Halo 5 Story

So I’ve been a huge fan of the Halo series since the PC port was launched of Halo:CE. There have been a lot of twists and turns through the story but I am so confused by the marketing and promotional material prior to the launch of the game.

The story told in those prompts a very different atmosphere than was delivered and in fact some of I makes little to no sense in context.

I’m very confused and saddened by this. The narrative of #Hunt the Truth was looking good as a set up and I never got to see the live action trailers until today, friend told me about them, but what in the world happened. This game could have been the dark gritty sequel we needed to pump the community up lore wise…and instead I feel it felt flat.

Where is the Didact…surely the last 24hrs isn’t the last we’ll see of him.

Why is Cortana alive, I loved their relationship but she should have stayed gone. Or a the the least not come back until H6. I feel like they scrapped the story for Halo 5 Guardians and rushed the story we got. The legendary ending us almost as bad as the Halo 2 ending. I just don’t understand.

Some trailers(Like the e3) is supposed to be the Halo 6 trailer. But i get you. i had kinda the same thinking

Yep… Halo 5’s story was an absolute disaster at the very least.

I recommend posting it in the Halo Universe section. It will get more feedback there.

#HuntTheTruth were outstandingly done podcasts and even today I’m silently crying they ended.

As for where Didact is… Read Halo: Escalation, there is an arc how Chief meets with Blue Team and their adventure and reunion with Didact. Didact is… composed. For now.

As for Cortana’s survival - Mantle’s Approach made a slipspace jump. Cortana made contact with the Domain where she was saved and well… we know the rest about the Mantle, Warden et cetera.

Literally, don’t play the campaign. Watch the marketing stuff and listen to HTT - and then make up some fan fiction. I tell you, whatever you come up with after the HTT and other ads will be much better than the ‘canon’ story of the game.

> 2535454234963070;2:
> Some trailers(Like the e3) is supposed to be the Halo 6 trailer. But i get you. i had kinda the same thinking

I mean the ones with Chief or Locke down with the destroyed city and infinity in in flames.

The “There are Two Sides to Every Story” Promo videos where Locke and Chief discuss honor and courage and betrayal.

The #Hunt the Truth embassy murder etc

Yeah, the marketing team got us super hyped for an epic battle between Locke and Chief but the campaign under delivered. Well other than the campaign Halo 5 has been one my favorite Halos:)

> 2535454234963070;2:
> Some trailers(Like the e3) is supposed to be the Halo 6 trailer. But i get you. i had kinda the same thinking

It was just more of a teaser. That teaser/announcement trailer WAS Halo 5’s, before they added “Guardians”.
Also, Chief doesn’t possess Cortana’s chip. It was disintegrated with the terminal and that’s why he couldn’t pull Cortana out.

I honestly love Locke as a character in H5. I can’t see why he gets so much hate. It almost would have been better if he were truly “Hunting” chief though. If he had been going to destroyed cities or world’s and finding audio logs or mini video clips and when all 10 or so of each collectable were recovered from say a zone it would load an actual level where we see what really happened as cheif.

I feel like Blue Team just accepted the fact that Cortana was on Miridian a little to easily and everybody was just hunky dory with going AOL even though the reason seemed lame.

So then Locke’s existence was dumbed down…who cares about the story if 343i doesnt.

> 2783251376874809;9:
> I honestly love Locke as a character in H5. I can’t see why he gets so much hate. It almost would have been better if he were truly “Hunting” chief though. If he had been going to destroyed cities or world’s and finding audio logs or mini video clips and when all 10 or so of each collectable were recovered from say a zone it would load an actual level where we see what really happened as cheif.
>
> I feel like Blue Team just accepted the fact that Cortana was on Miridian a little to easily and everybody was just hunky dory with going AOL even though the reason seemed lame.
>
> So then Locke’s existence was dumbed down…who cares about the story if 343i doesnt.

Well I guess it’s the comparison made between Chief and Locke. Chief has always been a fan favorite and will always be. To play as chief for so few missions was a bummer. I guess getting used to Locke will just take more time eh?

> 2533274947240680;10:
> > 2783251376874809;9:
> > I honestly love Locke as a character in H5. I can’t see why he gets so much hate. It almost would have been better if he were truly “Hunting” chief though. If he had been going to destroyed cities or world’s and finding audio logs or mini video clips and when all 10 or so of each collectable were recovered from say a zone it would load an actual level where we see what really happened as cheif.
> >
> > I feel like Blue Team just accepted the fact that Cortana was on Miridian a little to easily and everybody was just hunky dory with going AOL even though the reason seemed lame.
> >
> > So then Locke’s existence was dumbed down…who cares about the story if 343i doesnt.
>
>
> Well I guess it’s the comparison made between Chief and Locke. Chief has always been a fan favorite and will always be. To play as chief for so few missions was a bummer. I guess getting used to Locke will just take more time eh?

I’ll admit it was a bit of a departure but then, not every book or comic is about Chief. I accepted that maybe they would take that idea to the games now. However, I’m afraid that 343 will just Axe locke and make him a back end secondary character when there is so much room to develop further.

> 2783251376874809;11:
> > 2533274947240680;10:
> > > 2783251376874809;9:
> > > I honestly love Locke as a character in H5. I can’t see why he gets so much hate. It almost would have been better if he were truly “Hunting” chief though. If he had been going to destroyed cities or world’s and finding audio logs or mini video clips and when all 10 or so of each collectable were recovered from say a zone it would load an actual level where we see what really happened as cheif.
> > >
> > > I feel like Blue Team just accepted the fact that Cortana was on Miridian a little to easily and everybody was just hunky dory with going AOL even though the reason seemed lame.
> > >
> > > So then Locke’s existence was dumbed down…who cares about the story if 343i doesnt.
> >
> >
> > Well I guess it’s the comparison made between Chief and Locke. Chief has always been a fan favorite and will always be. To play as chief for so few missions was a bummer. I guess getting used to Locke will just take more time eh?
>
>
> I’ll admit it was a bit of a departure but then, not every book or comic is about Chief. I accepted that maybe the would take that idea to the games now. However, I’m afraid that 343 will just Axe locke and make him a back end secondary character when there is so much room to develop further.

I guess time will tell since there were mixed feelings to Locke, both positive and negative…

Fun campaign, but lore wise was not good.

Totally agree and I think a lot of people feel this way. Halo 6 needs a new writing team because, IMO, the Halo 5 story was a disaster. It also didn’t really feel like it matched up with all the other extended media. I’d be happy not ever seeing Locke in a game again. Weak character with a weak personality

It felt like after mission 1 the Osiris cinematics were awkward and forced. I loved the few investigation scenes but it should have been fleshed out more.

Personally (I know most don’t agree it’s me), I enjoyed Halo 5’s campaign. If you really took time and looked through it, a lot of good lore comes into focus. Yes, I know the ads led us to believe the story would be different, but last minute changes were made for whatever reason (Microsoft interfering? I don’t know). Still, there were some heart-wrenching moments in there, and overall I found the story to be enjoyable mostly.

That first into cinematic was awesome and the scene of Master Chief flying to the station was cool but the other scenes were just OK.

> 2533274818084099;5:
> Literally, don’t play the campaign. Watch the marketing stuff and listen to HTT - and then make up some fan fiction. I tell you, whatever you come up with after the HTT and other ads will be much better than the ‘canon’ story of the game.

This ^