no good conceivable reason? That and everything else in this story just seems to scream grimdark and I’m sort of sick of it. I know Halo 5 is said to be the darkest, but a few of those scenarios doesn’t seem to make much sense. Why would Halsey give Jul human planets as targets? She isn’t going to suddenly turn evil and start killing the people she spent most of her life’s work on saving. Why is the Didact burned when he was turned into a digital being, or so says the Waypoint article about him? Why would he suddenly be on the Ark and no build up to hint at that? Why wouldn’t Jul reveal the deception of ONI, and by association humanity, to the Arbiter to win his trust? I’m aware Jul wanted to assassinate the Arbiter because of his connection with the humans, but he has quantifiable proof of deceitful human actions. Also, why wouldn’t Jul kill the Arbiter if he beat him in combat, Sangheili honor demands that he do so. You also have the Flood show up suddenly, where do they come from?

I’m just not finding much that is appealing. It is just an unorganized mess.

We will NOT be playing as Jul. He isn’t that much of a main character, and no one wants to play as him. Everyone else in fine with.

Here is some constructive criticism.
First off the story would probably start after the H2A prologue/epilogue cutscenes. The Promethean part is where it gets pretty weird. That bird is most likely not a weapon, but a transport or AI. I don’t think the Mexican standoff would work, since Chief, Arbiter, and Locke would all shoot Jul, as they’re all on the same side. The Didact wouldn’t appear in that way, and is allied with Jul, and has no idea who Arbiter and Locke are, so he wouldn’t say he has all his enemies in one place. The Didact would not also start releasing the Flood to kill them, as the Flood is the enemy to all of them. The Prometheans would get the Flood first, not the humans. And if the Didact appeared in H5, he should be killed or left at a cliffhanger, because we are not having him be defeated AGAIN.
And I have no idea why Cortana would be alive and with the Didact, let alone trying to kill Master Chief.

Interesting, but we’ll have to wait for another year. Also, the Didact isn’t dead after Escalation, trust me.

Very interesting read. I like some of your ideas, you seem to have a good concept of the themes in 343s new trilogy; I for one have no idea where 343 is trying to take Halo’s story after playing through Halo 4

Grady Sk33ting, wow… Your idea is fantastic and I think it could work. I can actually see 343 using that story but you’re probably 99.9% going to be wrong. But I hope your right. If this is actually your idea then I’ll applaud for you. Nice work.

Love it, give me Lord Hood and Johnson and you have my vote.

To answer some questions on my Story Wishes:

Why is Halsey helping Jul 'Mdama?
Because at the end of Halo 4 Spartan Ops, and even in recent issues of Halo Escalation, Halsey’s loyalty is in question. After ONI ordered her assassination, and said assassination was botched, Halsey ended up loosing an arm. She was last seen in Spartan Ops telling Jul she would help him, and in the Escalation comics is acting on that statement. So far… Also, I’d like to have a human enemy. One that is questionable in motives, loyalty, and value to Master Chief.

Why would the Didact want to kill Jul 'Mdama in the “standoff” scene, after working with him on Requiem?
Well after Halo 4, and the Escalation comics, let’s assume that the Didact is alive. Based on the fact that I’d like to play as a bad guy, and want to expand Jul as a character by playing as him, I want him to be a big deal. He was absent the entire Campaign of Halo 4, and only made appearances in Spartan Ops. Since then, I’d like to think that Jul has become kind of a big power in the galaxy. That he is now a threat to a lot of people, including the Didact. The Didact is a good villain, and the betrayal of underlings, or those loyal to you is such a classic bad guy thing. The Didact should betray Jul’s loyalty, and try to kill him?

How does the Didact know about The Arbiter and Locke, etc?
Well, after the events of Halo 4, and his defeat. It would make sense for the Didact to study every big name in the galaxy. UNSC, Covenant, etc. He should know their weakness, strategies, and other good information. He jumped the gun on Requiem still thinking he was the most powerful, and lost to a human. Which to him, is a complete slap in the face. So he would study Master Chief, and the UNSC, or ONI. He would study the factions and groups of the broken apart Covenant like the Arbiter and Jul 'Mdama. And if he got word that ONI was sending someone they believed could take Master Chief down, then that’s why he’d know about Locke. Didact has the strength part of power, he has the resources as well. But he needs the knowledge.

Why would there be a Mexican Standoff scene? Why would they all turn on each other?
First of all, this scene would be awesome! So much tension, itchy trigger fingers, pressure! Why are some people loyal to others, or betraying others? It’s all different motives.
Chief wants to end the Didact and find a way to resurrect Cortana. Loyal to Arbiter because of the events of Halo 3. Aims at Locke and Jul because of Locke’s motives, and Jul is a bad guy.
Arbiter wants to end Jul "Mdama, and help figure out what happened to Chief after Halo 3. Loyal to Master Chief because of the events of Halo 3. Aims at Locke because he doesn’t trust his actions after hunting Chief, and possibly finding out about Locke’s report against him in the Halo 2A Terminals, and on Jul for disrupting peace between Elites and Humans, as well as being a Warlord.
Locke wants to bring Chief back to the UNSC, it’s his mission. He aims at Chief because he is the target, who isn’t going quietly, and on Arbiter for being the possibility of him being a huge threat, as well as his history fighting and killing humans seen in the Halo 2A Terminals.
Jul is just a bad guy and wants to be the ultimate super power. He aims at Arbiter for being loyal to humanity, as well as a threat, and Master Chief, for being the other biggest threat to him.
As stated before, The Didact just wants to kill them all, and be the ultimate power in the Universe.

Why replace Cortana with a new AI, and also make bring Cortana back as Evil?
Quorra would just serve as Chief’s AI. She would serve the exact same function, but instead of embracing her, he actually despises her, and it stuck with her. She wants to prove herself, but he is just too focused on what he’s doing, and finding Cortana. I think it’s important to have her there as a tool, as well as a character we grow to respect.
I want to bring Cortana back as a bad guy to influence Halo 6’s events. To find out that Cortana is alive, AND evil would devastate Chief, and he’d go crazy thinking it’s his fault. Also, I’d like a scene in Halo 6 after rescuing or redeeming Cortana before her inevitable deletion, or death, that she passes the torch to Quorra, and says goodbye to Chief in a way that allows him to move on with life.

I hope that answers some questions people had. I’d like to hear more people’s ideas.

One Last Question I forgot to put…
Why do the Promeathians, and the Flood show up?
Well, the Promeathians are the Didact’s main weapons against his enemies. They are tough and ruthless in battle. Releasing them on the Ark scene only makes sense, because who else would be controlling them except The Didact, which would make for good foreshowing. They’re good enemies to have, and they make sense still being around.
Why the flood? … Because they need to be back in Halo! They’re a major threat, and good enemy! It may also show just how desperate the Didact is to kill these individuals, and their groups. Maybe he would only plan to keep it as contained as he could, because the Promeathians are great Flood killers. Seeing the Promeathians take down the flood, which was their main purpose, would be great too.

“Chief wants to end the Didact and find a way to resurrect Cortana”

Don’t get me wrong I like your ideas, but I believe this line highlights what’s wrong with Halo. Even though I’ve said this before many times, Halo is about being in the Navy, you are a soldier sent on military missions. Halo should not be about a personal story about Master Chief that 343 seems to have turned Halo into, MC is simply the vehicle of the story. That feeling, of being at war and in the heart of the war IS the “Halo feeling”, the reason why Halo 4 did not have that feeling because you were no longer at war per se, but instead was locked in what seemed like a more metaphorical personal fight within Chief.

> 2533274861703344;11:
> “Chief wants to end the Didact and find a way to resurrect Cortana”
>
> Don’t get me wrong I like your ideas, but I believe this line highlights what’s wrong with Halo. Even though I’ve said this before many times, Halo is about being in the Navy, you are a soldier sent on military missions. Halo should not be about a personal story about Master Chief that 343 seems to have turned Halo into, MC is simply the vehicle of the story. That feeling, of being at war and in the heart of the war IS the “Halo feeling”, the reason why Halo 4 did not have that feeling because you were no longer at war per se, but instead was locked in what seemed like a more metaphorical personal fight within Chief.

Yeah, I’m not sure I agree with that. But it is an interesting view.

That story would be interesting

No playing as Jul, and NO SHAMING ARBITER.

> 2533274903234962;14:
> No playing as Jul, and NO SHAMING ARBITER.

YES! Shame the Arbiter so his and Jul’s rematch in H6 can be Legendary, and an awesome kill. Like beheading in front of all the factions of Elites!
And yes, play as Jul, because I want to be evil and fight some humans! Experience the brutality of the Elites! Mwa ha ha!

> 2533274852044078;9:
> To answer some questions on my Story Wishes:
>
> Why is Halsey helping Jul 'Mdama?
> Because at the end of Halo 4 Spartan Ops, and even in recent issues of Halo Escalation, Halsey’s loyalty is in question. After ONI ordered her assassination, and said assassination was botched, Halsey ended up loosing an arm. She was last seen in Spartan Ops telling Jul she would help him, and in the Escalation comics is acting on that statement. So far… Also, I’d like to have a human enemy. One that is questionable in motives, loyalty, and value to Master Chief.
>
> Why would the Didact want to kill Jul 'Mdama in the “standoff” scene, after working with him on Requiem?
> Well after Halo 4, and the Escalation comics, let’s assume that the Didact is alive. Based on the fact that I’d like to play as a bad guy, and want to expand Jul as a character by playing as him, I want him to be a big deal. He was absent the entire Campaign of Halo 4, and only made appearances in Spartan Ops. Since then, I’d like to think that Jul has become kind of a big power in the galaxy. That he is now a threat to a lot of people, including the Didact. The Didact is a good villain, and the betrayal of underlings, or those loyal to you is such a classic bad guy thing. The Didact should betray Jul’s loyalty, and try to kill him?
>
> How does the Didact know about The Arbiter and Locke, etc?
> Well, after the events of Halo 4, and his defeat. It would make sense for the Didact to study every big name in the galaxy. UNSC, Covenant, etc. He should know their weakness, strategies, and other good information. He jumped the gun on Requiem still thinking he was the most powerful, and lost to a human. Which to him, is a complete slap in the face. So he would study Master Chief, and the UNSC, or ONI. He would study the factions and groups of the broken apart Covenant like the Arbiter and Jul 'Mdama. And if he got word that ONI was sending someone they believed could take Master Chief down, then that’s why he’d know about Locke. Didact has the strength part of power, he has the resources as well. But he needs the knowledge.
>
> Why would there be a Mexican Standoff scene? Why would they all turn on each other?
> First of all, this scene would be awesome! So much tension, itchy trigger fingers, pressure! Why are some people loyal to others, or betraying others? It’s all different motives.
> Chief wants to end the Didact and find a way to resurrect Cortana. Loyal to Arbiter because of the events of Halo 3. Aims at Locke and Jul because of Locke’s motives, and Jul is a bad guy.
> Arbiter wants to end Jul "Mdama, and help figure out what happened to Chief after Halo 3. Loyal to Master Chief because of the events of Halo 3. Aims at Locke because he doesn’t trust his actions after hunting Chief, and possibly finding out about Locke’s report against him in the Halo 2A Terminals, and on Jul for disrupting peace between Elites and Humans, as well as being a Warlord.
> Locke wants to bring Chief back to the UNSC, it’s his mission. He aims at Chief because he is the target, who isn’t going quietly, and on Arbiter for being the possibility of him being a huge threat, as well as his history fighting and killing humans seen in the Halo 2A Terminals.
> Jul is just a bad guy and wants to be the ultimate super power. He aims at Arbiter for being loyal to humanity, as well as a threat, and Master Chief, for being the other biggest threat to him.
> As stated before, The Didact just wants to kill them all, and be the ultimate power in the Universe.
>
> Why replace Cortana with a new AI, and also make bring Cortana back as Evil?
> Quorra would just serve as Chief’s AI. She would serve the exact same function, but instead of embracing her, he actually despises her, and it stuck with her. She wants to prove herself, but he is just too focused on what he’s doing, and finding Cortana. I think it’s important to have her there as a tool, as well as a character we grow to respect.
> I want to bring Cortana back as a bad guy to influence Halo 6’s events. To find out that Cortana is alive, AND evil would devastate Chief, and he’d go crazy thinking it’s his fault. Also, I’d like a scene in Halo 6 after rescuing or redeeming Cortana before her inevitable deletion, or death, that she passes the torch to Quorra, and says goodbye to Chief in a way that allows him to move on with life.
>
>
> I hope that answers some questions people had. I’d like to hear more people’s ideas.

• The extent of her aid in Escalation to Jul’s forces isn’t very clear. She isn’t making him new weapons or even upgrading his warriors. She suggested an attack at a remote human colony that ultimately failed and was simply planned to attract the Infinity’s attention. Thus far, it looks like she set the trap to get the UNSC half of the Janus Key, but I doubt she is doing it for Jul. She probably has a plan to get the key and make off with it on her own.
  • Jul is hardly a massive threat to someone like the Didact. What is stopping the Didact from instantly recalling his Knights? Jul couldn’t even stop the rumblings of rebellion within his ranks.
  • The Didact knowing of the Arbiter and Locke acts under the assumption he is in a position to gather information, which is unlikely given he was Composed and contained in who knows where.
  • Cortana suddenly turning evil simply doesn’t make sense. And to bring her back to life only to make her pass the torch to some new AI is only going to piss off the fans who wish for her to be dead for good AND the people who want her back.

> 2533274812652989;16:
> - The extent of her aid in Escalation to Jul’s forces isn’t very clear. She isn’t making him new weapons or even upgrading his warriors. She suggested an attack at a remote human colony that ultimately failed and was simply planned to attract the Infinity’s attention. Thus far, it looks like she set the trap to get the UNSC half of the Janus Key, but I doubt she is doing it for Jul. She probably has a plan to get the key and make off with it on her own.
> - Jul is hardly a massive threat to someone like the Didact. What is stopping the Didact from instantly recalling his Knights? Jul couldn’t even stop the rumblings of rebellion within his ranks.
> - The Didact knowing of the Arbiter and Locke acts under the assumption he is in a position to gather information, which is unlikely given he was Composed and contained in who knows where.
> - Cortana suddenly turning evil simply doesn’t make sense. And to bring her back to life only to make her pass the torch to some new AI is only going to piss off the fans who wish for her to be dead for good AND the people who want her back.

I need to remind you that this is all stuff that I want to happen. Whether it makes complete sense, or not. I think it’s a good way to tell the story.

1. Like I said above, this is just stuff I want to see. Next to Cortana, Halsey is the closest relationship Chief has to a female figure. (Other then Kelly, Linda, etc.) She is a mother figure in a messed up way. To see the UNSC or Oni want to hunt her down, I think it’d be interesting to see Chief have the inner conflict between hunting down the person who practically created him, and following a soldiers orders. It’d also play off the “Which one of us is the machine” concept. Is Chief a human with emotions, or a machine following orders?

2. You’re right… Jul is hardly a threat to the Didact. But as a secondary villain, I want him to play a bigger role. He literally did not show up at all in Halo 4 Campaign, but only in Spartan Ops and Terminals. I want a villain that is not an almost God like figure in the galaxy, like the Didact. Heck, say the Didact did wipe out all the humans in Halo 4, he’d turn his attention to the Elites, because they’re likely the next biggest threat. Same reason I want to play as him, we’ve never played as a bad guy in a Halo game, and I want to try it out.

3. There are a lot of people that would argue that he died. There are a lot of people that would argue he was composed. Some might even say he teleported or something. Fact of the matter is, most people aren’t reading Escalation. So when they play H5, if the Didact returns, they’re only going to remember the end of Halo 4. It’s very likely he’d appear, and I think it’d make sense if he did some studying.

4. I want an evil Cortana because of the threat she could hold against humanity, as well as psychological damage she could do to Master Chief. She knows everything about Humanity, and their military. I want her to torture Master Chief, to the point he feels like he owes it to his memory of Cortana to save her or destroy her. The emotion he felt after Halo 4 could be used for this. After a defeat, or revert back to her original unstable self, I’d like to see her death in a way where not only she accepts it, but Chief does as well. Some witty banter, and emotion, followed by both of them saying goodbye knowing that one of them won’t be devastated. With Quorra helping Chief through 5 and 6, it’d just be cool to see Cortana mention it, “good taking care of him, don’t stop now” something like that.